I decided that it was time to change my wreath on the door again. The sunflowers had faded - a lot which I wasn't expecting - and something else was needed.
As I was busy working on my garland for my August Mantel I realised that I had rather a lot of embellishments and that the structure that I had made for it might not be strong enough to hold everything up. I did a test run, and sure enough, too much weight. That was when I came up with the idea of using most of what I had made for my wreath and then doing something else for the garland.
The garland isn't finished yet, and, you will have noticed that it isn't August yet, so I will be showing you the finished mantel next week.
I can though reveal my new wreath!
I know that this is the same picture, but the sun came out in one and not the other and you can see different details more clearly in each picture!
There are a lot of things hidden underneath that you cannot see so well as I did make quite a lot of things!
I made sure though to put some of the more decorative shells on the top. Above you can see a 3D sort of twirly shell and below is a blue one which has some white weedy stuff growing from it.
I also made quite a few clamshells which are all hidden underneath.
The brown netty thing in the above picture is a fishing net and then below are two more shells, the pink stuff is coral - of course!
For the uninitiated these two V shapes are of course seagulls. Far away seagulls!
Mostly I love the fishes though, they look so cute darting in and out and round and about.
No pattern details or anything, these were all made up from my own imagination and just worked as I went. If I get with it enough I will write a tutorial and pattern for the fish though as they are so cute aren't they and I can replicate those easily enough.
So I hope that all the visitors to our home over the next month or so will enjoy this little bit of the seaside hanging on our door! Hope you enjoy it too!