Monday, 17 April 2017

Leftover from Easter

I should have completed these and shown them to you before Easter, but I only finished them yesterday and it is too late to display them now!  I thought you might still like to see them though.

Some time ago I purchased two packs of these little wooden egg shapes from Hobbycraft, they were printed with different designs and I assume were meant for children to paint.  I decided that I could colour them in with my pens and make a garland for Easter.  I think that I originally planned to add some glitter too, but I skipped on that.  I also skipped on the garland making.  Once purchased, I tucked the eggs away and then only found them a few days ago, so it was too late to make them up, but yesterday I enjoyed sitting and colouring them all ready for next Easter.

There were three designs and this is now they look before they were coloured in. Sorry about the photo, for some reason my computer keeps messing up my photos and I cannot edit them properly at the moment.  It isn't my camera thank goodness so I hope the software will sort itself out...

Anyway, that is beside the point.


Here they are before colouring in - with bad editing from my photo software.....

There were three designs and four of each in the two packs that I bought.



I love the bunnies most of all!  They are too cute aren't they.  I secretly wish they had all been bunnies, but it is probably better to have a mix.



This is all of them together - she says even though it is plainly obvious!



So those are my eggs, leftover from Easter.  Not chocolate, but cute anyway and all ready to make into a garland for next year!

Hope you enjoyed whatever crafting and decorating you did for Easter this year.

Amy


32 comments:

  1. They are ALL cute, but I think I like the ones with the bows the best. You did a beautiful job coloring them all in.

    Happy (belated) Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! They turned out well, and will make a very cute garland. I spent twenty minutes or so yesterday taking my few decs down and putting away. Can't believe Easter has been and gone already.

    Hope you had a lovely Easter, wishing you a happy Easter Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter seems to have caught up with me this year too. Not a single chocolate egg purchased. I do like these wooden tags though, they would make really special gift tags... As well as a lovely garland of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun. Hope you get your computer problems sorted, so frustrating isn't it. Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all really pretty! I bought some polystyrene eggs a couple of years ago and still haven't got around to decorating them - one of these days! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these they are so pretty

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Amy, those bunnies are very cute indeed, I bet you had fun colouring them all. I did very little for Easter this year no twig with painted eggs hanging from it, just a bunch of tulips. I must try harder next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little craft moment there, sometimes craft just needs to be a distraction from real life not a mammoth project. Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I have no wooden eggs for a garland, though I do have so many leftovers of the usual variety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. They'll make a wonderful garland.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  11. They will look lovely strung up next Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look very sweet Amy. Always lovely to have homemade things x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes they look very pretty and should be great fun when you are ready to turn them into a garland.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look forward to seeing the garland next Spring.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are lovely, I like the flower design best. I think they would look great made into a garland.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute. Spring like. Lovely egg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I'll look for that garland next year, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute and they would make a fun garland.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are so cute! I really like the flower ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are very cute and now you will have something 'new' to display next year! Hope your Easter was lovely. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well they are lovely! Really difficult to pick out a favourite one because they are all so pretty. Perhaps the rabbit,easter egg and bird ones!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, and may I be the first to wish you a Happy Easter for 2018!!!
    Have a lovely week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are very sweet Amy. I hope you had a lovely Easter. I can't quite beieve how fast this year seems to be going. X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love them Amy! Just darling & they'll make a perfect garland for next year. ;) Hope you had a lovely Easter Dearest. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are lovely and will make a fabulous garland for next Easter.
    Hope you had an enjoyable bank holiday weekend.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love them too. Beautiful bright colours, skilfully organised, and the garland will look fantastic for next Easter. Hope you had a nice Easter break Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I was growing up we had cut out Christmas wood ornaments that we colored. Yours are beautiful and I love that they are for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are so cute Amy and will make a lovely garland. It seems a shame to wait until next year to display them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are so cute, I love them. Especially the ones with the rabbits on x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx