Friday, 1 July 2016

Five On Friday

Hello!  Happy Friday!  I hope that you have had a good week and that you have plans for a great weekend ahead of you.  Can you believe that it is the first of July already!  How did that happen.

A special occasion will be happening for my blog in a couple of days time, so you might want to stop by on Monday when I will tell you more about it.

Our lovely home has been very busy this week.  Hubby is still working on the decorating project.  It is very nearly done now, just the last bits of woodwork to be painted and some tidying up to be done then it might need a few decorative touches and it will be finished.  Yay!

He has worked very hard on all that he has done and it has made a massive difference to the area.  I will of course show you when it is finished! 

I have been busy sewing this week as you will have already seen, I have nearly finished another shawl and sorted out a big pile of magazines that were waiting to be read.  I found copies going back to February that I hadn't read yet, and as August's Country Living had just arrived I thought I better get them read.

Life seems to be busier than ever right now.  Last weekend went by in a blur and this week has been rather like that too.  It is all good, just whizzing by too fast.  I need some time to slow down!

We had an upset with Man last Friday, all is OK,  but it was another reminder of his continuing decline in health which is so sad.  There isn't anything we can do and he seems happy in himself as far as we can tell, but worrying times nonetheless.

In a bid to try and get some more time by getting things finished that are already underway, I have decided to rationalise my ongoing crafting and am going to attempt - note I did say attempt! - to restrict myself to working on one project at a time.  We will see how that goes.

Otherwise life continues much as it always does!

So, on with the Five things for this week!

One

The garden looks amazing right now.  No words - because they will not do it justice - just enjoy the pictures!  Oh, except one little bit of words as you will see!




Yucca flower coming - above.












These seedlings that are just starting to emerge are foxgloves.  I think that we will have enough for next year!



Two

Jo of Three Stories High had a giveaway of a clock kit on her blog and I was lucky enough to win a kit.  Thank you Jo!  I haven't made it up yet as I need to decide how I am going to cover the face of the clock - lots of ideas in my head! - and then take some time to carefully put it together.  More to come on this!


Three


Yesterday I took some time to transfer my projects from various baskets and other places into some of the first trial bags that I kept for myself.  My baskets now have other things stored in them which has also got some other things more organised!  All good all round.

Some baskets are still in use for larger projects but that is OK.  The bags are not blanket sized after all.

I really enjoyed making these and hope to do some more for my Etsy shop in the near future.  You can read more about them here.


Four


My shawl collection is growing on the back of my office door!  I need to find somewhere else to store them really.  They are handy here though for grabbing to wear!


My newest shawl is the Jo Shawl which I finished and shared with you yesterday.  I couldn't resist a few more pictures.  Sorry!


Five


A gift arrived this week from my friend Susan.  Thank you Susan.  A roll for my crochet hooks - some of which have moved in all ready as you can see!  I adore the fabric which is crochet hexies.  How fabulous is that!!

Friends are so kind and such a treasure and this gift will be treasured too.


That is it for this week from me!

Thank you for your support, especially this week with your bag and pattern purchases, I really do appreciate it more than I can say.  To know that you like things and are prepared to buy them is a wonderful thing. 

Thank you!

I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy visiting some other Five On Friday posts!

Amy

********************

52 comments:

  1. Your garden looks amazing. Mine is full of slugs and snails and everything has lacy holes in it! And your craft works are wonderful as usual. I like the Jo shawl a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful five Amy, I just cannot get enough of the Jo shawl so keep the photos coming, I just LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes, Amy. Your project bags are a great idea for corralling things together. Your garden is looking so pretty. I like your pathway.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are busy, Amy! I loved seeing your garden. Our Yucca plants are in bloom here near Portland, Oregon. I had some photos lined up to share with you, but was not pleased with the light in them, so ended up not putting them in my post. The bags you made are lovely, the clock should be fun to make, and the crochet hook holder is pretty. I am glad you are available to help Man, and I pray he will being willing to receive the help he needs. Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the first time I participate in your theme ! So it's nice to meet you ! You are so lucky that you can work in your garden, here in Belgium it rains all the time, the weeds and grass are growing and it's to wet to work outside ! Your pictures are beautiful and your craftwork too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is looking fabulous! Lots of excellent crafting, but I bet you don't keep to your plan to work on one project at a time, I think that's impossible for folk like us!!
    Have a great weekend, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is looking lovely Amy. I was saying the other night that ours is at its best too but we cannot get out there to enjoy it - too wet and now it is too cold too! Someone needs to explain to the weather that it is July ha! Lovely bags and shawl and congratulations on your win, I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly took us on a beautiful stroll around the garden, it is looking lovely. Congratulations on winning the clock, I have been looking at them it would make a lovely addition to my craft room. The shawls are beautiful, looking forward to seeing them all together. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had a very industrious week Amy. I'm loving the bags and the shawls. You must be loving your garden at the moment. Hopefully it will be sunny enough to enjoy this weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see all your lovely things. The clock looks intriguing, what could be inside the box? Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Amy
    Lots of celebrations here to enjoy. One project at a time?! I couldn't do that as I have lots of things on the go at any one time, but good luck! Have a lovely weekend.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The garden does look good, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is looking great & I so enjoyed the tour, as we are in the depths of winter here. Thanks for the mention & hope you enjoy for a long time to come. Think I'll be buying that Jo shawl pattern to make. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So enjoyed strolling down your path enjoying seeing your garden looking so lush and blooming. The Jo shawl and bags are lovely I think I'll go and take a look in your store..........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden IS beautiful! So much to see in it. A friend of mine also made me a roll just like yours for my crochet hooks. The fabric on yours looks like the real thing (crocheted). Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a busy and productive week you have had Amy. Your garden looks beautiful and so full of colour. The shawls all look wonderful together and it must be difficult to choose which one to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your garden, the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your craft works are all wonderful as always. Your newest Jo shawl is especially lovely. Love the color and the waved edge.You have many pretty flowers in your garden. Mine is messy. I wait for a gardener will come to trim tomorrow. Thank you for your host,Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!
    Your garden!
    It is amazing!
    Enjoy your magazines, perhaps with a cup of tea.
    And have a cozy weekend, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bags are really nice. Love the garden pictures. Can't wait to read or "see" what Monday brings. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm taking in your beautiful plants and gardens, and finding ideas for my own. My homestead is functional but it lacks beauty...but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your garden looks wonderful, such a lovely place to relax. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and allow this to happen(when you have time!). The bags look wonderful, so bright and colourful and useful. I've got a lot of reading to catch up on - blogwise and magazines! I've got to go back and check out that bag post.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky you - always lovely to have beautiful well thought out gift arrive through the post! Your garden looks amazing, having just returned from the UK, I feel very connected with all the UK blogs as I can even smell the roses in my mind!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your shawls look gorgeous all together!
    Does your hubby do the weeding? I love your garden, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your garden is looking great, Amy. I do love the Lychnis coronaria, it's so vibrant – I must get some... Really like your drawstring bags, too. You've been busy! Have a great weekend. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Amy! Your garden has been very productive and it looks so full and lush and healthy. And...you have been quite productive yourself. So many pretty creations! Way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your garden is indeed amazing! You stay so busy I don't know how you keep up with all your projects. Looking forward to your news on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful flowers! That's what proper rainfall will do, no doubt, as well as plenty of TLC!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's all looking lovely, Amy. Sorry I haven't visited for awhile - I hope I'll get better organised in future! What is the plant with the pink flowers in photos 10 & 11? We acquired one and haven't a clue what is - it almost got chucked away, but it's now flowered and looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so enjoyed my visit to your garden. The lavender made me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So much fun Amy!! I LOVE the photos of your garden! It's looking amazing right now!!! And I love all of your projects. Beautiful shawls, adorable storage and so excited for your bags!! I can't wait to get mine. They are just awesome!!

    What fun for you too - winning prizes and getting such sweet gifts. Hopefully all of that good helps balance the bad and hard times dealing with "man". Hang in there with that kiddo. xoxo

    Blessings on your weekend dear Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your garden really is looking gorgeous at the moment. All of your hard work has paid off beautifully. Love the shawl collection. Maybe you need a mannequin to drape a couple over as well. I hope you have a lovely weekend Amy. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Amy!

    I am so sorry about your upset with the man. I do understand as we are dealing with the declining health of some of our loved ones too. All we can do is be there for them and keep an eye on them to make sure they are safe.

    Oh your garden is so lovely! All those beautiful flowers blooming...shear heaven! Congratulations on you win of the clock...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Have a great weekend Amy - hopefully the weather will be good enough at some point to enjoy your garden without the rain :/ And I'm intrigued about Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your garden is looking very lovely, Amy! I love the rose campion with the lavender :) Your shawls are lovely hanging on your door and your sweet bags keep everything tidy! The summer is going by fast. Congrats on winning the clock! Sending prayers for Man. Hugs and have a great weekend! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the bags you've kept for you! Happy Weekend. I love the clock win too

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Amy, I liked the tour around your garden showcasing colourful flowers and textures. Your lavender is doing well and it's always exciting when a yucca blooms.
    The crochet hook case gifted to you is very nice and a good way to organize them. Your friends must be envious of all the beautiful shawls you wear when going out!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The garden is looking lovely and I love your basket bags. A good supply of shawls there! Sorry to hear man isn't too good xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your garden is looking wonderful, my Mum has a Yucca in her garden but I have never seen it bloom. You have been so busy this week, I love the project bags and your shawls. I will hopefully get around to purchasing some of your patterns and some more stitch markers this weekend, life has been crazy just lately and I am so far behind with everything. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. We seem to have the same flowers. We have a Yukka, don't what they are called but we have the pictures 8 & 9 but you have bright pink flowers we have white. The yellow shrub always full of bees and lots of Lavender

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. ××Sighxx love everything about your post this week :) Your garden is especially beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love everthing about your post this week :) Your garden is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your garden does look just lovely. I love all your projects....things to keep in mind when Christmas time approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your garden is simply stunning! I felt like I was strolling through it with all your lovely photos. Makes me want to fix the area by our front porch where I usually have a small over-run with weeds flower garden. I haven't bothered with it this year but seeing your garden certainly inspires me to perhaps do a little something now.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your garden is just beautiful, Amy! And so are the sweet bags you made - I love your choice of fabrics.
    Great collection of shawls - love the newest addition. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  46. As always wonderful things to post about Amy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  47. You have a gorgeous garden Amy. That crochet hexi fabric is FABULOUS!! Xx I'll be here Monday to find out the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a glorious garden! I so hope I can have one even half as lovely after we move to Oregon in a couple of months! The lavender is my favorite! Love your shawls as well! Hope you have an awesome week...I will join in next week with the meme. Sorry I've been kind've absent lately.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love those test bags for projects so bright, cheerful and colourful. Wishing your business goes from strength to strength ad thanks for hosting Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Five fabulous things! I love your garden! It's so pretty and looks like a wonderful place to wander around and relax. Those project bags are adorable! I love your shawls! I have quite a collection of crochet shawls. So much so that I had to get some plastic storage bins to store them in my closet. They're just so much fun to make and wear! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a lovely dose of cheery beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your garden is beautiful, the lavender is abundant and I'm sure very welcome to lots of wildlife.
    Your new shawl is fabulous, now surprise there, all of them are!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx