Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Treasures

One of my goals for this year was to sort out my photos on the computer.  So far, not so good!  However, I am finally trying to share some more of the photos that I took at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston in 2014 and today I have some more treasures for you to look at.


There were so many incredible paintings and sculptures.  The sculpture is called Liberty and I think the painting is of George Washington - but I am prepared to stand corrected if I am wrong, please let me know!


In my last post about the MFA I confused some of you because of the cropping of my photos.  You might think that the painting is quite small or that the statue is very large because I have cropped the pictures closely.  If you look below though you will see that isn't the case.


That painting goes from floor to ceiling in a massive room!!!  The statue is quite small really.  It was incredible to see such a massive and beautiful painting that was so large.

There are many room "sets" at the museum and this is one of them.  I adore this door.  If ever I build a house - of the right style! - I would love a door like this.  The hearts are particularly charming I think.  I have never seen sidelights like these before with a heart motif in them.



This room was very lavish with detailed wallpaper, lots of patterns and intricate details.  What I really liked most of all though was the wine cooler.  For two large bottles at a time!  That would make for a good party wouldn't it!


I hope you enjoyed seeing some more of these treasures today!

Amy

21 comments:

  1. There's definitely some treasures there. Yes, it can be confusing as to scale when photos are cropped, that statue looks huge in your first photo, so you see, the camera does lie, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely items to share. I agree that wine cooler looks very sociable! B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful treasures and art work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like George to me and you're right, it did look small. Had no idea it was so big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was impressed with the door, loved the heart motif.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! April is almost gone and not one of my resolutions and/or goals has been touched as yet. I blame the internet.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your photos today, Amy. You can always put up antiques' pix as far as I'm concerned!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love many of the paintings of our first President. You have a lovely collection and I envy your travels and your souvenirs. Thanks for the kind comment you left on my post of our little 'bee'. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paintings are huge and must be so much more amazing to see first hand!
    The door and heart side lights is very unique
    Lovely to see these things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is amazing to me is that the portraits are enormous!
    Thank you for sharing your photographs with all of us.
    I have lots of organizing to do on my computer too-
    ugh!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog-

    Laura WSP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Amy and what caught my eye especially were the door and the wallpaper. I immediately saw quilt patterns and really can see something hatching in my head for the diamonds. Thanks for sharing and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been to Boston, but never to the Museum of Fine Arts. I enjoyed the tour. I'm pretty sure that's a George Washington painting, especially since it's next to the other George Washington painting. Places like that are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a pretty door Amy! What a nice place to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing the artwork. It looks like George Washington to me but I could be wrong. I love that door too, it's beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos, I need to sort out mine but there are so many.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is our beloved George Washington, lovely photos .
    Hugs,,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy, I hope you come up with a good system for your photos on the computer. I thought I had a plan but could be making more work for myself and wonder sometimes if I keep way too many photos.
    Such oppulence surrounding the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for wonderful sharing ,i am made about paintings,this dore also looks like piece of fine art

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos and a very interesting post Amy.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your photos of all those amazing treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a fabulous piece of silver is that wine cooler. I'd actually love to fill it with flowers... The heroic paintings do look like George Washington, don't they. I'd say you are almost certainly right about that. Very historical paintings indeed. As for the heart door, I'd have that in a heartbeat too <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx