Thursday, 2 July 2015

Ta Dah!!! Blogaversary thanksgiving.

I am really so very pleased to say that today is my Blogaversary!!!!  Yay!!!  Exactly two years ago today I published my very first blog post.

I never thought that I would get this far, that I would keep going, make so many friends - in person and online - have so much fun, improve my computer skills, and my photography skills, learn to crochet - I couldn't crochet a stitch when I started blogging - or do half of the things that I can now do and that I do now do!

Twitter and Facebook have made their presence felt in my life.  Although Facebook and I are not getting on well, I am loving Twitter.  Instagram hasn't yet, but I expect that it will if and when I get the right sort of phone - as I have often said!  Pinterest, oh be still my beating heart!  I love Pinterest and can waste spend  hours there messing around.  I can make photo collages - when I can be bothered! - and I can rearrange my blog and give it a new look.  I have learned how to make blog buttons, back things up and how to ask you for help and know that it will come.

The last two years of blogging have been amazing.  That is all thanks to YOU!!!!

THANK YOU BLOGGERS!!!
YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!

Yes, all of YOU!!!!!  Without ya'll it would not have been nearly as much fun.  I would stopped a long time ago and learned a lot less and not made lots of new friends.

So to celebrate I have given my blog a bit of a birthday!  You might have noticed the changes happening as I have gone on.   A new colour scheme, bigger writing - our eyes are all getting older! - and some new things here and there.

Today was the day I planned as the final reveal.  New header, which I have achieved - same words, different colour and it took minutes instead of days the first time I tried it some time ago!  Buttons so you can click and link to see where else you can find me, somewhat achieved, they are the circles, top right of the sidebar.  Click and you will go to all of my other places to follow me.  To get my Ravelry account sorted and have a link to that.  Didn't get that sorted.  I have made some new pages, About Me, FAQ's and Sponsors - just in case anyone is interested!  The Five On Friday page has been updated too.  I have also yet to add pages for my Reading My Books challenge, Recipes, Patterns and a Tutorials page or update my sidebar with a few new projects for you to look at.  Life has taken precedence so there is still some way to go.  Perhaps I will be ready for my third blogaversary!!

I hope that you like the new look. In a lot of ways it is just a new colour scheme and some fiddling around, but I hope that it will make it easier for you to find things - and for me to find them too!  It is all quite simple and plain, but I am not one for jazzy patterns or pictures and I don't have the budget to buy artwork or the ability - as yet! - to create it myself, perhaps one day.

So, to celebrate all of this wonderfulness and loveliness I thought that it was time for a giveaway.  I regret to tell you that I have not had time to do anything for this, and as the (for me) lateness of the time of posting this post shows I haven't had time for blogging either.

I WILL get something together and WE WILL celebrate this together again hopefully in a month - or so!

Thank you all once again for being so utterly wonderful over the last two years.  It has been amazing and I hope that we have many more years of bloggy happiness together!!!!

Here are some of my most favourite photos that I have shared with you in the last two years.














These are of course only a very few memories!  Thank you for making them with me though.

Amy

60 comments:

  1. Congratulations - here's to many more years blogging! Like you when I started I never thought I would keep going, but it gets addictive, doesn't it!! I love your selection of photos, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary! I love your photos so much and the makeover looks so good. I'm looking forward to following for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your blog and congrats !!!! Thanks to you for sharing with us so many beautiful pics of wonderful places .... Have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amy
    Congratulations on your blogaversary! Looking back over a blog is so interesting, isn't it? You've got some wonderful memories there.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary, loving the new look, I don't know where I'd be without my blog and all the wonderful people I have met through it
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations bloggy pal! I had no idea you've only been crocheting for two years- what an inspiration you are :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I had no idea you had only been going 2 years (only! You know what I mean!)
    Happy Blogaversary and may there be many more to come :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you for sticking it out and learning so much. Thanks for the larger print and yes getting older does make some things more difficult. I do like your blog and read each time you post, but am behind on commenting at the moment due to some health issues. Hopefully, once all sorted, I'll comment more often and get mine up and running again. Thanks for the wonderful blog and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! You have a fabulous blog, I love all the changes. You've achieved so much over the past couple of years, huge congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your blog is absolutely fantastic and I have a real pleasure reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your blogaversary and very well done for all you've achieved in the two years. I always enjoy visiting your blog so I'm looking forward to following along for many more years. I shall go and have a click on some of your new links now and explore your new pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blog Birthday Amy! May the next year be as fun as the past two. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogaversary Amy, and I'm pleased you still enjoy blogging! A lovely idea and very enjoyable to review some of your favourite images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woooo 2 years!!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new header is fine! Happy bloganniversary Amy! Wish we can share more and more things for a long time.
    Congrats
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogaversary Amy. I must keep a better eye on mine - totally forgot to celebrate year 1!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Amy - two years blogging - how wonderful. Have a lovely bloganniversary - I've enjoyed being with you along the way, thank you for Five on Friday and for all your support and comments too - blogging is a wonderfully satisfying thing to do isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your bloganniversary Amy - wishing you may more to come over the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy happy anniversary dear Amy, the blog world is nicer place for having you in it. Long may it continue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How time flies! Congratulations on your blogaversary! Lovely photos - I can't decide which I like the best, they're all pretty wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Bloganniversary! love it. so fun. am I following you on Twitter? @ElizrdbthSpeaks find me please if i don't i will follow ya back. have a happy day!! celebrate big big time!! not sure how we found each other but i am blessed by your bloggy friendship. so fun!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's been s pleasure getting to know you. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy bloganniversary and here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy bloganniersary dear Amy:)
    Always is nice to see your blog, you are sweet and I love yours pictures!:)
    Lots of love from me to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done on writing, photographing and all the other creative outputs for your blog Amy. And thank you for your comments, support and generous, positive nature. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and thank you for the lovely blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. How lovely! Hooray for you, kind blogger! I celebrate your contribution, your willingness to reach out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hurray! Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Bloganniversary, isn't it fun!!! Where is the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Blogiversary, Amy! I really like the new, fresh look for your blog. I can't believe you only started crocheting since you started your blog two years ago. I always assumed you had been crocheting for years because you have such lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well done. Happy Blogaversary Any! Hears to many more years of blogging. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yay !! Happy blogaversary !! Time for a party ? ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations, here's to many more years of blogging. Always a pleasure to read your honest and sincere words. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank YOU Amy, for writing such a lovely and inspiring blog and for being such a wonderful member of the bloggy community :) Many congrats on your anniversary I love following your journey xxx p.s. love the new look, I had no idea you were on FB, I'm a follower now :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations Amy! This is a great day!Thanks for sharing your pictures, works and thoughts with us!! This is why I'm here as well. To learning, to writing with you all! Thanks a lot!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! And good luck for the next years :-)
    Blogging is a great thing...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy 2nd bloggy birthday! Lovely photos to illustrate this post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*L*O*G*A*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* Say, could you add what country you're from in your About Me? I love knowing where my blog friends are from. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations. Your pics are stunning. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Blogaversary dear Amy!! I just love that I've found such a blogland Angel of a friend through this wonderful world of blogging and I'm so glad that you keep doing it! I love peeks into your life, your crafts and all of your beautiful photos!! Here's to many more dear Friend! Cheers!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. happy blog birthday, you do know there has to be birthday cake don't you xxxx enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations, Amy. Here's to many more years of blogging! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well done Amy on the new look - I don't visit here as often as I would like but I thank you for leaving comments on my blog. Here's to the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  44. 2 years whoop whoop! And really, you couldn't crochet when you started and now look what you do, that's really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Happy blogaversary Amy, it's all looking lovely here. I'm looking forward to following you along for another year. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy blogoversary!!!! Hope you have many more happy years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Happy, happy Blogoversary! I love the look here - you did good! Here's to anther year!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Happy blogiversary! (Or, however you spell it, lol.) It's been a pleasure getting to know you through your blog. I think once you try Instagram, you will love it. It's like miniature blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Happy blogiversary! I can't believe you didn't crochet before blogging. You sure picked it up fast. Blogging actually helped me to expand my ability and it was through other bloggers that I figured out how to read patterns. This month marks my 6 years blogging. I swear it seems like so much longer. July 22nd was my first post. So funny to look back then as I had not a clue what I was doing. And never thought I'd be here this long. My cousin made me do it. Ha! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  50. Happy blog anniversary, Amy! I always enjoy visiting you, seeing your lovely photos and interesting posts! Here's to many more!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy Bloggy Anniversary Amy, and may there be many more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you couldn't crochet before you started blogging, good grief there is hope for me then. I love these pictures especially the sky one! Here's to many more years xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Happy Blogaversary Amy!! I love the new look and buttons, I totally appreciate how time consuming all these changes are.

    Thanks for resharing your photos, I love the water and pebbles one.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful photos! Great post for your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Congratulations Amy! Well done with all your new buttons etc. You always strike me as a very hard-working blogger, I am sure your blog will go on getting even more successful! X

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh Amy I'm truly sorry I missed your blog anniversary! Happy Blogiversary! I have enjoyed getting to know you and your lovely blog. I love your 5 on Friday and all of your beautiful crochet creations. I hope you enjoy many more years of blogging. Take care and I'm glad we are blog friends.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  57. Happy anniversary, Amy! I do admire all you've accomplished.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  58. Happy 2nd blogiversary, Amy. Loving the new look for your blog too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congrats! It makes me so happy to see someone so happy and enthusiastic about something they love! I hope you stick around for many more years to come! Oh and those cloudscapes! Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx