Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Third Annual Love Made My Home Christmas Card Swap

Sign up for this swap is now closed.  Thank you to all who have taken part.  You can see who is swapping with who on my most recent blog post dated 11th November 2016.

After the great fun and success of the 2015 Christmas Card Swap, and after much deliberation, I have decided to host the Third Annual Love Made My Home Christmas Card Swap 2016 card swap extravaganza fun card swapping happy thing!


And as the intro to last years launch post was so successful, I can do no more than repeat it to you all!

There is to be no screaming.

There is to be no fainting.

There is to be no running off in the opposite direction.

There is to be no screaming and running.

There are to be no histrionics of any kind.  At all.

Most importantly, there is to be no tearing out of hair.

Or sobbing, or crying or wailing!!!!!!!!!!!

It is with absolutely NO regret at all that I must inform you that it is now less than 9 weeks until Christmas.  Yes, that is the truth!!!!  I am as terrified as the rest of you!!!

That means that we need to get started on a little project!

Yes, it is once again time for the Christmas Card Swap!

Last year it was great fun and there were cards going around the world to different places and arriving and lots of good wishes were exchanged.

So, because it was such fun, I have decided that perhaps we could all have another go at it again this year.

Today I am launching the Love Made My Home Christmas Card Swap 2016!  These are the "rules" - possibly slightly different from before so do read them!

One - If you would like to swap ONE Christmas card with ONE person then sign up on THIS post by leaving a comment.

Two - IF YOU LEAVE A COMMENT, I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE TAKING PART, so if you just want to say "have fun" or something please tell me you don't wish to join in this time round.

Three - You must have a blog to take part and readers must be able to leave you a comment - that is so you and your swapper can get in touch!  Please don't post your address in the comments though, that would just make me terrified!

Four - Swaps could be anywhere in the world.  You are only sending a card - no gifts! - so the postage shouldn't be too too bad.  If you really only want or need to swap in your own country - which I understand totally - please e-mail me and I will discreetly see if I can sort something out for you.

Five - Last date for sign ups is Monday 14th November 2016.  Partners will be assigned later that week - I will try and post them by the 17th.

Six - I am afraid I cannot include any late sign ups, so please sign up as soon as you can.

Seven - Cards to be sent no later than Friday 2nd December 2016.  I know that is very early in some ways, but is also likely to be the last posting date for sending overseas for most of us.  If your last posting date is before that, please just send the card before that date!

Eight - Finally, this is JUST a card swap.  No matter how lovely you are, or how lovely your recipient is, this is just a way to send a simple, old fashioned, handwritten Christmas greeting to someone!  So don't send anything else please!!!  If you both become friends and agree privately to exchange a gift that is up to you, but I don't want to place any additional burdens or expectations onto anyone.  Also this isn't about sending me cards.  I love to hear from you and if you do send a card, that is very very kind, and I really do appreciate it, but this isn't the purpose of this swap.  I do hope you understand.

That is it!  Despite all those "rules" it really is easy!  Sign up, get in touch with your partner and post each other a card!  Simples!

Oh, and while I am at it, I shall risk it and be the first to say "Happy Christmas" because you are probably already throwing virtual bricks at me for bringing up the subject!!!  Hee hee!!!

Sign up below and I will post the swappers soon and we can all have some fun!

Amy

p.s. you can copy and paste the above picture into your blog/sidebar if you wish to spread the word!

42 comments:

  1. I would love to join in again this year. Thank you for organising it Amy. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join in again Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to join in again Amy. It was a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for organising and please count me in again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to take part again please. Thank you for organising it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please may I join, I haven't participated before. I am in the U.K. I don't blog in the summer, too busy with my garden and allotments. I will post a card anywhere. Thank you for organising the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be part of the swap again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please, count me in and thanks for organising.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes Christmas! No way am I even close to being ready...or started. Well, I have bought four gifts and a tin of Quality Street. My excuse for the chocolates is that they are really hard to find over here. I'd love to take part. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to join in, sounds like fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's years that I am not sending paper Christmas cards any more but only per email and my friends do it too. Usually they arrive late or not at all (I am still waiting for one since 2 years from Tanzania) and then the mail has become so expensive !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes please count me in again! You Angel for organising it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a lot of fun last year so count me in. I am delighted that this is no gifts, just a card. I am all for the KISS method. =D Thanks for making it happen, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun experience. I would love to join in. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really had fun last year, i would like 2 be apart again. please, thanks! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to take part again this year please Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, I know I've been out of the loop for a,while but I would love to participate this year if you'll allow me. I don't mind posting internationally, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you bring this up already my dear Amy!! And I would so love to participate again!! I had such fun with it last year and still keep in contact with that new Friend to this day. Thank you so much for going through all of the work to organize it and God bless ya for it!

    You are definitely the opposite of the Grinch. ;) Lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to join in! This will be my first time joining in this swap :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to join in Amy. Please pair me up with a UK friend. Thank you for organising the card swap.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to take part but regrettably I don't have a blog 😳 it's a lovely idea though. All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw Amy, you're a sweetheart for organizing this again :) Yes, please, add my name to the growing list of participants! I'm so glad you're taking time out for this with all that's going on.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amy, Great Idea! Pair me up with anyone in the world I'm in Spain now so postage doesn't matter to me its pretty much the same to anywhere in the world. Really looking forward to making someone a card with the kids, it's guaranteed to be awful and awesome in equal measure! lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, I didn't do this before, but count me in for this year. I love to meet new bloggers - no matter where the live!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anything to spread the festive feeling!
    Please count me in.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to take part again, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was such fun last year Amy. Thanks for hosting the swap again. I'm looking forward to swapping.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yes, what fun! Sign me up please. :-) And I love the idea of a card, because it's so much less complicated than a gift. Go Amy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love to join, Amy. Thanks for doing this. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  30. it was a sweet treat last year and I want to do it again this year! Thank you for organizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Count me in Amy, sounds like fun! Hope someone will be happy to send Down Under!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd love to join in again this year please Amy. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Count me in again Amy. Thanks so much for organising this. Chel xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Amy,

    Thank you for the invitation to everyone; this looked like such fun last year, and I regretted not participating then. So, I'd love to participate this year!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  35. I still love the snail mail type Christmas cards. A card in hand is so much prettier than one by email, but that is just me. I have told my kids if they have any to save them as one day they will probably be a vintage gift. lol
    And, yes, count me in on it. Sounds fun.

    You will find me at Peabea Scribbles
    https://peabea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This swap sounds so lovely, please add me to your Christmas Card Swap List.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Amy, I'd love to join in - thanks for hosting - what a lovely idea
    Fil
    Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete