Thursday, 7 January 2016

12 Days of Christmas

The lovely Jo at Through The Keyhole hosted a 12 days of Christmas swap and I decided to join in.  I was partnered with the equally lovely Debbie from Fairy Bluebell's Craft Adventure.

The idea was to select and wrap 12 things and send them off, then we would unwrap one gift a day starting on Christmas Day going through to January the 6th.  Debbie and I swapped our parcels and then of course I had the difficulty of waiting to open them!  It was hard work not to just open them all on Christmas Day, but I did wait!

Here is what I received from the Debbie.  I did plan to take a photo of everything together, but after I opened the last parcel yesterday and photographed them all, I tore into the chocolate and some of the gingerbread men may have had their heads bitten off.  Then their bodies were eaten as well...  So as I forgot to take a group photo and some of the items are now, ahem, in disrepair, I thought I would just share the individual pictures. 

Debbie also very kindly sent me a little extra of a beautiful carved wooden Christmas tree decoration of a nativity scene.  I forgot to photograph that too and it is packed away with the other decorations, but it is beautiful, and I do thank you Debbie and I will treasure it and use it each year!


A lovely crossword puzzle book, and a great pen.  Great because it is sparkly and therefore no boys will try and steal borrow it!


Some lovely scented toiletries.  I am going to try and be good at hand cream this year - I am looking a bit wrinkly! - so that will especially useful.


Delicious chocolate and delicious gingerbread men.  These are no longer in existence.  Hence the no group photo...  I will say no more.  You can imagine...


A lovely scented candle which will make a lovely change from the Christmas scents.


Handwarmers for keeping me warm at work when it is often freezing cold!  How did you know!


This little stocking looks in the picture as though it is cross stitch.  Quite intricate, but cross stitch.  It isn't!  Oh no.  It is beaded!!  It is beautiful and I will make it up and enjoy it I am sure, but I am a little bit terrified!  The beads are tiny!  Actually, being honest I am a lot terrified!!!


A pretty passport holder and matching pencils.  Again these are lovely because now I can tell which is my passport and again, boys don't need patterned pencils do they!


This is the most beautiful thing of all.  A beautifully cross stitched bookmark.  The picture does it no justice at all I am afraid.  I am sure that this was made by Debbie herself, and it is stunning.  Another good thing is that it came in a plastic holder to protect it - which I have slipped it back into! - I had to take it out to show you though.  I will adore using this!


A lovely notebook and another great girl friendly pen!  Debbie, how did you know that pens go amiss in this house so easily and that I am not the one who makes off with them!  Thank you!!!


A trio of delights!  A great fold up shopping bag - because we all need lots of those now don't we with the 5p charge! - a very cute diary and a little holder and pen for your shopping list.  Or in my case girl lists!


A lovely bundle of fabrics and laces and embroidery flosses.  I have no idea what to make with these and yet lots of ideas at the same time.  At the moment they are waiting quietly for me, but I will surely make them into something nice because they are so pretty.


Finally, but not least of all, is a very prettily decorated and very useful giant peg!  Yes, it really is enormous.  Far too big for the washing line, but just perfect for holding notes on your desk, keeping lists in order or several other things.  Or just for sitting on the windowsill in your office looking pretty which is what it is doing right now!

That is everything!  As you can see, a lovely collection of gifts that I really was delighted to receive and open and which will bring great joy.  I am very lucky and honoured indeed.

Thank you for everything Debbie, it is all so lovely, and it was so kind of you to send everything.  I will enjoy using it all and will think of you as I do.  The sewing items are especially lovely and I am really looking forward to using those!  Thank you!!!  I hope that you liked what I sent you! 

Thank you too Jo for hosting and sorting us all out and matching us together.  I do appreciate it and I am sure that everyone else does too.

Amy

40 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of gifts you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received some lovely gifts Amy, it was a lovely swap to take part in wasn't it x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing Jo began. I've read a few 12 days of Christmas posts s d it seems to have been really successful. Your gorgeous hoodies, oh my! Lucky you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amy
    What a lovely selection of gifts. It was such a lovely idea for a swap and I really enjoyed taking part too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, Wasn't it fun to take part. I was really spoilt - post hopefully going up tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super idea. You had some lovely and thoughtful gifts for your 12 days of Christmas swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful selection of gifts Debbie sent you - thinking of 12 different things must have taken much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Amy what beautiful gifts. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Debbie obviously put a lot of thought into that little treasure trove. How lovely to have something to like that to look forward to opening each day. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're very welcome, Amy, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed taking part. Debbie sent such wonderful gifts, you've been spoilt just as I have. The bookmark is especially gorgeous and I can't wait to see the bead kit when you attempt it. I can tell that Debbie has put a lot of thought in to your gifts as they're very you. I think the most lovely thing about the swap is all the friends we've each made, I've found some wonderful new blogs to read and met some lovely people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like Debbie hit several nails on the head with her gifts to you, Amy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my did you receive such lovely goodness! I kindness of others never stops amazing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing selection of gifts you've shown us.
    Thank you

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely selection of gifts, how thoughtful of Debbie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely gifts from Debbie and I'm sure that was true for everyone who got involved in Jo's gift swap with friendships made and deepened through participating in a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy! If I haven't said it already, Happy New Year! Oh, look at you and these wonderful gifts! Debbie seems to know you pretty well with picking these special things out for you! What a treat. Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you're having a great week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely gifts, I really enjoyed the swap, it was a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the santa crossword book. so cute. love gingerbread cookies. looks like fun. i think i have heard of similar 12 days from other folks too. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a treasure trove of goodies. The bookmark is lovely, that would have taken me all year to stitch! Who doesn't love new pens ans stationery and you've got a lovely new stash of items there.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful array of thoughtful gifts. Love the bookmark, always such a joy to have something made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gifts Amy...I loved mine and really enjoyed being your swap partner. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful gifts, you obviously had a really thoughtful partner to exchange with.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely way to extend Christmas. Your gifts are beautifully chosen and you'll enjoy using them throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely package to receive, so many wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Amy - I have been trying to pick a favourite from your present collection. Unfortunately I can't as the gifts are all equally lovely. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, amazing gifts, so generous. You are a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know about 12 days of Christmas, more like 12 years! What lovely presents. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw! How nice and YOU are so nice to add such friendly commentary to your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful gifts all! Sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely gifts and yes, very much you. I've also had a lovely time opening mine and made a good friend as well. We'll definitely be keeping in touch. Sorry I've not commented recently, but had a weird internet problem but sorted now. I'll send an email over the weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what lovely gifts, I'm very jealous that you get to keep all the lovely pens and pencils to yourself, in this house of daughters and sons nothing is sacred in my swap parcels!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fabulous selection of thoughtful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun thing to do and what nice gifts you received! I know the stocking will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun thing to do and such lovely gifts as well ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  35. How precious! I think I'll do something like that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such delightful little goodies - so very generous and thoughtful! I love the idea of having pretty pens that the boys won't steal - perfect! Looks like you will have lots of creative adventures ahead with these pretty gifts! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! So many lovely gifts!! Enjoy :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my such lovely gifts.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx