Friday, 18 December 2015

Five On Friday

Well, can you believe it, this is the last Five On Friday of 2015!  It really has zoomed past hasn't it.  We have had various changes with this in the last year, but it seems to be working well now and I know that many of you enjoy taking part.  Thank you for that!  Thank you too to those of you who read my posts and others posts and go and visit the participants.  I know that we all appreciate it!

To end the year I feel as though I should have something really exciting, but this week it is, once again, the usual mishmash of things that I like to share on a Friday!  In a way that seems quite fitting.  After all, that is how Five On Friday started out.

I am about done writing posts for the year now.  I have a post on Sunday about Grace, and then on Monday there will be a link up for you to share your Christmas Card swaps if you wish to join in.  I will leave the link open until the end of the month to give you time to join in if you want to.  Then on Tuesday I have my Christmas cake icing reveal.  I actually iced the cake last night.  Hubby doesn't like it.  Too minimalist apparently!

On Christmas Day and New Years Day I will have some goodwill messages I am sure.  Between Christmas and New Year I have a Pantomime for you to enjoy!  It was quite a work writing it and taking the photos, but I hope you will enjoy it.  There might also be a few other posts sneaking in if I get them finished of other things that have been sitting in drafts for a while!

I will keep trying to pop by your posts, but if I don't comment please don't think that I am ignoring you!  No doubt you will be doing the same in any case. 

It has been a great year of blogging with you.  I have enjoyed it all, the ups and downs, good times and not so good and I thank you for your support through it, and I am honoured to have been there for your good times and not so good times too.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!  I hope that only good things come to you!  See you again perhaps for those other posts that I mentioned and if not, I will see you in 2016!

Now though, on with the Five!

One


This is a sad specimen to start a post with isn't it.  Especially at this time of year!  This decoration was purchased by Hubby as a child.  We decided that it could probably go to the great decoration heaven in the sky.  It wasn't happy!  I said that I would photograph it for posterity.  So I have!


Two


The wonderful Linda Kay sent me these two lovely things this week.  Thank you so much Linda Kay!  On the left is a beautiful notebook and on the right is Linda Kay's latest book!  Yes, latest because she has written several books now!  I haven't dipped in yet because I am saving this, but when I read it I will of course review it.  In the meantime, if you go to Linda Kay's blog you can get your own copy!  Thank you Linda Kay!

Three


There have been reports of daffodils flowering around the country, and yesterday a friend told me she has snowdrops flowering in her garden!  All far to early and caused by the very mild weather that we are having.  Earlier in the year they were forecasting our worst winter for 50 years.  So far it hasn't materialised and I hope that it doesn't, but we do need some colder temperatures.


You can see here all of the crazy things growing and flowering in our garden at totally the wrong time of year.




I should say that the cyclamen should of course be flowering at this time, just not the roses et al!




Four


Low key on the front door this year.  A few shiny sticks and some decorated balls from the supermarket.  My wreath is handmade, I looked back on my blog, and I see that it is now on its third Christmas.  Handy isn't it having a blog that you can look things up on!  I have added a few bits of greenery this year just poked in.

Hopefully visitors feel welcome when they arrive.


There are also lots of berries around too to welcome visitors and the birds!


Five

This is a terrible photo!  Sorry about that.  I crocheted this brooch last year, but I am pretty sure that I didn't share it with you.  I wore it on my coat earlier in the week - not that I needed a coat with the temperatures being what they are - and the lady serving me in a shop complimented me on it which was nice of her.  It was a lovely Christmas moment!


Well, that is me for this years Five On Friday.

I said the rest all at the start.  Thank you all for being here and for taking part!  Don't forget to visit others too if you have the time.

Happy Christmas and New Year! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful time with your family and friends whatever you are doing.

Love and Hugs!

Amy xx

p.s. a couple of reminders, enter the giveway and no Five On Friday on Christmas Day and New Years Day.

********************

Thank you - as always! - for joining in last week.  I look forward to reading your posts again this week too!  Remember, anyone is more than welcome to join in, read this bit below, go and visit the Five On Friday page and then write your own post and then come back here and link in!



If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.

The Five On Friday "opening hours" are from 6 am on Friday until 7 pm on Saturday.  Please include a link or the button to my Five On Friday post within your post, or to make reference within your post to the button if it is in your sidebar.  This is to be fair to everyone.

If you want to check out anything else about Five On Friday see the All About Five On Friday page - top right of my sidebar.

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

********************

52 comments:

  1. Greetings Amy, it has been such a joy to take part in your Five on Friday posts and to get to know you and the other followers of your blog. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday. I'm looking forward to Tuesday's post revealing your Christmas cake! Have a wonderful weekend. Pat xx (I think we got some of your cold weather here in southern California. The night time temps have almost dropped to freezing in some areas!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Merry Christmas to you too Amy. I wish you nothing but love, laughter, health and happiness for the coming year. Thank you for your post and your Five on Friday, sending much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet brooch is very beautiful and I wisdh, I could read books in English! I know Linda Kay since a long blogging time...
    It's too warm for this season, but I enjoy every day, what isn't cold here, yesterday I was sitting on a bence and reading.
    Have a wonderful Christmas

    I'm looking forward to your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some daffodils yesterday, it's just crazy isn't it! Your brooch looks great, very apt for this time of year. Have a wonderful Christmas and many thanks for all your kind messages, so very much appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no that poor decoration, I think it's served its time ha! I love your wreath, it's beautiful. Our garden is still in bloom too, it's a bizarre isn't it? A very merry Christmas Amy, thank you for hosting this lovely link up and being such a wonderful blogger friend. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard on the radio this morning that they even have daffodils in Scotland at the moment - it must be mild. Personally, I could do with a bit of seasonal frost; it doesn't seem right somehow. I have enjoyed your posts this year and look forward to many more in 2016. RIP Christmas decoration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have really enjoyed taking part in the five on Friday link and so thank you for been such a great host. Shame about the lantern decoration but it did inspire me to make some with the Grandchildren, I can remember making them with my Mum as a child. Best wishes for Christmas and the New year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe that you are having a warm winter so far, from what I've read on another blog. We are having our hottest December days on record, so what on earth is going on. I've loved following your Five on Friday, so well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the brooch, nicely done. The cyclamen are lovely, their leaves are so pretty, and it's nice to see them among the fallen oak leaves and acorn cups. Can't believe you have rhubarb! It's ridiculously warm isn't it. Wishing you a good weekend, I shall look forward to seeing your minimalist Christmas cake. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame about the decoration but lovely that it's lasted so long. There's so many things flowering out of season at the moment but I'm sure Mother Nature will sort it all out eventually. It's the wildlife that I feel sorry for, this mild weather is preventing hedgehogs and such like going in to hibernation and it's going to be a sad tale when the colder weather finally arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Christmassey bunch of Fives, Amy. It seems you are having the weird change of climate which we have from time to time. Poor flowers, they become quite confused. I love your door wreath, beautifully made and welcoming. It must be fun to have all those red berries available at Christmas - I am imagining the possibilities with those. Your holly brooch is perfect, just the thing for a Winter Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of a place where past-it decorations go :) And yes isn't the weather just bonkers - in double figures here overnight, far from the cold winter they forecast! Have a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're having better temperatures now than we did in the summer! I hope we don't get the bad winter they were promising us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are ready for Christmas! I see there won't be a Five on Friday next week....because it's Christmas Day! :-) I can hardly believe it is almost upon us. You sound busy creating some interesting posts though...and it is so odd to have so many flowering plants in December. I will have a flowering surprise to post soon, myself. Hope you have a very blessed, wonderful Christmas! See you again on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Friday Amy, love your sweet holly brooch x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems we are all experiencing such odd weather! I do love your Christmas brooch. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are having unusually warm weather as well, and our grass is so green, most unusual as we are usually covered in snow by now. No blooms in the garden but I'm sure the weather is throwing off the cycle of some plants. I love all those berries, would love a branch or two from my greenery arrangements. Hope you have a happy and safe holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A crazy mixed up year for our plants, isn't it? Thank you for hosting 5 on Friday Amy and again for coordinating the card swap. I have enjoyed meeting you through your blog and participating in your meme occasionally.
    The crocheted brooch is sweet, I'm planning on learning this craft after Christmas so I too can make some cute little things.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah I am so glad I got to join in for the last time in 2015. Amy thank you so so much for hosting and for the warm invitation to join. I love your crochet brooch and I am so loving your home-made Christmas wreath too. We live not far from a forest, but I haven't been out there for months - go to work in the dark get home in the dark and weekends just fly away - point is I hope to make my own next year - just need some forward thinking. Wishing you a Happy Happy Christmas and a kind 2016. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for opening up your heart and home to us Amy this past year It has been so much fun and great to get to know you better!
    Five on Friday has been great too so thank you so much!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have I missed the link-up for The Christmas Card Exchange? Only answer this if it is an easy one. =D

    How I enjoyed seeing the flowers. They must be so confused. I've been watching a rose in my front garden that I think may actually bloom if this mild weather continues.

    Your creativity and decor is darling. I really like the crocheted holly and berries pin.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If there is one thing we can all agree on is that time flies. Have a wonderful weekend, dear Amy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a very Merry Christmas Amy

    and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen daffs for sale in the supermarket and the ones we had last spring have started to grow already with little green stems shooting up from the ground. I was actually surprised to see them. Very unusual but I don't mind this mild weather, to be honest. Better this than ice and snow.. I like your brooch and wreath. They both look lovely and very festive. I can't wait to see your iced Christmas cake. Have a lovely weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Amy. Thank you for hosting Five on Friday. I don't join in often because I don't have the time to comment on too many other blogs. We are having a very mild winter, as well. I hope to get out to the garden and see what's happening there. Roses in December - wow! Your wreath is very pretty, as is the brooch you crocheted. Hand made things are much more authentic, in many ways. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks like spring time in some of your photos! may you have a very merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Merry Christmas to you and yours Amy lots of love too
    Ashley xx (daisyJ )

    ReplyDelete
  28. We still have yellow roses in the garden, too very odd for this time of year but wonderful too. All my best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year Amy and thank you for organising Five on Friday and for your lovely and inspirational posts throughout the year:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. As a family researcher I appreciate the sentiment of your hubby's ornament and happy you have decided to make a record of it.
    Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Friday Amy! It looks like you're all decorated for Christmas! I remember those little decorations that you've shown in your item #1 -- we had several of them as children. They do eventually wear out though, don't they. Very sad. And I love your adorable little brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've seen photos of people's Daffodils, definitely far too mild for this time of year. Beautiful Cyclamens and lovely wreath xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Friday Amy...I always enjoy seeing your five things! Lots of lovely floral colour in your garden and I love your door wreath. I had heard that there were daffodils flower in some places....and then noticed this week that there was actually a narcissus flowering in my own garden!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness! Garden blooms? We are covered in snow! I really like your holly brooch, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry about the late entry today! My internet was giving me grief today. All day. And it's still acting finicky. I will visit a bunch of those links as soon as things get a little less weird over here.
    Loving the flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I enjoy reading your Fridays! Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your garden! So pretty! While it's been way too mild here, the blooms are all gone and it's just blah outside. Greys and browns, with some hints of green. I adore your wreath. I need to do something like that for my door. Maybe next year :) Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lots of lovely photos for your final five on Friday of 2015

    ReplyDelete
  38. Isn't it hard to let go of these childhood decorations! But this one really looked like it was the kindest thing to say farewell. I'm surprised at all the shoots and flowers you have coming up! We're unseasonable warm here too, and I noticed there are lily shoots coming up outside! I hope it doesn't harm the plant if we finally do get some cold snaps and the little shoots freeze. My lavender is still blooming too. I like that wreath on your door. A nice mish-mash five this week Amy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello, Amy - I have really enjoyed participating in your link party and getting to know you this year! Love your pretty holly brooch and your welcoming wreath! We are having a mild winter all the way over here in the Pacific Northwest, too and my pansies are all blooming heartily! I do need to order Linda Kay's book. Hope you have a lovely Christmas if I don't stop by again. Hugs to you xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm amazed that so much is alive and flowering in your garden. It has been mild here but not THAT mild!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely to read the five on Friday posts even if I haven't found time to join in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Have a Happy Christmas Amy. I have loved being part of Five on Friday for the last few weeks. Thanks for your support. Barbara X

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful.
    Nice to see that old Singer pedestal sewing machine base there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. You are all set for Christmas!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog White Spray Paint.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  45. First of all - thank you so much for always being such a wonderful hostess Amy!! This link up is so much fun and I'm so grateful that you do it. You are such a Gem and I'm proud to call you friend.
    We have had similar problems in the States with things blooming too early. I hope the unusual mild doesn't mean we're going to be slammed with bad weather in the New Year. Yikes!
    I LOVE that wreath!! So pretty. And your brooch too. I love holly as it always reminds me of my wedding. WE'll have been married for 20 years in about a week and 1/2. And my bouquet had holly in it.
    Merriest Christmas wishes to you and many blessings in the New Year!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello Amy. I always enjoy visiting you via your blog and can see that you're all set for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing your decorated Christmas cake. Meanwhile I hope your weekend is going well with the opportunity to rest and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I knew it was warmer than usual across the pond, but I didn't know it was warm enough for flowers to be blooming! It's been warmer than our usual December here too, except for bitter cold yesterday and today. Starting tomorrow, it will warm up into the 40'sF once again. We definitely won't be having a white Christmas. Wishing you a healthy and happy Christmas and I will "see" you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for hosting such fun Friday posts.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  49. and was that rhubarb???!?? Oh, my.....!!

    Hoping your Christmas is both happy and healthy....can't wait to continue our friendship in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the little brooch in particular. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love yours five on friday Amy !!
    Yiur garden has lovely flowers and plants.
    Merry Christmas dear Amy !!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Merry Christmas Amy I've loved reading your blog this year.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx