Friday, 2 September 2016

Five On Friday

The post below was written and photographed before recent life events took hold for us.  I will be continuing with Five On Friday posts no matter what.  If I can I will do a post, but I will always put the link up even if I am not taking part myself.  I will also do my best to visit and comment on all of your posts, but if you don't see me at your blog one week please know that I have read your post and just bear with me.

Thank you for your support everyone, you really are so very kind and we do appreciate your good thoughts, kind words and prayers so very much.  You have uplifted us so much with all of that.

Yesterday we had a meeting with the hospital and I did a little update post that you can go back and read if you are so inclined.

Despite all that is happening I am trying to be "normal" but just can't right now so the Five On Friday is me trying to be as normal as I can!  I don't know what I am going to do with other posts right now, we will see.  I have things from August to share, just not the will to!  As with all things, this too will pass, things will fall into place and we just have to wait for that to happen!

Thank you again so much for your support and kindness.

On with the post!

******************** 

Welcome back to Five On Friday!!!  It is so lovely to see you.  I have really missed Fridays the first week seemed very odd indeed and I missed you on the other 3 Fridays of August too.  That is a good thing I think.

Thank you so much for coming back!!!

I will jump straight in with my post and then I have some information about Five On Friday going forward to share with you - nothing bad I promise!

Today is a simple ode to the sunflower in five photos.






With a cheeky sixth from behind for my friend Wendy!


This is the first year that we - Hubby really, I didn't have anything to do with them other than buying the seeds and taking their photos - have managed to grow any sunflowers in the garden.  Usually they get eaten by the slugs and beasties, but these have been beautiful!

********************

Now, on to the other Five On Friday news.  I have made a new Five On Friday badge.  Instructions for inserting/using the badge are below, scroll down to the end of the post to see the badge/get the code if you already know how to use it.

You can use the badge or not as you wish, providing that you link back to my blog in some way.  Please remember that all posts must link back to my blog and must include five things.  Also I do ask that the link you add is to your Five On Friday post specifically, not just your blog in general.

I am also changing the way that I am visiting/commenting on your posts.  To enable me to spend more time visiting each of you I will be spreading out my visits over a couple of days rather than trying to visit you all on Friday.  I know you will understand and I do thank you for that!

********************

Thank you for visiting and joining in Five On Friday!  It is great to see you here.  Please do go and visit and comment on some other posts so that others know you have visited.  Don't forget that if it is easier you can spread your visits over a couple of days like me.

I hope you have had a great August, that September will bring you wonderful things and that you have a great weekend!

Happy Friday!

Amy

********************

There are various ways that you can link back to my blog.  You could say something like "I am joining with Love Made My Home for Five On Friday, find the link here" and where you have written "here" you can add a hyperlink.  You could also use the old Five On Friday badge in your post, or point out that it is in your sidebar by saying something such as "you can find the link to other Five On Friday posts by clicking the badge in my sidebar".

Or, you could use the new Five On Friday badge in your post - or add it to your sidebar as I mentioned above.

To use the badge you need to copy all of the code that is in the box below the badge.  Then either add a gadget in your sidebar by going to Layout, Add a Gadget, HTML/Java Script and pasting all of the code into the box that comes up.  Save it, save arrangement and the voila the button will be in your sidebar.

To add it to your post again copy all of the code in the box below.  Then go into your post, switch from Compose to HTML and then paste the code into the place where you want it to be within the post - you might need to scroll down.  To do this I generally press return a few times where I want it to be and then you will see a gap of page breaks where you can paste the code in.  Then return to Compose and you will see that the badge has appeared.  When readers click on it they will then come back to my post.

This is for a Blogger blog, but I imagine the process will be similar for other blogs too.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

********************


33 comments:

  1. Lovely sunflowers Amy! Glad Five on Friday is back. Wishing you a great sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflowers are in my top 3 all time favourites. They just never fail to make me smile. One year our local farmer had a field of them just as they do in Italy. I walked past every day. Glad 5 is back each week. Missed it too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a yellow color splash! And a luck, that they all could grow (I well know the problem with hungry snails, sigh!)
    I've just read the other posts, my best wishes and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. Sunflowers are one of my favourites - sadly, the slugs saw to all but one of mine this year. Take care, Amy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, my sunflowers are not in flower yet. And I've no idea what they will look like because they are grown from what the birds have spelled out of my feeders! I'm planning on leaving them to go to seed if I can for the birds! The flower buds are just getting ripe now X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunflowers are lovely and cheery Amy. It's good to be back with Five on Friday. We have missed you :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sunflower pictures are gorgeous ! Sunflowers are my favorite flowers, they just cheer me up !

    It must be a very difficult life for you at the moment, but maybe the fact that "Man" goes into another hospital for rehabilitation is a good sign. Anyway I admire you for all you do for a man who is not even your father. I don't know many or not even a single one who would do that. Some struggle already with their own parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy! I just took photos of sunflowers today that are just a few blocks away, and we have a few sunflowers growing here at home, too! Your sunflowers are truly lovely, and I thank you for sharing your photos with us, particularly during a time which is especially stressful for you and yours. I hope that hosting this link is something that brings you joy amidst your stress. You and yours continue in my thoughts and prayers with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely sunny sunflowers, just what we need. Thanks for FoF, so glad you're back again. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful to be back and good to see/read you after the break. Lovely sunflowers. My garden has been devastated by slugs this year so I'm glad someone had a respite from them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sunflowers, so cheering. Thank you for continuing with Five on Friday, it is good to be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunflowers are gorgeous, such a cheery sight. Great to be back with Five On Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sunflowers, they're one of my favourite flowers for a vase in the house, so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back! beautiful sunflowers, they are one of my favorites! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sunflowers, they are so bright and cheerful and just make you want to smile! Good to be back with F on F, thank you Amy for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful sunflowers! I forgot Five on Friday was starting again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Ode to the Sunflower! Thank you for hosting and take care.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sunflowers - they are gorgeous. Tradition has it that sunflowers are planted for health - which is a good thing for Man - hoping that they give him their strength and endurance for his next phase.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love sunflowers, they just look so happy and cheerful. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi sweet Amy! It was truly a joy to visit you this morning as it's been too long since I've said "Hello!" You sunflowers are simply beautiful and are sure to put a smile one anyone's face.

    Thinking of you, dear one....Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's great to be back, Amy. Thank you for hosting the link up. Your sunflowers are really gorgeous - so sunny and bright. We're in the darkness of rain here for a few days and your photos have brightened my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear about Man. I know how exhausting hospitals can be. My dad has been in and out of them for the last few months with his cancer. Hang in there.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ode to sunflowers and to summer. Yours look so nice and happy. Mine was a mess. I do hope things even out for you with taking care of Man's needs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your sunflowers are beautiful! I am so sorry to hear you are having a family difficulty, a medical trial. God be with you at this difficult time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Amy, I am just back in blogland and have been reading your past posts. I am so sorry that you are having such hard times with Man, it's such a hard and difficult time and my prayers and thoughts are with you, hubby and Man. Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Amy - your sunflowers were stunners this year!! Just gorgeous my Friend. ;)
    Continuing prayers, well wishes and good thoughts for all that's going on for you right now. Just keep taking it all one day at a time Sweetie.
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bravo on your successful sunflower growing.. they are gorgeous! Sorry to hear of your FIL's illness. We went through that with all four of our parents and it's not easy at all and I feel for you and your family. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha ha HA!! Love that last cheeky behind ;) You really made me laugh Amy! These sunflowers are just gorgeous and look at all those seeds! I had one sunflower in my garden (my birds planted it), and it was HUGE! And in one day the cheeky chipmunk ate all the seeds ... and they weren't even fully developed. I was so looking forward to taking a beautiful photo of the seeds in their perfect rows, but they chipmunk had other plans. Last year he chewed the entire flower head off the stem before the seeds had developed! I'm having a private war against chipmunks, but I'm afraid I'm fighting a losing battle. Thank goodness they hibernate.
    Glad to see the Five on Friday back up, even though I know your heart isn't really in it right now. I'm glad to see everyone back to boost you along as well. Gotta love that. Hugs to you Amy, keep strong.
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful sunflowers! They are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy to see everyone back. I love catching up on all the "doings" from around the world. We're we born at a perfect time. How sad if I'd been born a hundred years sooner and missed all this fun.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Amy,

    Love your pretty sunflowers and they are always such a bright flower and make me happy seeing them.
    thinking of you and thoughts are with your family
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such cheerful flowers aren't they? Have been thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Woo hoo - you're back and with a new badge too! Sorry I missed it last Friday - I'm using the S word a lot in my life at the mo myself too! Just slightly out of control :) :)
    Anyway I just wanted to stop by to say Hi and send hugs !
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx