Wednesday, 16 December 2015

December Mantel

I am amazed that I have now been through twelve months of mantel displays!  It has been a great challenge and I have enjoyed coming up with different designs, plans and garlands each month.  Next year I am hoping to get some of the patterns written out to share with you for the garlands and buntings that I have made.

In some ways I will be sad to see the end of the year of monthly mantels, but it will be nice to concentrate on other things too.  My mantel will still change though through the year, but on a seasonal, rather than monthly basis.  No doubt I will share those with you too.

So, this months mantel!  My favourite in many ways because I love to decorate for Christmas, and this months includes snowflake twinkle lights which has to be good!


You might recognise the Christmas Tree Garland from last year.  I made this 12 months ago and of course I had to use it again this December.



The other decorations are a collection of things that we already had.  This year I did buy a few new ornaments for the tree, but otherwise I haven't bought anything really in terms of decorations.


I do love a fuzzy lights photo though!


Obligatory sideways shots, which I am guessing that some of you like - Mama's Mercantile!  It seemed right to do one each way this month as it is the final mantel.




The details are simple little trinkets that wouldn't have found a home elsewhere this year.  On the mantel though, grouped together I think they make a pretty addition to the room.



These felt pinecones were a "free gift" with Mollie Makes recently.  I didn't really like them once I had made them as I didn't think they looked very pineconey.  However, seeing them in the photo I like them better now!  Fickle aren't I.



I did also take some photos in the evening with the lights on.  I think that it looks lovely and warm and welcoming.



So, that is it for monthly mantels for 2015!  Thank you for following along this project with me.  I do hope that you have enjoyed it.  I know that I have.  Thank you too for your comments over the 12 months of posts, you have encouraged me to keep going.


I will leave you with the dancing Christmas Tree.  He sings - Jingle Bell Rock! - and dances and flashes his lights.  Very cute, very daft, very silly, and thankfully, not on all the time!!!

Happy Christmas!

********************

Hopefully these posts have inspired you to get decorating something in your own home.

You can see my previous monthly mantels here for more ideas.

Amy

34 comments:

  1. Looking so very festive Amy. The trees are darling. It's been great to see all the mantle posts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely and I want a mantel. I'm envious, but have loved your monthly series and wonder what next year will bring in your posts. Thanks for a great year on your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely - I do like the poinsettia glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, oh I love Christmas decorating. I haven't got around to making the cones yet from Mollie makes, thought we might make them in the holidays, yours look really good.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Mantel posts and this one was no exception. The side shots show how it was put together so you can see how it was done, which is why I love it so much. LOVE the crochet garland and the felt pinecones, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Amy - so festive and pretty. I have one of those little red deer figures too, I found him in a Christmas box of decorations yesterday and he is now on display:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is so colourful just right for Christmas. I love the spots. I thought your pinecones were chocolate buttons for a minute. Thanks for all the inspiration over the last year. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, so warm and welcoming and festive. I really like those pinecones, and the big white stag is fab. It will be lovely to sit in front of your fireplace this Christmas I think. Well done on a whole twelve months (thirteen?) of mantel displays. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fabulous, very festive. We've got a Westie dog donning a Santa hat which plays a Christmas tune, Archie's not keen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have the prettiest mantel ever. I do not have a mantel or a fireplace which is kind of sad. However, I only miss one when I see yours. I love the tree garland :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty indeed! You put me to shame, changing things on a monthly basis, but well, this was a challenge for you and you more than stepped up to the mark. I have yet to 'do' our mantel for Christmas, but will do shortly. I only do flowers and greenery and cards as I don't have any deckies that aren't for the tree, but I have a chain of little 'bells' which go on the mirror above the mantel and have done for the past 30 years or so. But with so many piece of antique china, and a gilt framed mirror, and glass candlesticks, the mantel already looks 'decorated', I only need to add greenery and it's 'Christmassy'!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great, Amy, so Christmassy! You've done a great job each month with your mantel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely mantel, Amy. I like the lights on the plane branches as well. Always fun to see what you have done with the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks lovely! I love the Christmas tree banner! Have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy! I really like the felt pinecones and the tree garland. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely festive mantel Amy. I have finally made an effort (it is Christmas after all)and decorated mine! It is so nice not to see post, DVD's and glasses cases on there. Your trees are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photographs every month. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful festive mantel, Amy! I love your tree garland!lots of pretty lights & the pine cones are just sweet!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, festive and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your December mantel! It makes me miss having one in this house. I especially love that tall, skinny reindeer! He's so freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice of you to share this every month; this last one looks so pretty and Chrismassy! Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your mantel Amy especially the tree bunting. I have been doing some decorating - (post on the blog). The whole scene is lovely and festive. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hurray for a year of mantels! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. An excellent year of mantels ..... this is the one time in the year that I change our mantel!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your December mantel is so festive and pretty! I love the Christmas tree garland!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great mantel of decorations, Amy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You always do a great mantel. I was going to ask who or what the green critter was.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your mantel is darling, Amy. I love that tree garland :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very merry and bright! I liked the out of focus lights, too. I must go back and look at your march of the mantels as I have only been along for a few months now. (I imagine December will be my favorite.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your holiday mantel is very festive. Love the little red reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your mantel looks great! Whenever anyone else posts a mantel or garland now, I always think of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. The monthly mantels have been such a joyful project. Very pretty, festive and creative expressions of who you are. Your felted pine cones are a good example of "it's not what you've got but it's the way that you use it!" When you put the pine cones in the right company, their true value is revealed. It is nice to read your honest opinion about them though. A lot of bloggers choose to only share the good stuff and none of their uncertainties etc. I am glad that you have 'come around' to liking your felt cones because they look great and add interest with a different texture alongside the real pine cones.
    Your side camera angle is also appreciated because it showed how your little flower garlands were attached.
    May your Christmas be happy, colourful and bright. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another beautiful mantle my Dear! It's been so fun to follow them through the year. I love your garland!! Great from all shots (even blurry & twinkly) and angles. Lol. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I would like to come over and sit with you in your very pretty and festive home. Can we have a cup of tea and chat?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's been a joy to follow your monthly mantle. A lovely reminder for you of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx