Friday, 17 March 2017

Five On Friday

Well folks this is the last week that I am hosting Five On Friday.  Can you believe that we have come to this time when it is time for the hosting to be passed over to someone new.  It seems to be odd that it will be the last time that I am hosting the link, it is probably odder for you than me because I have been thinking about this for a lot longer than you and I have other reasons which are making me make this change which mean that I am busy thinking about those things, the new things rather than the older things.

Anyway, time for things to move on it is and that is all good.

I said last week that I had hoped to do a big goodbye and it just didn't happen and it isn't going to happen and that is all good too.  I am learning to be much better with the that is all good point of view.  Just like you my life is a journey and I am always learning and changing and coming to new things and we will all continue along those journeys. 

So I have decided to slip quietly away from Five On Friday this week.  Despite the fact that you might think I am an extrovert - and in many ways I am if I am speaking to total strangers - really inside I am still that very shy child that was too terrified to speak to anyone.  If I think there is any likelihood of ever seeing you again I can clam up pretty well and I much prefer to just slip off than have a bit ta dah, everything is real, but it is me putting my best foot forward rather than the one that I would prefer to hide!  I am not sure if that makes sense, but make of it what you will.

Well, I am well and truly waffling now so I better get to what I want to say.

Thank you to everyone who has ever taken part in Five On Friday by reading a post, writing a post, visiting one or commenting on one.  YOU are the people who have made Five On Friday what it is and YOU are the people who will make Five On Friday what it is going to be in the future.

Despite the urge to slope off quietly and hide - because that is quite strong in me right now - I will still be blogging though - although all recent evidence is to the contrary I realise.  I am just going through a few things right now that need to be dealt with and then I will be back.  In the interests of total honesty I have found that Five On Friday has got me caught up a little and has meant that I have found other blogging difficult, I kept things for Friday or didn't have things to share on Friday so I didn't feel I could share other things and so my blogging has become harder.  Self imposed I realise, but I am releasing myself from that, so hopefully things will be easier when I just go back to random ramblings and try less to be structured about things.

Right, now I really have gone on, for even longer, so to sum up before I get to my five things....

Thank you ALL SO MUCH and know that you are wonderful and appreciated and it has been a blast!  We will carry on differently and it will be great.

I wish Tricky and Carly all of the very best, I will still be taking part, just on a more occasional than every week basis and I know that everyone else will support them and it will be great!  Have fun guys!!!!

Ok, here are my five.

This week I was very lucky to receive a wonderful gift of five Persephone books from a fellow blogger.  How kind hey!

These are the five.









Persephone books all come with a matching bookmark (shown front and back in the last two pictures above) and it was so lovely that all of these books came with theirs.  They tell you a little bit about each book and show some of the design of the end paper for that particular book.

Unfortunately my camera - and the light - were being temperamental, so these photos are not the best, but you will get the gist I am sure.  As and when I read them I will of course review them, but it will be a long time before I get to these.

So, these are my five, my last for now, but as I said I will return after a little more of a break.  I will try and Instagram - link in the sidebar or search lovemademyhome - but if you don't see me around don't worry, but do feel free to check up on me as that little shy part takes over and finds it hard to start the conversation sometimes.

Thank you all for everything.

I hope you have a great weekend, and as always, tell your loved ones that you love them and be just a little kinder than you need to.

Amy

p.s. of course, I am, for the last time, linking with Five On Friday at Love Made My Home - here - and you can find details there for the new linkup hosted by Tricky and Carly too.


35 comments:

  1. Such an interesting Five!
    Thank you very, very much, Amy, for hosting Five on Friday for all this time. It has been lovely.
    I hope to see you soon again. Have a great weekend and enjoy the spring season!
    Big hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Persephone books have such pretty covers. How lovely that they come with a bookmark, as well.
    Thank you, Amy, for hosting Five on Friday. I've enjoying getting to know a number of other bloggers through your link up, blogs that I now follow. I wish you all the best as you move forward in life and adjust to various changes. I'm not on Instagram, so I'll look forward to seeing your occasional posts when you have time. Hugs, Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy for hosting Five on Friday for so long. I am a pretty new blogger, only 1,5 years behind. This linkup party has been so fun and I have made friends with many great persons here in the blogging world. I wish you all the best and happy reading! Take care and enjoy your new freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wanted to say WE ALL LOVE YOU AMY! and hopefully you like my five on friday post this week, it's all about Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Amy for creating Five on Friday, you should be proud of it, it's so very popular now. And I'm wishing you the very best of everything going forward. I know things have been difficult for you at times, but you have always been so very loyal to your readers. Look after yourself, and I shall look forward to carrying on following your blog. I hope you have a little more time for yourself now too. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Amy. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to hearing all your new news of all the new and exciting things you will be doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy....know that all your time devoted to Five on Friday has truly been appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for hosting 5onfriday. Hope to see you soon an read about your 5.
    enjoy your time
    have a nice weekend
    gusta

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift, bloggers are such a generous bunch of people. I've never taken part in Five on Friday but I've certainly enjoyed reading through the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gift. Thanks so much for hosting Five on Friday and giving us all a chance to connect with others we might never had met.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting, Amy. I wish you all the best. Will look forward to reading your blog posts. I'm another introvert. Sometimes it just seems easier to write on the computer than get out there and meet other people in 'real' life.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll miss your hosting of Five on Friday and wish you the best on your plans and the future. Take care and enjoy your time. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done a fantastic job hosting Five on Friday and I have very much enjoyed reading. Hopefully by handing it over it will give you the breathing space you deserve. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Amy for all you have done to bring us bloggers together every Friday. Hope all goes well with your plans for the future and I look forward to seeing you here occasionally. Your gift books are wonderful and so pretty too. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely, hope they give you hours of enjoyment xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy, thank you so much for faithfully hosting Five on Friday. It has been a fun meme to participate in. I've been Awol the last few Fridays. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Amy! It was indeed a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for being such a wonderful Five on Friday host Amy, although not joining in lately as the last 6 months have been fraught, I have been popping over to visit. I love your Persephone books, I went to their wonderful shop a couple of years ago and took about an hour to decide which books to buy! I bought A Women's Place but haven't had time to read it. Take care of yourself my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I haven't joined in for a while but it was fun when I did. Thank you for hosting and enjoy your books. I love Persephone books too. Beautiful objects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care of yourself and do what you need to be healthy and happy. It's been wonderful taking part in Five on Friday. Thanks for being there so long.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you very much Amy for hosting and continuing to do so even through difficult times. Enjoy your break and I look forward to catching up when you're back in blogland. Take care and enjoy whatever the future may bring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful five! Some good reading coming for you. Thank you for hosting and enjoy your break. I'll be looking forward to your return! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Although I never joined in the FonF, I always loved your post for it & of course still enjoy your blog immensely & I know that you'll get back into the swing of it soon. I'll definitely keep in touch (from afar), though I've been very slack on the email front too of late. Weather way too hot here for wanting to do much at all. Thanks for being a good hostess & friend. Have a great weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been such a wonderful host & blogger & still will be! Thanks so much Amy for all the hard work you put in to this!
    Just enjoy taking all the time you need to sort through everything & hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for hosting Five on Friday, Amy! I have enjoyed joining in and have made some very nice friends through your link-up. And isn't that what it's all about - linking people of like minds together and sharing our lives? You have done a wonderful job, but I can understand your desire for having more freedom and time to do things for yourself. Deadlines and commitments can be overwhelming and put a drag on your quality of life, especially when life gets complicated. I hope you enjoy this freedom and resist the urge to commit your time to anything other than what makes you truly happy. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have only three words - Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the blog hop and hosting it. I agree with Patsy in Nixa, MO - job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amy, you have made SUCH a difference to me so THANK YOU for building this lovely community - and I entirely understand about "that very shy child". Without the work you have done here I would not have discovered some wonderful blogs, and the readership of my own would be much smaller. I feel that I know you through the things you have chosen to share with us and I often think of you, even when you are not blogging. I shall continue to send you positive vibes, and I do hope you will continue to find time and energy to post here. I also hope that in letting go of the reins, you will find more time to fill with creativity and productivity. Take great care of yourself, my Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I enjoyed seeing about your five books. And thank you for hosting Five--I've enjoyed participating when I could. It's definitely a fun post to do. Have a good rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for hosting all of this time dearest Amy! You are a Gem and have been so wonderful to bring us all together to this space for so long. Please keep blogging and I love seeing you on insta too. ;)

    I think it's wonderful that you're giving yourself the time you need...so that blogging can continue to be a enjoyable thing for you. I treasure our time here "together" so much.

    Blessings to you beautiful Friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Even though I often don't get a post together to link up, I've enjoyed stopping by here each weekend to see what the regulars have been posting. This has been a great meme, Amy, and it's done so well. The group of people here have been so good at visiting each other and getting to know each other, all thanks to you :) You will feel better for letting some things move to the background as you get your feet again. Hugs to you, and have a wonderful weekend!
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for hosting your wonderful meme. I am glad FAST will be taking over. I hope you get things sorted out. Take care, and come back to all of us soon! Love the wonderful collection of books and bookmarks! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amy, yo have done a wonderful job creating and hosting Five on Friday. You deserve a rest. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loved reading your five on Friday. What a thoughtful and interesting gift! Those books look right up my street, and I look forward to your reviews when the time comes. In the mean time, I hope things settle for you, and I know we'll be seeing you around these parts soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Look forward to hearing from you soon, Amy, and hope all is tickety-boo (ish)! I've never joined in with '5 on Friday' because ABAB doesn't really fit with it, but I often gate-crash various posts, enjoy them, and leave the occasional comment. You take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx