Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Hello...

Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts and words about our loss of Benson.  I am still rather overwhelmed with it and am coping with it far less well than I ever would have expected.

I can't bear to look at his picture yet, but seeing his sister dog was OK was a help.  She isn't herself, but she wasn't as distraught as I feared she might be so that is good.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you and I felt the need, or want, to blog, but I don't really have anything to say.  I thought that if I sat at the computer and started to write something might come, but it isn't.  So I will go and get on with some work.  Thank goodness for work.  I have done quite a bit of working over the last few days to keep myself occupied. 

I just went to see if I could find a quote from one of the Rosamunde Pilcher books about being worried and polishing the silver, because at the end of the day, you are still worried, but the silver is clean.

I have been like that.  Still upset, but at least I have got some work done.  Couldn't find that quote/excerpt, but I did find this quote though.

“It was good, and nothing good is truly lost. It stays part of a person, becomes part of their character. So part of you goes everywhere with me. And part of me is yours, forever”
Rosamunde Pilcher, The Shell Seekers

It has bought the greatest lump to my throat and I am holding back the tears, but it says it all.

Sorry about this.  I just had to write it and share it.  I will try blogging again in a few days.  In the meantime, I will keep on working and I will see if I can find that excerpt from the book.

No podcast this week, I don't think I can face it and I don't think you would want to look at me either.  We will save each other from that.

Thank you all again so very very much.  I cannot say what your kindness means, only that it means so very much and touches my heart greatly.

See you all again soon.  I hope that all is well with you.

Amy xx

34 comments:

  1. And a thought.... was it in September by Rosamund Pilcher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say No, and then I realised you mean the quote about the silver, yes, probably it was in September. However, this quote was in The Shell Seekers, when Richard writes to Penelope after they have been away together. I just went and got my copy of the book and looked it up. I will search for the silver one another time.

      Delete
  2. It's a horrible feeling, isn't it. Even if your mind drifts for a minute or two, you're reminded again with a jolt. It's all part of the grieving process and will pass in time and then you'll be able to remember Benson with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying with you and praying for your heart to mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, my friend.
    Hugs for your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a hug and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote and so true, we carry those we love in our hearts always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. Nothing I say will help, but thinking about you, understanding how truly awful it can feel, and only time will help it to ease xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Amy I'm so sorry to hear about Benson, I haven't been around much lately either so have just seen the news today, I'm sending you hugs and lots of love. :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about Benson. What a loyal friend he must have been. It's nice to know he was loved so much. You must miss him so much. Hugs.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quote. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quotations. He was obviously a very much loved dog and I'm sure that he knew it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quote, thank you for sharing.
    I hope you're doing ok.
    Sending a big hug.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy I am sorry to read about Benson's death and I care about your loss. Thanks for introducing me to him and helping me appreciate the fine dog he was and the good memories you have of him.

    I am new to following your blog, but am enjoying getting to know you. This past week I viewed all your podcasts while I was crocheting an art bag as a gift. I was excited to note we are both fans of Little Women! I was born in Lawrence, Massachusetts 65 years ago, so am a lot older than you, and never have toured Alcott's home as you have.

    Currently I live near Portland, Oregon, and am headed off to two weeks camping on the east side of Mt. Hood, but when I come back I hope to participate in your Five on Friday post gatherings.

    While I am gone you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you miss Benson and sort through how best to help Man. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care of yourself Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, it's a lovely quote, and very true I think. It's good that you had him in your life, even if it wasn't for very long. I know that you have happy memories of him, I hope that they will sustain you. Hugs, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear of your loss...they wrap their furry paws right around your heart forever. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so hard, but I know you were blessed be having him. I really like that quote! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Amy...I'm so sorry to hear about your sad loss of Benson. As you know I lost my lovely boy. Bertie a few months ago and miss him terribly. Benson was such a handsome boy. Sending you lots a love and a huge hug...Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amy, I'm so sorry about Benson, I'm giving you a virtual hug and will be thinking about you. Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. Take care, love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. ( : i had to play catch up i was away camping, sorry to miss your sad time. i feel for you, your brother and the loss of a friend/pal. that is tough. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is so hard. I hope talking about it with all of us helped. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hugs from cold Canada! Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on and we'll look forward to your return, when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, Amy I am so sorry about the loss of a fur baby that was so special to you. Yes, it does help to keep busy and occupied, but totally understand why you don't feel like doing a podcast and other things. Be good to yourself! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  25. MOre hugs to you as you grieve. It is SOOOOOO hard. I used to have dreams of my Huck after he passed, I wish he'd come to visit me again. its been too long

    ReplyDelete
  26. So very sorry to hear of your loss. I don't even want to think about going through that again, but it's inevitable. These pets of ours sure take up a big piece of our heart.
    Hugs to you Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good for you Amy getting a post up this week.
    Your scrappy blanket is lovely and I can see it becoming an heirloom down the track.
    Great colour in your garden, I imagine over there June is officially summer.
    Thanks for hosting
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry to learn of your loss. Be patient and kind to yourself, knowing that there are many people thinking of you and caring about you. Sincere condolences, Jodie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx