Friday, 13 November 2015

Five On Friday

Hello!  Welcome to Five On Friday, it is great to see you here.  Thank you for stopping by!

Today I have a bit of a crochet round up.  Too many projects on the go right now for my comfort levels, but I am enjoying them all and once two of them are finished and the third is nearly there I can get back to the one that I really want to be working on.

One


The project that I really want to be working on is this.  I am calling it my New England Blanket, called that because I bought the yarn on a holiday over a year ago to New England.  I got very delayed on this because of a difficulty in getting more yarn that I needed, hopefully I now have enough so when some of the other things I am working on are done I can return to this.

The blanket is to go on our bed, and is the last thing that I am now waiting to get done so that our bedroom redecoration is finished.  The yarn is so lovely and soft and I am working it with a 6mm hook so it works up nice and quickly.  What is missing?  Time to work on it!


Two


I am a third of the way through this project which is the shawl that I am making for Basildon Park.  The yarn is variegated in colour and is actually lighter than it looks in these pictures, but not as light as I would have liked.  We will see...

It is designed though to protect precious soft furnishings from the grubby hand marks though, so I think that the colour and variegation of the yarn will mean that it works well for that.

This doesn't need to be finished until next year so I might put it on the back burner for now.


Three


My seaglass shawl was much admired by someone close to me, so I am making them one for Christmas.  The yarn is a sort of burnt orange which I think should suit them well.

This of course has a deadline to be finished!  It shouldn't be too bad though because I am making it to the pattern size and not a larger size that I made myself and also I haven't been able to find any coordinating colour beads for the edge so although they will be missing, and I hate to say it, that will save some making up time!

Mostly I am doing one or two motifs a day so it should be achievable by Christmas.


Four


I showed you this before, and because of the photo that I took many of you mistook it for a blanket, it is actually a very long and quite wide scarf.  I adore it though and cannot wait to wear it.  Again, it is nearly there, I have about 25% more to do.

The yarn is so scrummy, it is Milamia, and cost, ahem, a lot, but it is fabulous even if I say so myself!

As soon as the seaglass shawl is done this is my next thing to finish up.


Five

Well, this is a yet to be.  Some of you might recognise these balls of yarn.  They are the Stylecraft special edition colours.  I really like all of them and am so glad that I bought this pack.

Although I have quite a lot of "stash" it is all leftovers from other projects, I don't usually buy yarn just to have it - even though there is a lot of delicious yarn, I just cannot afford or justify it!

This was a fairly inexpensive purchase though so I splurged even though I don't have a plan for it.  Saying that, last night I did work on a little design so we will see.  There are lots of other things to finish up first....


That is my current crochet round up!  I am not working on anything seasonal as I have already made pumpkins for autumn and I will use last years Christmas Tree garland for my December Mantel so need to make anything for that.

What a lot of hooking to be finished though...

Thank you for stopping by and for joining in Five On Friday.  I hope that you all have a great weekend.  If you can, don't forget to visit some other Five On Friday posts!

Happy Friday!

Amy

********************

Thank you - as always! - for joining in last week.  I look forward to reading your posts again this week too!  Remember, anyone is more than welcome to join in, read this bit below, go and visit the Five On Friday page and then write your own post and then come back here and link in!



If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.

The Five On Friday "opening hours" are from 6 am on Friday until 7 pm on Saturday.  Please include a link or the button to my Five On Friday post within your post, or to make reference within your post to the button if it is in your sidebar.  This is to be fair to everyone.

If you want to check out anything else about Five On Friday see the All About Five On Friday page - top right of my sidebar.

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

*********************

45 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Amy, and I can see why you want to be working on that blanket, it's so pretty. I really like the colours you're using, exactly the sort of thing I'd chose as well. I think we could all do with more time for crochet and knitting! Hopefully we'll find some this weekend. Have a good one, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and colorful! You are very diligent -
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet projects are so beautifully even - clearly experienced in this craft. I taught myself to knit decades ago and mastered that craft; taught myself to sew and I am fairly knowledgeable in that craft; and I learnt to quilt from a lovely person here in New Zealand (Donna Ward) who just inspired me to keep going. BUT crochet has bewildered me, i have tried to teach myself the squares and also just plain rows of crochet but it seems buckle and bend and I loose stitches (sounds like my 22 yr old daughter talking - she has finally shown an interest in knitting again 12 years after I started teaching her) but I would love to create crochet to the standard you do. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five stunning projects, the scarf looks amazing and will be well used if the predictions for the weather are to be believed. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a lucky friend to be receiving that fabulous shawl for Christmas. A lovely colourful post, it has cheered up my dull morning, good luck with it all. I agree the scarf is gorgeous!Thank you for hosting Amy x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh they are all so lovely! I like them all. Have a great weekend crocheting. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that hexagon blanket... Very New England looking too! I must get out my blanket crochet now it's getting to winter but perhaps after I've finished my current projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely hooky projects you've got there, Amy. I wonder what we'd do if we ever had only one thing on the go at a time. Actually, I don't want to think about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, it was fun seeing all your lovely projects you are working on. I love the blanket, shawls and scarf. You mentioned not finding beads to match the shawl; have you thought about clear glass beads? I love this intricate pattern you are creating. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful projects; you're going to be busy in the run up to Christmas! Can't wait to see your New England blanket finished and I'm VERY envious of your trip, it's somewhere I'd love to go. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of pretty crochet projects Amy, the shawl for Basildon Park looks lovely as does the burnt orange one. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all lovely projects, I'd be spoilt for choice on which to work on first. I love the colour of the seaglass shawl, that's such a pretty design and I'm sure whoever you're making it for will be thrilled. I think the v stitch is a lovely pattern, I'd like to make myself a scarf in that at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I for one think it is a good thing to have several projects on the go at once - that way you can rotate, and not get bored with the one thing. Likewise I am always reading several books simultaneously - but I am not really a scatterbrain, I think I have a low boredom threshold. I have started on my Christmas tree and decor, and do a little each day. Very therapeutic. Happy weekend, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You DO have a lot of projects on the go...but the good thing is you have a plan for finishing them up. I especially LOVE the first project for your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. busy busy time here and lot of beautiful projects.
    I grab a special edition bag of stylecraft too and I really love it. I am working on a pattern with it.
    I am looking forward to see what you will do with it!
    Have a great and beautiful Friday.
    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do such beautiful work, Amy....I'm inspired to get some yarn to start on a project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are busy, so many beautiful projects on the go xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The seaglass shawl is lovely, I am not surprised that its on someones wish list - they will be delighted. You will be pleased with my 5onFri this week as its geared towards crafts - sadly not my own

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy,
    I brought the limited edition Stylecraft wool, in my stash!, I am in the process of making seaglass shawl for myself, how do you join as you go? not done this before. Enjoy your weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blanket that will one day go onto your bed. I love that you named it and it has a home as soon as it's finished. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have been a busy girl! The yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of good work being done, I get distracted and it takes me forever to finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful projects you are working on completing. My favorite is the New England Blanket. So warm and comfortable looking, perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that New England blanket, Amy! Hope you can get back to it soon. The shawls, too are wonderful! And what a great collection of yarn...such wonderful colors! Thanks again for this awesome meme!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything is looking great Amy! That blanket for your bed is going to be beautiful!! Truly love those soothing colors. You are a busy gal - so your Basildon shawl probably will be fine on the back burner. Lol

    I LOVE that seaglass shawl was SO beautiful and your friend is going to go bananas for this one I am sure!! Such a neat color too.

    But that scarf you're making is so awesome!! I love that it's so big and full of so many great colors!! And if the yarn is that scrummy - then it will be treasured for many years I'm sure. Can't wait to see it finished!
    Have a wonderful weekend my Dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, Amy!
    Your crochet projects are lovely, as always. The beautiful blanket with a little bit of light blue will surely look lovely in your bedroom and the long, colourful scarf is fabulous indeed.
    Your new balls of yarn (love the colours!) made me smile, because buying yarn is one of my favourite activities. Then I would like to start all the works at the same time...
    Thank you for hosting Five on Friday and have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Every time I see your wonderful crochet projects, as well as drooling over them, I think "I must try harder to crochet properly"!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh Amy, so many gorgeous projects. I do love the colours of your New England blanket and the burnt orange seaglass shawl - someone is going to be very lucky this Christmas.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the New England throw Amy! Beautiful! well they all are but that's my favourite!
    Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Amy - Love your crochet projects. I have put everything crafty on hold at the moment as I am trying to finish my cross stitch advent calendar. I have vowed that I am not doing as much crafting next year. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the first picture of the blanket. It is going to be loved and so cozy

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are busy Amy It's lovely to have so many lovely things on the go so much to choose from, I love them all, I rather like the scarf you have me thinking now and I really shouldn't, I have so many to finish off myself. Love the yarn I'm itching to use it and it's not even mine haha, have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. All your crochet makes look lovely, especially your wonderful New England throw. Hope you soon finish all your other projects so you can get back to it! Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are a generous friend, she will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow they all look great. I love the colours of the New England blanket and I'm intrigued about the scarf and how I can make one similar as I've a scarf project I need to do! Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sorry my dear, I think I might have thought it was a blanket!! It is super nonetheless. You are going to be showing us some great ta dah!s before Christmas I can see. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Amy, love your crocheted blanket, and the scarf. You are kind to crochet the seaglass shawl as a gift, lucky recipient! The shawl for Basildon Park looks very delicate. Is it a treble stitch or rows of single chains? It's a while since I made anything in crochet!

    Thank you for organising your Five on Friday link up - I do think it's such fun - even if I don't join in every time.

    Hope you are having a great weekend! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the top blanket in particular- you are so clever. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. My goodness, you are really busy with all that crocheting! I love the New England blanket you are making for your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The blanket looks beautiful, I am trying to make one myself but I think it will probably take me years! Looking forward to seeing yours when it is finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. All your projects are lovely but I most specially love the sea glass shawl. It is like lace, it's gorgeous! What a lucky person who'll receive a handmade present like this for Christmas! X

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a busy bee! I love all your projects especially the scarf, what vibrant colours! I think the colour for the Basildon Park project is just perfect for those grubby little hands :-) Have a great Sunday my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ooh, crochet fabulousness, Amy! The blanket is my favourite, I'd be itching to get back to working on that. How generous you are to crochet your friend a sea glass shawl, I'm sure she'll love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. I LOVE your New England blanket! So pretty and such a calming colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful projects Amy. I particularly like the wide scarf. The colours and pattern are the perfect combination. Lucky person getting that beautiful shawl for Christmas, I'm sure it will be much appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx