Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Podcast Episode 6 - Yarn Talk

Wow, another podcast recorded and uploaded.  It took over 14 hours to upload this yesterday.  Yes, 14 hours, over 14!!!!!

Yikes...

Anyway, it is uploaded now and ready to view and that is the most important thing isn't it!


In this weeks episode I talk quite a lot about different yarn weights and how to use them, what effect they give and also what the differences are between the names of the types of yarn in different countries.

I hope that you will keep enjoying watching the podcast and the things that I am sharing!  Just a reminder next week will be a day later than usual.

Also, I forgot to mention in the podcast - which is quite important!! - I am having a sale on all garlands in my Etsy shop.  They are now 50% off and the price shown is the reduced price, the original price is in the description.  Offer lasts until 31st May 2016 and after that date these items will no longer be available in my shop, so this is the last chance to get them!  You can find my shop here.


 

Thank you for watching and for your continued support, I really do appreciate it!

Amy

Shownotes

All the places you can find me are in the sidebar - top right - just click on the button and it will take you to the place you are looking for to follow me or subscribe and so on.

Thank you so much to those of you who have subscribed and left comments on the podcast, it is great to know that you are there and are watching.  To subscribe go here.

The Beth Shawl Pattern from my Little Women Collection is available to purchase here, see also information for Beth Shawl under Patterns and Tutorials in the sidebar.


The In Line Handle Basket that I showed is available to purchase here.  Additional colours will be coming soon.


Happy Scrappy Squares Blanket pattern here.

Ravelry Group here.

Magazine I mentioned is Crochet Now!  Issue 2 which is the current issue - I missed issue 1 sadly!

Crochet Step by Step by Sally Harding can be found here.

Chart I referred to for yarn weights conversions can be found here and my version is here and also in the sidebar under Patterns and Tutorials along with conversion charts for hook sizes and crochet terms.

If I have forgotten to link anything let me know and I will add it in!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't come across Crochet Now yet, I'll have to look out for it when I go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe link to the basket led me to my blog??? I'd like to see the price etc!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, thank you so much for letting me know. I have e-mailed you and the link is now fixed if anyone else wants to have a look. Thank you. Amy xx

      Delete
  3. Podcast 6 already, the time just flies. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Amy to do podcasts with your expertise and patterns. If I ever learn to crochet, which I'm trying, I may have to visit some of your tutorials. The gal trying to teach me is a knitter and gives lessons but crocheting she does just out of her head and can't read a pattern. We do a lot of laughing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,

    Was fun to watch your latest podcast and nice to see your latest makes!

    Well done!

    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, I don't know how you do it. You have so much going on. My favorite hook sizes are G and H so I pretty much use them for just about everything I do. What are you using to record yourself? I can't imagine stringing anything sensible together for 45 minutes. good job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx