Monday, 28 November 2016

Looking Up

I was typing away at some more of the endless e-mails that I have been sending over the last couple of weeks and realised that it was dark.  I touch type without looking at the screen for the most part - as a child it was my lifetimes ambition to be able to do this! - so I look at other things on my desk, notes etc.  I suddenly realised that it was too dark to see what I was reading while typing and looked up to see how dark it was.  This is what I saw.


So while "things" aren't looking up, I guess that it is good that for the first time in a long time I looked up and noticed something that I could photograph and share with you.  So something is looking up, and it isn't just me!

How are things looking around you at dusk these days?

Amy

p.s. I am so out of practice, I published this and then realised what I didn't say!  The point is that I looked up and decided to take a photo and that is a breakthrough lately for me, and then I decided that I would stop what I was doing and take a photo and actually do it and to heck with what I was "supposed" to be doing for someone else at that moment.  I also then typed in an e-mail while waiting for the pictures to load that they have to reply to me ASAP because then I am going to be busy doing something for me.  Yes, I actually said that in an e-mail!  Small things, but improving things putting my first hey.

p.p.s. these pictures are "as taken, just cropped to get the big black bit out which appeared on the left of the photo which is a wall that you now cannot see!

p.p.p.s. then I realised the scene had changed again.  Now it looks like this!


20 comments:

  1. Looking good Amy, glad you're standing up for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post from you Amy. And good for you putting yourself first. There has been some beautiful weather recently, resulting in some stunning sunsets. I'm so happy you took the time to look up. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're thinking about yourself, hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About time you did a little something for yourself my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you looked up and glad you posted. You are in my thoughts my friend, tough times I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to stop what we're doing, take a breath and look up xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was good you looked up as it was a beautiful sky at dusk yesterday. Keep your chin up Amy, this awful time will pass and you will know you have done all you could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the half-light, so beautiful and I am so glad you are doing some things for you. If you get a moment, pop over and read the last paragraph or two of my post for today. I think it will make you laugh. It involves Ted. I shall say no more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing what we can see once we take a breath and just look up. There are good things in life. Times might be a little dark, but there is joy too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thoughts I had while looking at your pictures was how quickly things change and how we can miss beautiful moments by not looking up. Thank you for that reminder, I am choosing to look up with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! Stopping to see and enjoy life for a moment...and even advocating for yourself to that person that you needed to do just that! Keep it up Lady - it will keep you happy and healthy. Love your "in the moment" pics my dear sweet Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to sit up in our bedroom as the sun is giving its last bright glow of the day. When it goes down, it's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sun sets always keep me in awe.
    Glad to hear you are pairing down a little. That was a lot of work just typing the results of your survey. I think we do need to do what we can and not pressure ourselves to do more than we can do. I'm preaching to myself. I really can't do life and keep up with everyone all of the time. I've lost my blog roll and bloglovin quit working so long ago that I forget I have it back now. I used to get email notifications.
    Anyway, I appreciate hearing from you and think of you fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Taking time for yourself is the best thing you can do when overwhelmed and stressed by others' demands. Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy,

    How wonderful the sky looked and can change so very quickly. glad that you were able to get the pretty colours in the first photo.
    Hope you are having a good week and many thanks for visiting me.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. So often the scenes from our windows are like gifts all wrapped up for us to enjoy if we notice. I don't always "notice;" glad that you did. You are making me quite curious with that little piece of news tucked in here. =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful images and looking up and focusing on the now is truly a nice moment, so glad you shared with us. I can type without looking and I can thank the typing classes I took in high school a super long time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the green glass vase.
    Carry on looking after yourself as much as you can.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. It makes you feel very insignificant in the grand scheme of the earth when time gets away from you. Nice captures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Long may this looking after yourself and thinking about yourself last. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx