Friday, 11 November 2016

Five On Friday

I have other things to say, but before I start I wanted to thank you for your comments on my post yesterday.  I wasn't trying to show favour for one side or another in either the Brexit Vote or the American Presidential Election, or the non vote in Australia about Marriage Equality.  I truly mean it, I really wasn't.  It was just a reminder to myself and to anyone else who happened to read the post that all things will go round and come round and we have to accept things and keep going.  Whichever way we want things to go sometimes they will and sometimes we have to wait until we get our own way.  In the meantime, as several of you said, we be nice and care about others, don't judge and move on.  So please don't think that I am either with or against you.  That isn't what I meant, I was trying to say play fair and bide your time, for your time will come someday and then it will be someone else who feels put out.  I don't want to go on further with this, but please don't be offended in any way!  Apart from anything else what I am about to say is probably going to offend and/or upset you far more than what I said yesterday!!

On with the other things I have to say.

I am afraid that I have no post to share with you today and there is no link up either.  I have also closed the Christmas Card Swap (yesterday afternoon) and later today the post will go up to say who is swapping with who.

Things with Man have taken another turn for the worse and is back in hospital again.  Each time he has an "episode" for want of a better word his health seems to decline exponentially and he had another "episode" a week ago today and is of course left much worse than he was before.  We don't know what will happen, he has gone back up again in the past after days when we feared the worst, but right now we don't know what will happen and he is very sick and overall he keeps getting worse and worse.

N.B. I use the word "episode" because we don't know if he had a stroke or something else was at play, there are many possibilities, so this is just an easy word to cover something that we don't have a name for.

Although Man is now living - and therefore now in hospital - very far away from us, we still need to see him, and the distance just makes that harder.  There were good reasons for him moving, but I wish that he hadn't.  Who knows if it would have made any difference anyway.  That is all beside the point.

The thing is that Man is very sick again and I just cannot concentrate on two things at once and I am sure that you know that Man and my husband have to take precedence over things like blogging - and I have to come before blogging too, I am realising that!

Perhaps when things are clearer I will be able to share more with you, but right now I can't, and I have to be as straight with you as I can because I don't know how to be any different.  So as I can't bear to share, and cannot be cryptic or ignore it I have decided to take a break from blogging.  I think that is fairer to us all, and especially Hubby and I.  I don't know when I will return, I will do, but it might not be this side of Christmas, or I may be back on Monday if things suddenly improve.  I don't know.

I have said before I will be away and then back and then off I go again and try to return and so on.  Frankly it is making me a little loopy and I don't suppose it is fun for you either dear readers.  So it seems easier to just take a break for a while and then return when I know that I can actually remain returned and sharing with you as I would like to.  Whatever the situation I have no intention of returning before the end of the month.

So sorry about the lack of Five On Friday, I am sure you will find some other great link ups to join in with and have fun visiting.  Sorry too that I will not be making a big thing of the card swap.  Having opened it up to you I wanted to match you up in pairs and to see you all swapping, but I am afraid that right now I cannot do anything else.  I will post later today with the swap partners in a separate post.

I sound very down, and of course I would be crazy to deny that I am, but I am not as bad as I sound, I always do sound worse in writing than in real life!  So don't worry about me, instead if you have any, please send a few prayers up for Man every now and then for whatever happens to be peaceful.

If/as and when anything "dramatic" happens I will let you know.

Please accept my apologies and until we see each other again perhaps you can do a few things for me.

Love yourself.  Love each other.  Love your family, your friends and neighbours and those around you in the world.  You know I am all about the love.

Be kind to everyone you meet.  You don't know their story any more than they know yours, so just be kind.

Have a great Christmas, Hanukah or anything else that you are celebrating, and if you don't celebrate anything just have some good old fashioned fun.

Stay safe and warm and enjoy each day as it comes.

Take care, love to you all and in case I don't get chance to say it, because I really do mean it, Happy Christmas and blessings to you all.

Amy xx

p.s. comments are closed.

24 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best dear Amy. You family and yourself comes first so it's a good decision you have made at this time. You too, have a blessed holiday season. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wishing you and yours all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay well and look after each other, sending you hug and know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All

    I just realised that I thought I had turned off comments on this post and then realised that I hadn't. Sorry about that, please don't feel any requirement to comment, I didn't mean for you to, but if you want to that is lovely to.

    Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you and yours all the best Amy, we'll all still be here for you when you return x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy, what a horrible position you are in. The Best Beloved's family live several hours' drive away from us and throughout his father's final illness and death we found the distance so difficult to manage, so my thoughts are with you and your Hubby. You are a tower of love and strength and I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. (Thank you for explaining about the Christmas Card Swap - I logged on last night to sign up and was very confused and disappointed, but I now understand.) Sending love. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay well, take care and whatever happens I hope there is a peaceful resolution for you all x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, just think about yourself and your family and don't feel guilty about anything. We will be here to welcome you as and when you are able to return and in the meantime my thoughts are with you all. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry about offending, we are all are entitled to our opinions and to sharing them and you do it in a fair and balanced way. Take care of yourself Amy. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. will be thinking of you Amy, much love t x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you didn't turn off the comments Amy because I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and your husband at such a distressing time for both of you and the rest of your family. Be safe travelling to visit Man I know you are well prepared from one of your previous posts. Take Carexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Amy!
    Iam wishing You the best, and that things turn out well as it can be...
    My love to You and your family!
    Best wishes,
    AnnA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you at this difficult time. We will still be here when you are able to come back. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take good care of yourselves Amy, particularly on your journeys back and forth. Will be thinking of you and sending many good and positive wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No apologies are necessary Amy, take care of your family and do what you must.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep on keeping on dear Amy. Take care. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, Take the time you need. I believe that we have to look after ourselves before we can look after our loved ones (I am so bad at following my own belief mind!). I hope that you find your happy and life is not as hard as you fear. Lots of love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love and blessings to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please know we are all praying for a better life for Mr. Man. Hoping he will be able to be well and live his last years (months?) feeling happier with life. And hope you get some much needed down time for your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care Amy. Hope things work out for you soon. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you Amy. Try and take good care of yourselves. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hugs and love to you, Amy! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Amy! Please know I'm sending up prayers for you all and my heart goes out to you. Such a difficult and trying time. Of course you know we'll all be here whenever you're able to return. Thank you for the link up and card swap and all you do for us. You are so appreciated and a wonderful friend!!! You're in my heart and prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was away on Friday so was not able to join in the link up and therefore have only just now seen this post. Sending all the love I have to you and yours Amy Tough times but I think you've made the correct decision. Everyone will be here when you are ready and able to return. Love as always x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx