Friday, 20 January 2017

Five On Friday

It has been cold and frosty here this week so I have some cold and frosty to share with you!  I took way more than five pictures so I have chosen just five here and will share the rest with you on Monday.

I am thankful that although it has been very cold, and it was very cold when I was at work - I took my happy scrappy squares blanket with me to sit under and work on and I was very grateful for it! - we haven't had any snow this week.

Photos first, then a bit of catch up chat!






Isn't a thick frost just so beautiful!!  I love these photos.  I love the others I took too, but these were my favourite five, especially the one of the rosemary - second one down.

❄❅❆❄❅❆❄❅❆❄❅❆

It has been a busy week, I am still not back into my "routine", whatever that may be, but I feel as though I am getting there a bit more.  Time seems to be whizzing past and the to do list is ever growing.  We are getting there though and starting to feel rather more as though we know where we are heading with things.  That is good, as I like to know what I am doing and obviously things have been rather topsy turvey lately.

My happy scrappy squares blanket has been receiving a lot of attention.  I don't have the mental focus for anything else right now, but I do have the need to crochet so the blanket is coming along really well because of this.  In fact it is coming along so well that I have a bit more border work to do and I hope that by the end of the weekend it will all be done.  Yay!  Something finished for the first time in a long time it seems.

The socks that I have been working on - not even sure that I have mentioned them here? - have been put aside for now as they need too much thinking about.

Hubby and I are, of course, feeling this big odd shaped hole - a father in law shape! - in our lives right now so we are trying to fill it up by doing things that we haven't had the time or energy to do for ages, so we have had a date night, we are working together on clearing out cupboards - yes I could do it alone and so could he, but we both have such strong opinions on our "stuff" so it is easier to do it together.  Things are being cleared out - and donated - or replaced, moved etc.  We are also considering some travel plans and some other longer term things too.  Right now anything is possible!

I have been reviewing what to do with my Etsy shop and the things I made for it.  Right now I don't think I will be making any new things, but I have lots of lovely things that I made for it before things happened with my father in law.  So I have decided to list them as a "sale", you can see them in the post that I wrote yesterday if you are interested in them.  Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

That is where we are right now.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy Five On Friday - you can find the other posts, and add your own link, here.  Have a great weekend everyone!!  Stay warm or cool depending on where you are.

Amy

43 comments:

  1. Your pictures are just beautiful! Cold can be pretty. :)
    Good for you on the cleaning and sorting. It's a wise way to use your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the lovely frosty photos, Amy, so beautiful. I am glad that you are finding a new normal, working and playing with your hubby, and enjoying some crochet along the way. Rain has washed most of our snow away and given us a new game to play while driving...dodge the potholes! Perhaps I will make that game one of my Five on Friday subjects :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. For once, I woke up early and your lovely frosty photos were here to cheer me up. It seems you've taken a firm grip on the sad situation by keeping yourselves active. I feel your decision to do some rebuilding and long-term planning now is most well-advised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frost does really look so lovely. I am from the South so we never had snow, except maybe a brief little surprise sprinkling, but I do remember the sound of the frosty ground under my feet. Glad to hear you are working on your scrappy blanket. I've been making lots and lots of granny squares since I can't quite decide what big projects I actually want to work on. And it kept me busy at the hospital last Friday when my husband had surgery. Take care and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful frost photos Amy. Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful frost photos!
    Have a happy Friday, dear Amy, and a relaxing weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful frosty photos, the nature is an artist...
    I think, it takes a long time to fill a hole.
    Have a cozy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. In one way it's a start in a new life, now you can think of you ! The pictures are very pretty. In Brussels it is also very cold but beautiful sunshine. I hate cold weather, and all the clothes I have to put on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love a frosty picture Amy. It's a bit white here today but nowhere near as lovely as your photos. Glad things are slowly improving. Remember it takes time so don't push yourself too hard. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue skies that come with the frost have been wonderful too haven't they. So glad you are able to do a few other things at home now after all the worry. Good luck with your sales. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photographs Amy. The frost makes everything look so pretty doesn't it?
    Good to read you're keeping busy. It's been a strange few weeks here too, so I can understand how you are feeling. Just do what you need to do. Go by your feelings and a new kind of being will gradually come together for you.
    Sending you much love Amy. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love photos of frost and ice, and yours a really beautiful Amy. Glad to hear that you, too, are into Declutter January, along with the rest of the Blogiverse..
    And doing your crotchet is such a good idea, soothing, not too tricky, perfect therapy. Don't do too much - you are going really well, and will be amazed in a few weeks how far you have come. Much love to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad things are improving for you Amy and that you are able now to look to the future and make decisions. Clearing and crocheting are both good to keep you busy. Your frosty photos are wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photographs, capturing the very essence of the season. It can be quite enlightening having a good sort out and definitely something that can be shared along with the grief that can be overwhelming at times. Take of yourselves, know that I am thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those pictures with everything looking like it's been dipped in crunchy sugar. Frost has been sadly absent here, just a lot of sog! Well done on all the sorting and clearing out. I need to take a leaf out of your book! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are lovely. Frost reminds me of a powdered sugar dusting. When we lose someone (and I'm sorry for your loss) it does take time to figure out the new way, but it sounds like you are doing what comes naturally, being busy with sorting and such, and at least for me, that was always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pictures too! My sisters and I took care of our parents for many years before they passed on, so I understand "filling" that hole. My mom once told me..."Dicky Bird, do all you can, while you can and enjoy it." (her stroke left her in a wheel chair). I think on that often, maybe it will help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are very chill at the moment dear Amy, in your pictures, if not in your life. I am sure you will fill the empty space in your lives, travel is always good for the soul, I feel.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely frosty images. Such beauty in winter! You have a new life ahead -- enjoy it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous frost photos!! I hope your stress levels lessen over the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What pretty frosty photos! You are doing the right thing, making room in your lives for new things. Just don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love working on a blanket during the cold winter days and feeling the warmth of it on my lap as it continues to grow! Enjoy the process of finding your new normal :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful frosty photos! Hopefully in time days will get a little easier and you will begin to find joy in the things you used to.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos. I do love these frosty days as long as the sun shines. Blanket making is perfect for this weather, particularly at the finishing stage as they keep you warm as you work! Have a good week Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice frosty photos. This is a good time of year to sort things out, both mental and physical.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely frosty pics, so different from here at the moment. Glad to hear you are now moving forward & making plans for the future & still crocheting. Have a good weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful winter photos. It's been cold here too but not frosty and today the sun came out - first time since Sunday! Have a lovely, restful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such gorgeous photos, Amy! On my, I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favourite.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. You will have new norm, in time. I like that you and your husband do the cupboards together . Fireman and I just painted two more rooms together?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some great frosty photos Amy, winter weather does have benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I find I envy you so much for having the gumption to make a dream come true. So excited for you! Got a kick out of you and hubs watching over each other at the cupboard. I feel your pain. My husband would let all my stuff go if given the choice so I would be watching him like a hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Grief takes time, Amy, and I'm glad you and your husband are doing things together. I'm sure there are chats as you go through your days. Love the frosty photos! I prefer clearer, colder weather (within reason), more than the slightly warmer and dreary rain we've been receiving lately.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely frosty photos! Good luck on your Etsy sale.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like some light is starting to come back for you. I am glad xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Enjoyed your pics. If we miss our daily works to be done it gets bundle up as a huge one to get finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's mild, grey and drizzly today, rather odd for winter. Frosty makes for nice photo opportunities, so I'll enjoy yours. Take care of yourselves, Amy, and enjoy making those travel plans.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos of the frost, the first photo is my favorite. Cleaning out cupboards together is an interesting idea, my husband and I both have strong opinions as well. Never thought to try it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks very frosty. stay save in the warm house :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely pictures Amy, especially the Rosemary!
    Hope you are keeping warm!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lots of plans being made, good luck for making them take shape.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx