Friday, 21 August 2015

A super quick post!

Thank you all for the lovely best wishes for the lunch that I had today.  It was a great success and more so I am sure because you were all wishing me the best for it and because your good thoughts made me relaxed and happy for it!

Everyone has only just left - it is now well past 4pm in the afternoon on Friday! - and so I am taking the fact that they stayed so long as a good sign.

The food was all delicious and everyone ate everything and enjoyed the things that others had bought.  You were right for the most part in all that you said and no one mentioned any dust - although I had made sure that every last speck was well chased away!  One person DID open a kitchen cupboard, but only to reach for a cup which I then handed them anyway as I already had one and they didn't comment on the insides!!

We were blessed with sunshine and were able to sit out in the garden for pre lunch drinks and preliminary chats and that was lovely.  In fact we could have stayed there all afternoon and just drank and chatted I expect!!

No photos of the food but I do have a few others, so I will probably put them in weekend round up post on Monday.

We laughed and cried and talked 19 to the dozen as only groups of women can and hugged and arranged to meet again later in the year - in a restaurant this time!!!

It was great!  So thank you for listening to me waffle on about this!  It seems that now that it is over that it all happened so very fast today, but it was great and I really do feel more relaxed about entertaining at home now.  Perhaps it will be the start of something.....

I am off to do the washing up, clearing away, dishwasher loading, garden furniture putting away and tidying up now before Hubby gets home so that the house looks all neat and tidy again - after all that time I spent cleaning it!!!

Then I plan to sit and do nothing for the rest of the day and hopefully the rest of the weekend!!

Hope you all have a great weekend and thank you again!

Amy

31 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that everything turned out so well. Have a great weekend with your feet up and a craft prject of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had such a good time! Sounds like EVERYONE had a good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed your lunch and all went well. I expect you will be able to enjoy your preparations more next time, knowing this one Was so brilliant! You were so lucky to have just the right weather for your day too.

    Do be sure to relax a little this weekend (although I bet you won't you'll still be busy).

    Have a great weekend, whatever you are doing. Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, reaching out and caring for people in such a lovely manner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it all went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that it went well,you enjoyed yourself, and that no one needed a duster surgically removed.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear it all went well. Enjoy a well-earned rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about you at lunchtime, Amy, as I tucked into my home-made cheese toastie! I'm glad it all went well and that, most importantly, you enjoyed yourself. I hope you have a relaxing weekend to make up for all the stress of the week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Amy, I'm so glad it went well, drinks in the garden first sound wonderful. By now you have no doubt got everything shipshape, and I'm hoping you're sitting down enjoying a relaxing evening. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad your lunch was a success. I always feel quite tired after entertaining at home. You deserve a rest for sure. Have a lovely relaxing weekend, hope the sun shines! We have rain here :s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab. Glad it went well. Hope there were some leftovers for hubby! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a lovely weekend dear AMy:))
    Nice you had a lovely time at lunch!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad it went well - I knew it would!
    Enjoy your peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad it went well Amy I know it would. I have the nort east loving hands ladies meeting in my home once a month and I clean like mad for days before, I don't think it would ever get done otherwise haha, they will be here next Thursday so I had better make a start, have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so pleased that it all went so well, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is nothing quite like that happy euphoric feeling after a gathering like that that has gone well, food enjoyed, lots of chatter and people really having a great time. Well done,you, for hosting such a lovely event!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  17. No doubts ever that things wouldn't be PERFECT!!! Enjoy the weekend my friend!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always get nervous about these kinds of things too, and yet, they always do go well. Glad your afternoon was a success - hold that memory for next time! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yay!! So happy for you that all went well and now you can just rest. It's so fun to gather as ladies and communicate so well (as we do - Lol). Sounds like it was lovely.
    Blessings for the rest of your weekend dear Amy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had a lovely time. Days like this are food for the soul, to be brought out and remembered when you need a happy boost :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amy - Glad that your lunch went well. It sounds like you had a great time. Hope you are enjoying your relaxing weekend. I am trying to catch up with a SAL that I have joined. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad that your luncheon went well and that you enjoyed it as well. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad it went so well and now you can chill out for the weekend, then just be you next week, crafting, blogging etc. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hurray!!! A Good Time Was Had By All!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a perfect afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you have managed to take a well earned rest Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you have had a great day - how lovely!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad your luncheon went well, Amy :)

    And thank you for sharing your visit to the castle. It's amazing!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx