Monday, 23 May 2016

Weekending

Good Morning!  It is sunny and bright here today with blue sky and quite a few clouds that are generally whiter than grey.

Which is a change from the weekend when it was mostly grey and rained more of the time than it was dry.  Not a weekend to be out and about in the garden.

So instead we stayed in and did a few things that we needed to finish up.

I worked on some pattern drafting which ended up taking most of Saturday.  It will be a job well done when it is finished, but it took a long time!

In the evening I finished up this shawl - which needs to be blocked and the ends sewn in.  I have shown it briefly in the podcast episode I recorded this morning.  When the pattern is written I will share more.

I was glad to get it done though as I had a couple of false starts with this one.


I also sewed in the ends on this basket and finished it up.  It is now for sale in my Etsy shop.  I also started another one!  The pattern is available here.


On Sunday I spent most of the day working on my Happy Scrappy Squares Blanket which I am loving.  I added 19 more blocks.  I have decided that this will be my Sunday project and I will only work on this on Sunday and it will be the only crochet that I work on on that day.  Unless I also do some on my hexi blanket!!


What was Hubby doing all weekend while I was working and crocheting.  Well, he wasn't sitting around twiddling his thumbs.  He was dealing with this lot.


He stripped all of the all tiles off the laundry room walls and has started to retile.  It looks really great so far and I am very pleased with the tiles that we chose.  I will show you more when it is done.


This is the last "big job" to get done in this house after we moved in over a decade ago.  We have been round the rest of the house and done all sorts from rewiring to new windows, wallpaper scraping and new kitchen and bathroom to name but a few.  This was the last area that needed attention and now it is done.

Of course it is now time to start going around again and getting things refreshed in other areas, but it will be so good to have this finished.  It looks so much better already not having the tiles that were here before.  I have to say I would rather that the previous owner had just left the brick than their tile choice, but they are gone now and that is what is important isn't it.

So that was our weekend.  Being homebodies, but getting lots done so that is all good.

I hope that you had a good weekend and that you will have a good week too!

I am joining with Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise to share what I did this weekend.  Do go and stop by and see what Karen got up to and the others who are sharing too.

Amy

28 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, what a busy weekend! Its so nice to feel you have achieved something. It will be great to have your home 'complete' too, once the laundry is done. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had planned for a quiet weekend and then we had unexpected guests, which was a real treat. You certainly sound like you both had a busy time of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend, sometimes it is really nice to just be homebodies and catch u with things. Have a good week too xcx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your weekend sounds great. I did a wee bit of planting and weeding, and lots of time in the pool with Little Buddy helping him learn to swim. There was also knitting.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of having a Sunday project and your scrappy blanket is looking great. Can't wait to see your new tiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very productive weekend for you both! Great work in the crochet dept. & looks like your hubs is working hard tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A weekend of crochet sounds wonderful, a weekend of tiling, not so wonderful, but it will look great once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. Turns out we're painting our laundry room today. Nothing fancy just white paint, it's one of the few rooms we've never painted since we moved in 13 years ago. And like you we need to start redoing some of the jobs we did when we first moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your squares blanket looks so cute. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on getting started on the decorating ... these jobs always take longer, are more involved and are more expensive that we think when we start on them, aren't they? We have just been doing up our bedroom, so that's speaking from experience!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always feels good to get all those jobs done that needed doing. Hope you crossed them off your list. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a productive weekend. We have a few home projects left to do at this old house. Looking forward to seeing the new tile. Have a good week. Now I'll pop over to Karen's and check out this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that tile job looks like it was a big job. I'm amazed at how much talent abides in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your industry inspires me, Amy! Your Scrappy Squares blanket is such a neat idea...another one for my want to make list. I finished crocheting the edging on a little blanket on Saturday and on Sunday started crocheting a little art bag with bargain ribbon yarn from my stash for my granddaughter's birthday. Wishing you a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your projects are just beautiful! Home decorating etc never seems to be done does it? :-) We are still settling in and figuring things out. Good luck! Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes it's great to have a stay at home weekend! I never get those any more - not whilst I'm doing 365 Days Wild - but that's one thing I'm looking forward to when 365 Days Wild and then the next 30 Days Wild finish at the end of the June!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a lovely weekend :) I love your latest crochet, and well done to hubby for his hard work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good weekend. Ours was wet too and like you we ended up crafting and finish painting a bedroom. Very satisfying! Look forward to seeing your utility room when it's finished..B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a wonderfully productive weekend. Glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best to make use of glum weather for indoor stuff and then you should have free days to enjoy the sun. The laundry should look great once done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks and sounds like quite the productive weekend! How wonderful that your husband knows how to do tiling. Sure saves you a lot of money not having to hire someone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you both had a productive and fun weekend! Can't wait to see the finished product. I hope you have pictures of the old tile as well, as I love before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to have a laundry room with finished walls, tiles like yours even! Ours is in the unfinished part of the basement and I doubt it will ever see any change. I do know what you mean about getting everything finished and then it's time to start all over again with freshening up paint etc.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so talented - I love seeing what you are working on. Good for your hubby too - can't wait to see what the tile looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of beautiful creativity going on there, Amy! Love all the crochet projects and what a sweet hubby you have! Can't wait to see it all done. A good feeling, I'm sure. xx K

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like you have had a happy and productive weekend with lots of jobs being done. It feels good to get all those jobs out of the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a very busy weekend for you both but how satisfying to tick all those jobs on your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  28. good golly what a diy project you have going on!! It's going to be gorgeous when it is done. We redid the one bathroom a few weeks ago and I love how it looks fresh and new now. I adore the orange of your shawl, what a pretty pop of color for spring/summer wearing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx