Monday, 21 December 2015

Sharing our card swaps

As promised, today is the day to write your post to share your card swaps!  You can add your link at the bottom of the post and then we can all have fun popping here and there to see who sent who what.  There is no obligation to join in, but I will leave the link "live" for the next 10 days, so there is plenty of time for you to take part if you wish to do so.

I absolutely adore Christmas Cards, the sending of them and the receiving of messages from all over the place.  When I lived abroad I was very big on sending cards, even though a lot of the people I knew then and was related to then didn't send cards.  I still sent them!  Then when I came back to England the numbers seemed to multiply again.  It was wonderful to share in such a great way and I really enjoyed it.

Then one year - several years ago now - someone made a remark to me which really upset me.  It was about the number of cards that hubby and I had received, implying that we had too many and some other less than pleasant things.  I don't know exactly why it was said, although I have a good idea, but it really cut through me and I have borne it with me for many years now.  This year though, I hadn't given it a moments thought until I was photographing your cards and I realised that I didn't care anymore about that remark or about what the persons who said it might think.

That is thanks to you all!!!  It is because of your totally unexpected kindness in sending me these cards, with no expectation on your part, and the love of getting them, the joy you have sent and the love you sent too, you have totally taken away that hurt, and I didn't even realise that you had done it, because you really had - and have! - erased all of that from the past.

A little Christmas miracle that was unsought and unintended I am sure, but a miracle nonetheless!

Thank you all so very much!!  You have made a massive difference to my Christmas and although I cannot explain it really, I know it is there and it is wonderful.  Thank you!

Anyway, on to the swappyness!

This is my card from Mamas Mercantile.  It is beautiful isn't it, it also contained two more of the lovely snowflakes that are busy being decorations and if I don't keep the card, I will keep the snowflake!


Thank you Mamas Mercantile!  So lovely!

As I mentioned, I also received some others....

I think that I have got them all here, but if yours doesn't make an appearance it isn't because I didn't love it, it is because I forgot to photograph it!  All of our cards are now on the Christmas card display things that I have and we are greatly enjoying looking at them!





























Thank you all once again for the cards and for what this has meant to me.  Totally unexpected as I said, but wonderful!

I hope that you all have a wonderful, happy and blessed Christmas and New Year.  Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Card Swap and enjoying the fun!

Happy Christmas!

Amy

32 comments:

  1. Some people are so nasty I think its jealousy, I have the opposite I dont do cards, I have some I like them, I even enjoy cardmaking, I just dont send them I much prefer to make a little tree ornament and give them to friends and family something they can get out each year,
    If its something that brings you pleasure and is not harming anyone or illegal then enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Amy but how wonderful is the card from Kuwait. Sending love as always to you my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have so many friends. I am staggered this year by just how many cards I received. I have had to put up extra strings to display them all. Have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Amy, all spreading a little happiness!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some stunning cards, you are truly bless. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fun swap Amy, thanks for hosting. Also thanks to the blogger who sent me your address so we could all surprise you with a card - that was the best part!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've received some wonderful cards. I love how cards are so different from each other, they can be cutesy, traditional or handmade but they all send good wishes and that's whats so lovely about them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Amy, for doing the card exchange. It has been such a lovely idea. I am glad that your beautiful cards helped erase an old memory. Enjoy each one as if it were a flower being added to a friendship bouquet of flowers. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely, you'll have to imagine one from me I'm afraid, but it would have a pineapple on it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some amazing cards there Amy. As I am a huge fan of hot chocolate I particularly love the mug and candy cane card. Although I have to say I love all of them. Have a great Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards and the more the merrier I say! I love the love that is in each one as it is sent :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Amy,
    Wow, I love all of your pretty Christmas cards you received!! Thanks so much for organizing this fun Christmas card swap. Wishing you a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, glad you received so many, you're such a good person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now why in the world would anyone think that too many Christmas cards is a bad thing? Obviously they were jealous that they didn't have as many. That's the only thing I can imagine. But what you put out into the world is what you get back, right! I received my cards today but just wrote a post and then came here so will have to do the card post tomorrow. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely swap dear Amy. Rise above those that obviously like humbugs!!! Loving blog hopping and finding new wonderful blogs. Hope your Christmas sparkles .xxxmaria

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely to receive so many cards, personally being able to hold and cherish them! With a digital world this is so nice to be able to do! :-) I wouldn't give that person's opinion a second thought. They are obviously unhappy with something in their lives and trying to bring you down. Don't let them! You are blessed to receive so many, enjoy them and smile you are loved! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all gorgeous and I wonder which countries some of them came from. A couple are probably obvious, but it's lovely receiving postmarked abroad. Hope you have a wonderful Xmas and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many cute cards! Thank you again for hosting our swap! :-)

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was such a nice swap to be a part of Amy. Thank you for organising it. I'm glad the kindness helped you over the nastiness you experienced. It's easy to be kind and it feels very good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you have let the hurtful comments go Amy, I can't imagine what motivates some people. Such a lovely selection of cards. The swap is such a great idea. Merry Christmas to you and yours Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. your blog & cards are wonderful; Season's Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why anyone would even think to comment on the number of cards you got is beyond me. I'm glad your friends have sorted the bad feelings for you! These cards are all fab! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Letting go releases you. It doesn't let them off the hook. So sad. I believe it was jealousy. Thing is, to have friends, you must be a friend. Sounds like that person needs to go to Sunday School.

    ReplyDelete
  24. what fun!! i love them all! i love seeing what others send & get in return. same with Christmas ornaments. so fun, fun, fun!! Merry Merry Christmas!! i can't believe it is here, the time to celebrate!! love it! party with the family! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw! So much love and appreciation! I think it's wonderful that you take card sending seriously. It's one of those little things that make people feel good. I kept forgetting to buy international stamps so you might get a Valentine from me! Sending heaps of love your way, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely cards thanks you so much for organising :)
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lot of fabulous cards you received Amy. I've actually managed to write a post about mine today too!
    p.s. your cake looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I spent hours last night thinking my adaptor was not updating my phone photos and turns out it had kicked them all to an old folder. Very aggravating. Now I can finally post about my cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely good fun swap. HAPPY CHRISTMAS Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful collection of cards Amy....Thank you so much for organising the swap. Have a wonderful Christmas Amy. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Like you Amy, I really love receiving and sending christmas cards. I love choosing, writing, and sending them. Glad to hear that all the lovely cards you have received have helped heal the hurt from before X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amy, 2nd comment from me on this post, but i had to come back & say you have some of the sweetest bloggy/commenting friends ever. thank you for including me this year. i had a real ball. my post is up now & linked too. just so ya know. thanks again!! love ya. ( :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx