Sunday, 20 December 2015

Grace

Thank you for joining in and commenting on my last three Advent Sunday posts, it has been good to hear what you think.

Today is of course the last post for this year and the subject today is Grace.

Gracefulness, having grace, being graceful, doing something with good grace.  Some of the things that might immediately spring to mind when you hear the word Grace.

Grace is perhaps elegance.  A beautiful ballerina who can dance in an a seemingly effortless way, she can glide across the floor and we hardly notice that she takes any steps.  Graceful, a chicly dressed woman who makes an entrance, she is well dressed, and the way she looks isn't about fashion, but all about style.

Grace is also the way that we deal with situations.  We accept that we need help and accept it with good grace.  We don't protest, we know that assistance is required and instead of complaining or refusing it, we simply say thank you.

Grace is letting things go, in a good manner.  Not simply saying "oh well" but really feeling and being good about something, even if we don't like it.

I can easily think of two contrasting examples of Grace and a lack of Grace.  Both in relation to people that I know who need help.

It wouldn't be very graceful of me though to talk about the less graceful person here, so I won't go any further!

So, Grace.  Offer it openly and widely and with love in your heart, and accept it in the same way!  That isn't to say that you shouldn't say thank you, or offer thanks, but offer it in thanks, not payment.

I hope that you have all had a good Advent preparing for Christmas and that you will enjoy your Christmas and will perhaps be able to take the time to remember the reason for these celebrations and that those reasons will bring some love and joy and hope to your heart.

Happy Christmas!

Amy xx

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear! One of my many failings for sure, in every aspect! Thank you for the reminder to work on it, I will put it into practice this Christmas when help is offered. Merry Christmas Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an important message, and perfect for Christmas Amy. We really learnt the lesson of acceptance with grace after we were involved in a serious car accident. Our first response was to say 'No, we'll be fine, don't need anything' - then I realised, we really did need all the help available, and we both learnt to accept it, with grace and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post, Amy! The series of your Advent Sunday posts has been very beautiful and inspiring. It's always a joy to visit your blog!
    Wishing you and yours a most blessed Christmas and a happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed your Advent Sunday revelations and hope I've taken in some of what you've spoken about. Thank you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard sometimes to let things go with good grace but it is something to aspire to. Thank you for your advent posts, I've enjoyed them and they have made me think:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm often telling my 16-yr-old son to do things with good grace! He's not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Have a wonderful week and a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell by my last email to you that I need to work on the Grace is letting things go ...... part of your post. You are lovely Amy, just lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace is a really important one and sometimes a hard one. It's the letting go, without sorrow or anger, to accept.
    Have a very Merry Christmas Amy and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to hope the while I'm not obviously graceful, I do things with good grace! Lovely post, I've been really njoying your advent posts and a huge thankyou for the step by step marzipan on Christmas cake post - this will be a life saver for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that the only reason we can function at all is because of HIS great and generous GRACE given to us.
    Merry Christmas, good Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely post, Amy, and even I can relate to Grace, even though I'm a non-believer. I don't think we need to have a religious belief to have humanity and kindliness and honesty are our watchwords. A really lovely post.
    At last I have made the Christmas cake and tomorrow I will make the almond paste and on Wednesday I will ice the cake. It's always ready on time but I don't sweat the small stuff as the saying goes over it.
    And today we've been invited to Open House at a neighbour's house on Christmas Eve between 4pm and 6pm for mulled wine and nibbles, so that is something to look forward to. We are not party people as such, but as long as we don't have to go out at night, that's fine by us!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think having good grace is important and being graceful would be lovely, so much so that I gave my daughter Grace as her middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas Amy!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post Amy! Lots of food for thought during a time when Grace is sometimes thinly spread. Have a lovely week. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you!! I hope your holidays are comfy and bright and filled with good food and good company.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx