Friday, 27 November 2015

Five On Friday

Taking five to admire a fountain...





This is the Emperor Fountain at Chatsworth House.  You can read more about it here.  It really is quite the most amazing fountain that I have ever seen.  I was captivated by it.  As you can tell by the number of photos no doubt!





As much as I would like to say that I only spent five minutes looking at and photographing the fountain I can't.  It was much longer than that!


These two pictures - above and below - were taken just moments apart.  I haven't done anything to the pictures, it is the sky and the light that has changed.  That is all.






If you get the chance to see and gaze upon this fountain it is well worth taking five minutes to look at it and contemplate what you see.

Thank you for stopping by and for joining in Five On Friday.  I hope that you all have a great weekend.  If you can, don't forget to visit some other Five On Friday posts!

Happy Friday!

Amy

p.s. don't forget to check who you are swapping Christmas cards with and get in touch with your partner.  The details of the swappers can be found here.

********************

Thank you - as always! - for joining in last week.  I look forward to reading your posts again this week too!  Remember, anyone is more than welcome to join in, read this bit below, go and visit the Five On Friday page and then write your own post and then come back here and link in!



If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.

The Five On Friday "opening hours" are from 6 am on Friday until 7 pm on Saturday.  Please include a link or the button to my Five On Friday post within your post, or to make reference within your post to the button if it is in your sidebar.  This is to be fair to everyone.

If you want to check out anything else about Five On Friday see the All About Five On Friday page - top right of my sidebar.

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

*********************

29 comments:

  1. What a great fountain! I could spend hours there... and I like to see the play of wind and water.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loved going to Chatsworth house, she said the garden were incredibly impressive and now I see what she meant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a nice fountain! I have really enjoyed your Chatsworth posts; it's definitely gone on my list of places to visit. Have a great weekend, Amy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its an amazing feat of engineering, its just water powered and gravity fed, I thought it was amazing when I saw it some years back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is magnificent Amy,your pictures are lovely. It reminds me of the water feature on Lake Geneva, I just sat and stared at it for ages, there is something about moving water that is captivating. Thank you for hosting lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we visited Chatsworth a few years ago, we also spent more than 5 minutes watching it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly is an impressive fountain, I can see why you would want to spend time looking at it. Thank you for hosting Five on Friday, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos. I think the last but one is my favourite - a very clever shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been loving your blog posts all week. I feel as if I have been on holiday to lots of stately homes...heaven. The fountains at Chatsworth are fabulous. I haven't visited for years but I can see the Peak District needs to be added to my holiday list. Have a great weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, it's not just the fountain itself which is impressive, it's the engineering. Chatsworth has moved right up my must visit list since reading your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a wonderful Friday, love the fountain photos.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!
    Did you get sprayed? hahaha!
    Have a great weekend Amy...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post makes me wish for summer. You are a wonderful photographer Amy and I love how you pair photography with history. Lovely...have a great weekend. Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos of the fountain Amy. It is so impressive. Have a great weekend. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Chatsworth, and wondered if that's where it was as I scrolled down! I was captivated by the sculpture that opens and water gushes out (its name escapes me right now) - hope you had a fab visit, thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's certainly some fountain, especially with that height. You keep whetting my appetite to see Chatsworth you naughty girl. Have a lovely weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fountain is magnificent isn't it? Chatsworth is the most amazing place, we stopped off there when moving my daughter back from uni for the summer hols a couple of years ago and I've been itching to go back ever since. Have a fab weekend Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks again for hosting, Amy! The fountain is amazing and not surprising that you spent more than five minutes admiring and photographing it! Wonderful pictures!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely photos. I like fountains too.

    I can tell we don't live nearby, as we've got snow around us these days.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Amy!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a fantastic fountain, Amy. And we could expect no less from such a place as Chatsworth House! Happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very impressive ! It's the same here in some french castles' gardens ... it's always a real show .. have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Amy! That fountain is mesmerising! I would probably sit watching it for hours. Love your photos! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Friday my friend. Enjoy the weekend. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an elegant fountain from all angles, I've enjoyed your photos. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's a beautiful fountain Amy I saw it when I visited Chatsworth house earlier in the year, it was pouring with rain at the time but I had to get out there and take some photo's too, the whole garden is amazing. Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so right to admire this fountain, it looks amazing and mesmerizing !!
    And the whole setting looks so beautiful too...
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely photos, Amy. Have a happy weekend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is an amazing fountain I have to say. Hopefully one day I will get to see it, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Amy, lovely photos! Amazing the changes, from minute to minute! Hope you have a great week! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx