Friday, 3 February 2017

Five On Friday

My posts for Five On Friday, and possibly my other posts, will be brief for the next couple of weeks, I will update you about the reasons in a few weeks time.  Nothing thrilling, I am not going away or anything, just busy!

Today, in the interests of brevity I have Five quotes from The Book of Hygge that I wrote about here.

One

"A Dane will tend to consider any other person as neither better or less than himself, while acknowledging, for example, that the other person may incidentally have more money or a lower status."

Judith Friedman Hansen

Two

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."

Mother Teresa

Three

"Less is more."

Robert Browning

Four

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

Annie Dillard

Five

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."

Emily Dickinson

I don't really have any news to update you with at the moment, as I said, in a couple of weeks I will do an update of some sort if/as and when I feel up to it/want to.  Basically I have just been busy so nothing really to share.

If you didn't read my post on Wednesday this week about Agnes, please do go and have a look here, and if you can include a link to Agnes in one of your posts, please do, it would be lovely if you could.

I was so glad that some of you left me comments saying this had come at just the right time for you or that you would pass it on to someone you knew it would be useful to, that is so great.  Thank you, and I know that Sam and Charlotte thank you too - because they told me!

Thank you.

I hope that you all have a great weekend and a great couple of weeks ahead if I don't see you so much.

Love each other and be just a little kinder than you need to.

Amy

p.s. of course you I am linking to Five On Friday and you can find the other posts here, via the badge in my sidebar or the post after this one which is where you can link your post.


32 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon. In the meantime, I hope all goes well.

    Hugs,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thought provoking quotes, Amy. Wishing you happy productive days...and I will go check out the earlier post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for the weeks ahead. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have passed on the details of Agnes to our local secondary school as thought it such a valuable resource. Tried to leave Sam a comment on her blog but for some reason WORDPRESS does not like me and rarely lets me leave anyone a comment, so apologies Sam and all wordpresss bloggers. Amy ~ thoughts with you. I am a little less busy, just, these days so can meet up if you want/need to my love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good thoughtful words in your five my dear. Have a happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good quotes ! Whatever you have to do right now, thank you for taking the time to continue with the links for 5 on Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownings 'Less is More' is definitely a favourite expression in our home. So true. Hope everything goes well and have a relaxing weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes & a different way to do your Five on Friday. Thanks. Have a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quotes from a lovely little book (I enjoyed reading it). I'm a fan of 'less is more' too – often quoted to my children. Also 'quality not quantity' (which amuses me, not them!). Have a great weekend, Amy. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thought provoking thoughts they have certainly given me something to ponder. Hope all is well with you. Take care.
    Still not feeling 100% so I am taking things easy for another day or two. Sorry not to be joining in with the weekly gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quotes, Amy. And, I do love a great quote. ;) I especially appreciated your own to love each other and be a little kinder than needed. Excellent. Have a wonderful weekend, Amy. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mother Theresa quotes, she was so wise and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices of quotes. Yes, love each other a little harder...it's getting hard here in good ole' US of A.... pray for us please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, thought provoking quotes. Take care Amy over the next few weeks and remember to take some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quotes, Amy! I like especially the first one... and think that such an attitude is often found among other Scandinavians as well. :)
    Looking forward to seeing you back here soon. In the meantime, take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Particularly liked the last 2 quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quotes dearest Amy! I have one for you too - "You are a Gem" (from Carrie to Amy). ;)

    Blessings on your weekend Hon. HOpe you're busy in a fun way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Five lovely quotes to start off my weekend. Thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed your brief but thought provoking post Amy. Hope your life is going just how you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All lovely quotes Amy. One I love: From the gentle Mister Rogers:
    7. "If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." — Fred Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some interesting and inspiring quotes. I hope all goes well over the next few weeks, Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good quotes to mull over this weekend :) I like Mother Teresa's. I sent you a quick little email to help you along with your knitting. Enjoy your days and hope the "busy"ness isn't stressful. Take care,
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah yes! "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

    ReplyDelete
  24. Take care of yourself. Thanks for sharing the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the quotes today Amy - so many links to Five on Friday this week there's too many to get around, but will try :)
    Have a good week - I've started a sock by the way lol
    Fil

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello - the Hygge craze has not really hit us in Australia, I wonder if it's because our climate is different. I will pick up the book when I am over in the UK in a few weeks as it is of interest since your post. I like the quotes!
    Have a happy, if busy week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely quotes - all important to remember. Hope you're doing ok - have been thinking about you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed the Agnes post before, but I've visited the page and am going to look more into it. I have a 14 year old girl who I'm sure will be very interested. Thank you so much for sharing that! Have a lovely weekend Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are some great quotes. I especially like "how we spend our days is how we spend our lives." Such truth in those words!

    Thanks for hosting this link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I read in an Instagram post from Bellagrace magazine that a great Valentine's gift to ourselves would be to create a little quote book (with pictures) to remind ourselves to surround ourselves with love each day. These would be a great start in that book!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great comments - some of them are favorites of mine too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx