Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Ta Dah! Seaglass Shawl

After making my Seaglass Shawl earlier in the year, it was seen by someone near and dear to me and they requested one of their own.  I made out that it takes a long time to make and that I might not be able to finish one in time for Christmas, but said that I could see what I could do.  They don't take that long to make, but equally, they aren't that quick either.  Or perhaps I just work slowly!

I have finished it though, in a little longer time than I planned, but still in time for Christmas.  Ta Dah!  Seaglass number two!


This is slightly smaller than the one that I made for myself.  It is made to the correct pattern size.  There are supposed to be little beads around the edge, but I had terrible trouble matching the yarn colour and beads.  I have literally searched around the world and found none!  The recipient will be a little disappointed, but better a shawl with no beads than no shawl I hope.


The pattern really blocks out so beautifully.  I was much more relaxed with the blocking this time.  I just wet the shawl, wrung it out and started spreading and pinning.  No messing around, crawling on the floor for hours.  I just pinned and was done!  Amazing what a second time around can do for you isn't it.



I only hope that the recipient likes the colour.  I like it, and hope they will too.  It is more the colour of the photo below than the other pictures which have come out a bit "rich" in the tone of the colour.
 

I thought that I would show you how I have packaged this.  I used a small organza bag that came from Wool Warehouse with a yarn order in it.  I cut the ribbon ties, tied the end of one of them to some pretty ribbon and pulled my ribbon through the channel that had already been sewn in the bag.  My ribbon is quite sturdy so I only used one piece.



Then I tied a gift tag to the ribbon.  I taped the washing instructions from the yarn band on to the tag and wrote a few other words as you can see.  It is smaller in real life, so doesn't look so shabby as it does in this picture!


Voila!  One finished shawl and a nicely packaged gift and a bag reused for something else!  What could be better than that.


I hope that it will be enjoyed.  I certainly enjoyed making it and know already that I will be making another next year for someone else!

Sorry for the two posts in one day.  I am running out of time to get these things shared before Christmas.  This is my last Ta Dah! for this year on the crafting front, but I have the house Christmas decorations to share and my final monthly mantel post, Christmas cake...  Well, you get the idea!

Amy

38 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful, I love the colour and I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Even without beads. I'm sure they'll be happy to receive this! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea Glass turned out beautifully. I doubt the recipient will miss the beads. If she does, she can always sew some on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous and one lucky recipient. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extremely professional looking! What great work you do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely shawl the recipient will be thrilled to bits. Have you looked in John Lewis they have a large bead section?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly they didn't have anything that was the right size and colour match. It wasn't meant to be! xx

      Delete
  7. Stunning and such a beautiful colour. Made with love it will surely be treasured. I loved the packaging too, great recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shawl is beautiful, Amy. Well done you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, that is stunning! such intricate detail, you have much more patience than me :) xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's absolutely lovely Amy, I really like this pattern so much. Lucky recipient! And well done you on getting it done in plenty of time for Christmas. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somebody is very, very lu my, it's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful Amy you should be proud...another item ticked off your list :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing Amy I love the colour too, the recipient is going to love it, I wouldn't worry about the beads it's stunning without them. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Amy and the packaging, I'm sure the lucky person it's meant for will be thrilled xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work Amy and the colour is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done! Someone is going to be a lucky girl to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a gorgeous piece. Lucky friend you have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Amy, it's really a beautiful shawl you have created. And the packaging makes it extra special for sure. I'm sure it will be a much cherished gift. Looking forward to your next post. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful Amy, such a lovely colour! You have outdone yourself in getting this made up before Christmas, and I'm sure the recipient will love it. Great packaging too. I've used organza bags for handmade gifts in the past as well, and they really look nice done up that way.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely shawl Amy and the recipient will be thrilled I'm sure. A big thank you from me for the sweet Christmas card which arrived today. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy it is truly stunning. I'm in awe. I keep looking at this one and your first one wondering if I'm brave enough to try. I just love it and you've executed it so well. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done Amy....you are such a whiz now with your hook...
    I am almost finished all of my projects...wrapped a few yesterday....
    Hope you are keeping well...

    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, it's so beautiful!! Someone is going to be thrilled! I love your up cycled gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure it will be enjoyed. It is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Amy, the shawl is so lovely and elegant and beautifully wrapped. And a lovely color as well. Did I say lovely?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, Amy you have a great talent for making such wonderful things and I love the way you have wrapped it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful. It will be appreciated I know.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is absolutely beautiful Amy, your friend is very lucky too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wish I was on your Xmas List! That's a cracker of a shawl. Well done you. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness, Amy...that shawl is incredibly beautiful! You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Amy,
    Oh my goodness, I'd squeal with joy if someone gave me a gift as beautiful as this! I'm sure your friend will be absolutely thrilled. The colour is lovely, and would work with lots of other colours. Oh and I love the packaging too! You clever thing, you.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful finish - I am sure the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How frustrating to be without the beads you were wanting. Have you considered just clear beads? Often the clear ones will reflect the colour of the garment and 'pickup' that colour; i.e. the beads will appear from a distance or first glance to be the same colour as the garment and it is only on closer inspection that one realises they are actually colourless.
    I had a bad experience with beads where I thought the colour was impregnated in the glass and after laundering, they went clear because the colour had only been painted on! No advice on the packaging to that effect. Very disappointing.
    Your recipient will love your shawl - it looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Amy - this is so gorgeous! You did another beautiful job! I'm so impressed with your skills Lady!!! Just lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Who needs beads when there is a shawl that beautiful. You are so nice to put that much time and energy into that gift.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx