Friday, 7 October 2016

Five On Friday

Hello everyone once again and welcome to Five On Friday and October!  Can you believe that it is October.  I still feel as though I am just gearing up for Summer and it is autumn already and only a couple of weeks until Halloween.  Where did all of that time go?

It has been a tough week and hasn't really got any better I am sad to say.  The brightest spot has been, and continues to be all of you though.  Thank you so very very much for your wonderful comments on my post on Tuesday.  You are all so very kind and I am so thankful for you.  Your kindness knows no bounds and neither does my gratitude for you all.  Thank you for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers.  It means so very much.

I did another stint at Basildon Park this week after a long break and having been back for two weeks now I certainly appreciate being back there and with my friends and doing something normal and just for me.  Crochet has gone by the wayside.  For the first time since I learned to crochet I have lost my interest in it.  It will come back and in the meantime I continue to do a little bit here and there, better than nothing, but with no real enthusiasm.

Anyway, this blog is fast turning into a place of doomdom and gloomdom and I cannot have that, so on with cheerier things.  We had visitors at the weekend to collect Man's car so I did a little random pumpkin and autumn decorating because, well, you know, I used to be known for my seasonal decorating.  Not that I have done any since Easter!  So it was time.

Today I have five - or so!! - photos of my autumn decorations for you to enjoy along with a few other things too...

One - pretty pieces of china with an autumn or pumpkin feel....





Two - many sorts of pumpkins in many shapes and materials....









Three - some other sorts of decorations too....



Four - candles....



Five- other autumn pretties....






Six - just some randoms.....

Yes, I know.  It is against the rules!




The lady and the little dog have been rescued from Man's house.  The way things are going they might be the only things we rescue.  I love them and they make me sad at the same time.  They are tiny as you will see from the addition of the tea light in the next photo.


Just to make things even worse, a sneaky seventh mosaic in the hope that I might get to join Mosaic Monday on Monday!


I have a few more scheduled posts to share and once those are done I  am thinking about taking a little break and just do my Five On Friday posts for a little bit as we have other things to attend to.  So if you don't see me around, please don't worry, and please don't be offended if I am not commenting on your posts or blogs.  It isn't you, I just don't have the time, or to be honest, the heart right now.  As with my crochet mojo returning I am sure that this will return, but now my mind is elsewhere.  Thank you for bearing with me.

Thank you for joining in.  For your kind thoughts, prayers and all round goodness.  You are very special.  Each and every one of you.  Please go and visit other participants, leave them comments and link your own posts.  I am sorry that I am not always able to leave a comment at the moment, but I love reading your posts and they bring me great joy, so please do take part if you can.

Have a happy weekend, whatever you are doing, and take a little time for yourself.  You deserve it!

Happy Autumn!

Amy

Linking with Maggie from My Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday, thank you for hosting Maggie!  Please do go and visit the other posts.

********************




Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

********************

43 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I really hope things will go better soon and you start to enjoy again for example crocheting!
    This post made me sad, but the photos are wonderful. Such pretty pieces of china and crochet works and other decorations and flowers...
    Sending you good wishes and warm hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Autumn decorations are lovely, Amy. The painting is especially wonderful to me. Thanks for keeping in touch and for faithfully hostessing the FOF link. May the Lord bless you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeously autumnal. The bunting is lovely - and I adore that leaf wreath.
    Sending positive thoughts that things start to be better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crocheted pumpkins, so autumnal. Which shop did you get your Jersey milk jug, it looks great. Thanks for hosting. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are so pretty Amy and I hope they bring you a little cheer at the moment. The rescued treasures may make you a little sad now but will bring you comfort in the future. I'm sure your crochet mojo will return once you have more head space. Take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post filled with beauty. You know my favourite has got to be the mantel, stunning. Sending you a hug and hoping things start to improve soon, I do know how difficult it can be been a carer. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there wouldn't be the blogs, I wouldn't even know about Halloween and autumn. There is nothing here in the stores yet. I also have always done seasonal decorating, but this year I am not motivated ! I think a lot of people run out of energy for the moment. Your decorations are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Amy, what lovely golden pumpkins, leaves and general Autumnal goodness. Is that a tiny Josephine Baker in black glass? What a cute and special piece to have for a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly getting in the Autumn mood, I don't know where the time has gone either, it's been a strange year. Looks like you had a beautiful bouquet of flowers during the week, how glorious. Hope you are able to take a break over the weekend, do something different. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy,
    As I have told you before, about a year and a half ago, I went through what you are going through right now, with my husband's Mother. The only advice I can offer is to do the best you can for that person, and that is exactly what you are doing. Taking care of you and your family is more important than commenting on our blogs, and we all know it. We will still be here. Your Autumn decorations are lovely and I want that bunting!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Festive!!!
    I like the owls perched on the picture frame/mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you decorate for autumn, you have some lovely things. I'm sorry to hear that your heart isn't in so many things at the moment but your mojo will return, just give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your decoration for autumn. The garden looks pretty, too.
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not surprised you have lost your crochet mojo with everything you have going on in your life at the moment. Don't worry, it will come back. I love your Autumn decor, especially your Autumn wreathes. Take care Amy and just do what is right for you at the moment and don't fret about the things you cannot manage at this time. You and your family are what is important just now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lost my crojo a while back, it will return best just not to worry about it, you have enough of that right now. But your autumnal decorating, it's superb! You prompted me to try and sort out my porch today. Not that i really had time, but after seeing your post, it had to be done. Thanks for the inspiration Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless your heart Amy, such tough times. Hang in there, we are here for you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of you at this difficult time but thankful that you are still doing things just for you as you need to!
    Lovely to see all the autumn touches around your home and I love that leaf wreath!
    Thanks for making the time to host.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your crochet mojo will return, I have the same thing with my knitting ;)
    Love your autumn touches in your home, it's all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pictures, Amy. I love the colours of Autumn. Your crochet mojo will return as things settle and you get a little more used to your new 'normal'. Hang in there, things will get better and, if you take a break, we'll be still be around when you come back.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like all your handmade fall decor Amy and I wouldn't worry about going off one of your crafts, something will motivate you one day.
    It is hard to feel uplifted when dealing with family issues, one day at a time is my go-to for getting through these things.
    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy, don't worry about us! We have your back and send lots of hugs and prayers. Your muse will return, too. Loved all your fall decor .. the pumpkins, the owls, the folk art painting. Happy Fall, Happy Friday and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, Amy,
    Your Autumn decorations are lovely and I find them full joy in this time of the year! Those pumpkins are not familiar to Japan. So pretty! Happy weekend to you! Thank you for your host.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your seasonal makes and decorations, Amy! Very uplifting. As always, thank you for hosting Five on Friday. It's much appreciated during this difficult time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your photos and seeing the green glass dog reminded me I had a brown one, similar to that back in my childhood, a very long time ago. Goodness knows where that ended up. I'm sorry things are very difficult for you both. May you find peace and pleasure where you can whether it be at Basildon Park or on a walk. Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of fun fall items at your place Amy. Love your fall banner that you made that adorns the fireplace! It must be comforting to be able to work with your hands to make these creations. Blessings to you as you navigate the waters with your extended family...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely to see your decorated mantelpiece again!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all your decorations, especially those leaf shaped tea light holders. The orange lantern is beautiful too. And your bunting of course, it all looks so cosy.
    Sending you love and strength at this difficult time.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all your pumpkins in every shape and form. We all go through crafting slumps but you have even more reason to have little mojo right now. But as you said, it will return. Just take each day as it comes, step by step, one moment at a time. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amy, I know exactly how you feel dividing up a loved ones possessions is never easy. When my Mother died, my 2 brothers and I decided that the fairest thing to do would be to take back anything we had bought her for birthdays and festivals. that went reasonably OK, although I knew there were items missing, then after that, it all went mad, things disappeared and I never got to chose anything else. My brothers took everything. It wasn't a financial thing on my part, my Mother never owned anything of any value, except what we had bought for her, but everything my grandmother had left to her disappeared too. It had nothing to do with monetary value, but just the fact that I never had the chance to pick something of sentimental value to me. What hurt me most was that all the family photos were destroyed, and I would rather have them than any expensive heirloom. I find that so difficult to forgive, although I know I must

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Amy!
    And there I found your blogposts...I give you five, of the Swedish views of October, my garden, my flower arrangements and other things from Sweden nearby my home. I hope You will find them interesting. Nice pictures you are showing in your blogpost.
    Happy Friday1
    Best wishes,
    AnnA

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Amy, sending hugs to you as I know you are in a difficult time right now. Your autumn decor is so lovely. I really enjoyed seeing all your beautiful arrangements for this special time of year. I'm hoping that you can get some much needed rest this weekend. Thinking of you and sending you my best wishes, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's a very orange time autumn isn't it? Am thinking of you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Take all the time you need, you have to look after yourself or you won't be able to look after those you love.
    Your decor is rather lovely and the dog and little lady are very sweet.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do love the ornamental gourds you have on your windowsill. Good to surround yourself with beautiful things that make you smile, Amy. Hang in there. Sending all good wishes through the ether. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely Autumn things for this week. It seems Friday came round so quickly I didn't get around to doing a post, it was your update in my inbox that reminded me. Guess that is what happens when I have a few weeks off from joining in. Have a lovely weekend. It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, another reason for me to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Smitten with the crocheted pumpkins. Hope you get some much needed relief from the man situation. Going thru things is the worst, especially someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Everything looks so lovely! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What lovely autumnal decorations! Hope things sort out soon for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your home is looking so warm and cosy in all it's Autumnal finery, love all the different types of pumpkins. Hope things get better for you soon.
    Take care and thanks for joining me for Mosaic Monday today.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dear Amy, your orange autumn decorations are beautiful. It is a joy to stay inside the darkening evenings in such a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the colors of Fall! And I love those coffee mugs. Would love to find one with a fox! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your autumn decor is lovely, Amy. I know what you mean about other things filling your mind. Just relax into it and know that you'll be back crocheting and decorating and blogging when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx