Monday, 7 November 2016

Stuff/sorry/life

Hi Everyone!

I hope that you are all well and had a good weekend.  Thank you to everyone who took part in Five On Friday, and especially for your good Anniversary wishes to Hubby and I.  Yes thank you, we had a good time!

Things in our lives went a bit crazy with Man over the last few days.  We had to dash off to see him as he is in hospital again, we don't know what is the matter with him, other than he is sicker than we have seen him before and the rest of the family needed some moral support so off we headed. 

We don't know if the problem is infection, dementia, medication side effects or something else that we haven't come upon before.  To say that it is sad to see someone who doesn't know how or why they got to where they are, what is happening and to have been seeing things that are not there, is a major understatement.  I don't know how else to voice it.

Man is still in hospital, I hope to find out later today what the news is after the doctor has seen him, so I may be rather absent again in the coming days if I or my thoughts and efforts are needed elsewhere.

Just as you think things are calming down, off they go again.  You might have heard the saying, we plan, god laughs.  Well, we had the whole weekend planned, and while I cannot imagine that God was laughing at the situation, it just shows that you can plan to your hearts content, but things can still be thrown up in the air.

I don't know what the outcome of this will be, other than to confirm that the pattern of our lives will continue to be a roundabout even if Man doesn't live near us.  We continue to spin in circles!

I want to apologise to those of you who took part in Five On Friday, I am afraid I haven't been round to see your posts, but I will get there in the next day or to - all being well!!  I might give up planning!!  Thank you for taking part, for your comments and visits though.  I know from what we have discussed before that you all understand, but I don't like messing you around or not keeping up my end of the bargain, despite your kindness and understanding!  Thank you for your kindness though.

As for the dentist, well, I have great news there.  I did have an infection after the extraction, but I went today and had the rest of the treatment that I needed and I am not due back at the dentist now until next year.  Yay!!  I have had a lot of treatment in the last couple of months, so to be free from the dentist for a few months is a great feeling.  I have also overcome great difficulties that I had at the dentist.  Two months ago I couldn't even let them have a look round with the mirror, today I had a root canal with no trouble at all.  Whilst a root canal isn't something to be proud of, I am so pleased that I managed to cope with it and get it done and now I feel as though I am on the path to better future dental health and that is a great feeling.  In fact it is a feeling that I have never had before so it is a good thing!

Well that is it.  I need to go and carry on making and working through my to do list because despite what I said above about planning, there is another planning saying.  Fail to plan and you plan to fail.  As I have no intention at failing I will keep going and doing what I can.  I guess that I need some sort of saying about flexibility.  Any suggestions?

Oh, and I wanted to say something that I may have said before, but I feel as though I haven't and in any case I hope it bears repeating.

The reason that I am sharing all of this stuff about Man and my teeth isn't for sympathy for myself, or for Man, or anyone else.  It is to share with you all so that you know that these things happen and that it is OK to talk about them.  Perhaps you will find yourself in a difficult situation in the future, or have a friend who is going through something like these things. 

I don't know anyone else who has had a horrendous fear of the dentist and needed to get through it, but having been that person with the fear I can tell you that you can do it, and it will be OK, you have done nothing wrong and it will be alright. 

I can also tell you that if you have a family member or friend who is ill then it is probably something that has been seen many times before, and if you tell your family and friends chances are they will have experienced similar things and can offer great support.  So never feel that you are alone.  You are doing really well.  Keep going and make sure that you ask for help and support as and when you need it.  There is nothing wrong with needed support, or asking for it and definitely not in receiving it.

That is it really.  Share and listen and that will really help to make things better!

I better go now.  Thank you all for listening and for the good dental thoughts - your good thoughts moved mountains today!!

Amy

25 comments:

  1. My thoughts and good wishes are with you dear Amy. I hope things can settle down this week for you. You are such a kind, caring person. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good to share these challenges and give readers hope they will survive their own challenges. I hope Man is better and you must feel great after having the root canal done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that life is up in the air again so soon after you thought you'd got your father in law settled in to his new home. As you say, you can't plan for these things, it's good that he's got such a caring family. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Man, he is in the right place and I am sure the doctors will find out what is happening and be able to help. Glad everything was OK at the dentist and you are feeling better about it all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are going through this and thanks for sharing. If I had not had Blogger when my parents died, I don't know how I would have coped with my grief. Personally, people grew tired of me and just wanted to say stupid, well-meaning things. I lost faith in people. Blogger helped me to believe again. So, you go right ahead and voice your feelings. It's even okay to be anger. God is my healer and I'm through most of that, but some days are still hard. My mom had dementia and then cancer and she was confused and it was so hard. Six months later my daddy died. He was heartbrokern. She was in the nursing home 2 years before he death because daddy almost died and we could not take care of them both. It's hard. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, poor Man, let's hope he gets better soon. So glad you are done with the dentist. Hooray! Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the pep talk about dental work. When it comes to dentists, I am getting worse with old age. Prolly need a pill. =D

    I'm sorry about your father-in-law. You are right. It is so difficult to watch loved ones struggle. Praying that it is something simple that can be readily addressed. So good of you and your husband to provide moral support...families need all the help they can get and rallying the troops is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Man. Just when you thought things were finally settling down!

    I hate going to the dentist A few years ago I went back after not going for a while(had a couple of bad experiences.) I had to get a lot done. I still don't like it, get anxious, but I manage to deal with it. I have an appointment next month and am already feeling anxious when I think about it! Luckily I found a great dentist who understands and is very sympathetic. They don't make me feel stupid for being afraid!

    I hope things get better for you - will be thinking of you and Man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Share and listen - good advice Amy. I'm sorry things are so rough right now. I know you don't want sympathy, think of it more as a virtual hug. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life has surprises at every corner. We can still plan and try to make the best of what God throws at us. :) Wishing you the best.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry life has gone haywire again, but we never know what the next day is going to bring. As for dentists, I can tolerate them,just, but hubby is terrified and now needs and extraction, which he is putting off. We have a good dentist who understands that I gag badly & can't deal with the plastic thing that some of them stretch over your mouth, which is when I go into full anxiety mode, then feel completely stupid afterwards. He very rarely uses it. Hope that you can start to relax & breathe a little. Take care Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you are having such a crappy time of it again Amy. It just surrounds your life completely and if you're not careful just overwhelms you. Remember to look for the bright spots no matter how small and keep on breathing even through gritted teeth. You will get through this and well done you with the dentist. Thanks for the lovely comment, you are such a sweet person x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've often said that one of the worst things about getting older is watching the decline of our parents, so hard.
    I had a dental phobia, had to take Valium before going. I'm better now, but will never be relaxed at the dentist.
    Hope things get better f o r you, your husband and Man

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will be praying for man and that you all can enjoy the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry Man is unwell and back in hospital. Thinking of you all and hope he is as comfortable as possible. Congratulations in overcoming your fear of the dentist and completing the treatment. Take care and look after yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For Flexibility: when I want to remind myself to stay flexible I sing the Que Sera Sera song "...Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be..."
    https://youtu.be/azxoVRTwlNg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry about Man being in the hospital and your long trip to soothe. Also, I need all the pep talks I can get about dental work. Ugh and Oye. Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've said it before, but take care of yourself Amy... And never need to apologise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Amy, I don't know what to say, but I know a lot of us have been in your situation. Fortunately my darling dad managed to look after my mum at home until she was admitted to hospital four days before she died and he, blessedly, died peacefully in his sleep in his own bed, in his own home. I was with my mum when she died on my birthday which now I think about it was a honour. I found my dad too. Everything was neat and tidy. Dishwasher cycle completed, clean laundry folded ready to go upstairs, gin glass on the side! There was no indication he was close to death and he was fit and strong to the end despite being nearly 88, but I know he missed my mum and once we'd completed probate and fulfilled her wishes I think he just gave up. He would be 90 this December, 1926 was a good year to be born I think. Look after yourself Amy. This awful time will pass and you have your life to live too. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. No need for apologies Amy we all understand. So sorry to hear that Man is back in hospital, do take care and take a breather now and then away from all those cares,a little treat here and there just for yourselves:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Amy, I am sorry to hear Man is in hospital, and trust they can work it out for his treatment. So difficult when they have dementia and cannot articulate to the doctor what the trouble is. Well done re the dentist, you have every reason to be proud of your achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear life is once again turned upside down. I came across this quote the other day: 'She stood in the storm and, when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.' It might help.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Think of you often...even when I don't comment...
    Take care my friend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated anniversary to you and Hubby dear sweet Amy!! And I'm also so happy that all went well at the final dentist visit and now you get a break!! Amen to that, huh? ;)

    But I'm so sorry that Man is having difficulties again. I was so hoping you'd get a true break for a while now. Please know I'm sending continued supportive caring thoughts and lots of hugs and prayers. Thank you for keeping us posted!

    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. It can be very disconcerting to live your life waiting for the next thing to happen that is quite out of your control. You are right to plan, because this will give you some sense of normality and not have you feeling as if you're just sitting by the phone. Well done you for dealing with your fears of the dentist; not something to be underestimated by any means! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx