Friday, 3 July 2015

Five On Friday - another anniversary!!

Thank you ALL so VERY much for your wonderful comments yesterday on my second Blogaversary.  Here's to many more years of us blogging together!

As yesterday was my Blogaversary and it has caused me to look back over my blogging time.  I went back to review my Five On Friday posts.  I discovered that I started them in May last year.  So I missed that anniversary!  Never mind, these things pass us by sometimes don't they.  Perhaps I will celebrate next year!  If I was really organised I could schedule a post now.....  Just kidding!!

Thank you all for joining in with Five On Friday and taking it from me just posting away on my own into something that lots of us are now sharing around the world.  It is great fun isn't it.   Here's also to another year of Five On Friday posting for us all!

As I missed the Five On Friday Anniversary, here are links to some selected posts (click on the words that are a different colour to go to the post).

One - This was my first Five On Friday post.  I explained how I got started and why.  Plus a few happy things of course!

Two - The post with the most views was this one.  It was all about crochet!  The first picture was my daffodil wreath, I think that might be why it has had a lot of views.

Three - Of all my Five On Friday posts this one from just two weeks ago has had the most comments.  Sixty One to date.  It was all about the garden.  I know that you love my garden.  Thank you for the lovely things that you say about it!

Four - Interestingly, the post with least comments was this one from August last year.  It was also a gardening post!  Just goes to show how fickle we all are doesn't it!!  Sometimes we like something and sometimes not so much!!

Five - Finally, my own personal favourite Five On Friday post.  This post is from December last year.  It is very special to my heart indeed.  It was the first post where we all joined together as a group and Five On Friday started being shared around the world officially.  You can find the post here.  Without you all I don't expect that I would have kept posting or posted as many Five On Friday posts as I do.  Thank you!

I also have a more proper Five On Friday too!  Because, well, you know, when you make the rules, you can break the rules and I made these rules so I can break them too!!  I am calling these close up or not so much!

One - A little tiny flower, Lobelia.  Aren't they beautiful.  There are shades of purple, blue and white all together!


Here in larger form in this pot.  Isn't it coming on well.  Some of you asked about the solar collectors in the pots.  They are solar lights, the bit under the solar panel is the light.  They come on automatically at night.  They don't make much light, but they look pretty!


Two - Teeny tiny little grapes!  They are still very small.  Apparently I should then them out.  Might leave that until they are actually big enough to see properly!!


The whole vine is doing rather better though, and in fact, needs a trim, which is fine to do now, it won't have sap running everywhere now!


Three - This is Hot Lips.  Really, that is what it is called.  It is a Salvia and the variety is Hot Lips!  Isn't it fun!


It is doing really well in this pot and looks great against the lavender.  It should keep over the winter - I hope! - I will follow my planty friends advice as she has one too!


Four - I know the name of this one too!  Nandina Domestica, or Sacred Bamboo.  These are the little flower buds.  It will have little white flowers soon.


Then later on there will be red berries.  I love this plant because it has flowers and berries at the same time!  How great is that!!


Five - I don't have clue as to the name of this one.  Can you help me out here too.  It is gorgeous though isn't it.


This is one of the few things growing in what is supposed to be my wild flower area.  None of the many packs of seeds that I planted here have come up.  I think that something - birds, squirrels, mice? - have eaten then all a long time ago now.  However, there are these plants.  Any suggestions as to what they are?


Six - Oops!  Six creeping in again.  It is just this once for this special in lieu of an anniversary post!!!!  Plus the lavender really does look so beautiful and I know that you all love to see it!


Isn't it gorgeous!!  I have started picking some for the house, I want to have a really massive bunch, but I am only letting myself collect a little at a time!!


Seven - You know, in for a penny in for a pound!  Hubby wanted you to see this.  These are his three new Hostas.  He is very excited.  We keep having to go out and look at the flowers - that haven't flowered yet....  I am glad to see no slug damage so far - fingers crossed!!


Thank you for joining in.  I hope that you all have a great Friday, and a great weekend!  Stay cool in the hot weather, or warm in the cold!!

Amy

********************

Thank you - as always! - for joining in last week.  I look forward to reading your posts again this week too! 



If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.

The Five On Friday "opening hours" are from 6 am on Friday until 7 pm on Saturday.  Please include a link or the button to my Five On Friday post within your post, or to make reference within your post to the button if it is in your sidebar.  This is to be fair to everyone.

If you want to check out anything else about Five On Friday see the All About Five On Friday page - top right of my sidebar.

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

********************

45 comments:

  1. I think your mystery plant is Rose Campion. It grows very easily in my part of the world. We used to have many of these in our last garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hostas, they're looking immaculate, I do hope the snails stay away. The lavender is beautiful, one of my very favourite plants, that scent is divine. Well done on a whole year of Five on Friday Amy. I hope you have both a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congratulations on your Blogaversary and a lovely Five on Friday post! Your garden looks so pretty with some unusual flowers. The hostas look good - long may they remain slug-free! The bright pink flower you are uncertain about is, I think, lychnis flos-jovis which is a member of the carnation family. I wanted one for a while and was delighted to snap two up last summer, only to find this year that they are the white variety. Never mind, they're still very pretty. Have a lovely weekend :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! Happy FOF belated Blogaversary ! Does that even make sense ?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden must be full of colour. :)
    I keep meaning to go out with my camera and capturing mine. I look forward to seeing how the grapes develop. It's exciting growing grapes isn't it. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking lovely as usual Amy. I've got some of those pink and silver plants as well so I hope someone tells us what they are called. Thanks for starting the Five on Friday, it's so much fun reading all the posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your garden, Amy - you have some loverly plants and flowers. Love the lavender. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the anniversary and on being a successful meme mom or however you put that. Meme administrator probably sounds better. I don't know what the pink flower is but the greyish foliage suggests to me that it may be some type of pink or dianthus. That's just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monty Don (gotta love Monty! - and his dog Nigel! :oD) says the slugs won't eat your hostas if the hostas are healthy. Yours look really healthy so, if Monty's right, the slugs will leave them alone. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well - happy anniversary! The garden's looking great - we ended up putting our hostas in pots; slugs hunt in packs in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Amy
    I agree with Una above - the plant is rose campion (or Lychnis Coronaria) and are described as shortlived perennials/biennials which self seed. They are a lovely colour. It's all looking very beautiful in your garden.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your garden, but I am so envious of the lavender, looks stunning. Just watch out for beastly slugs on the new hostas though!! Belated blogaversary greeting to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still a beautiful garden... congrats for the success of your friday column !! belated happy anniversary !!!! Have a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mystery flower is lychnis, I have the same colour as yours in my garden and also a self seeded white variety too. I love the Hot Lips, I use to have one, in fact I've just checked my blog and it was back in 2009 when I bought it:- http://jo-thegoodlife.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/hot-lips.html Blogs are great for keeping records like this, aren't they? Unfortunately, the plant didn't survive winter so do take care with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lavender is one of my favorite scents!!

    Gorgeous image entries today. And a little late, but happy anniversary for you blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy, happy Bloggiversary - sorry I missed it! You are a ray of sunshine in the bloggy world (and the real world too!) and I hope you have many more happy years of blogging and spreading your joy. And at last I've finally got around to another FoF post today - yay! Thanks for being the perfect hostess, have a happy weekend,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely update on what's happening in your garden and such stunning colours. Congratulations on your two years of blogging and here's to many more years of posts from Love Made My Home. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy blogaversary!!!! I've been busy with school holidays this week and I missed your post yesterday. Its nice to look back over your blogging time and review old favourites, and of course the beginnings of five on friday, and look how its grown! Here's to plenty more blog posts from you this coming year!! Gorgeous flowers, your garden is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, more of the garden,thank you.
    Mine's a mess right now (out of action so the garden suffers more than I do).
    Happy blog/five anniversaries!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. what lovely flowers! I did a yard post too...funny, that! I've no idea what that particular flower is...but am uber jealous of your lavender. It is too wet here in SE Louisiana so I just have a small pot of it. When we lived in Texas, I had a large area of it, similar to your own. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your garden is really delightful, the Hostas are a beautiful addition. Your lavender is a bit further on than mine, it is stunning. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Amy - the flower is Lychnis coronaria - rose campion and has soft grey velvety 'lambs ear' leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooooooooooo...your very own GRAPES! What kind are they? I would love to have a bigger garden, but the only thing that would be well-fed was the deer. They eat EVERYTHING! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous flowers! I am happy to be able to link up again this week...:) Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. First of all, happy Blogoversary! And happy Year & two months of doing Five on Friday! I am so glad you decided to start the blog...I looked back at some of the links. It's great sharing beautiful things with others! I love it! LOVE your lavender. I think that one flower that is fuscia colored may be some kind of "pink." The tiny grapes are so wonderful...filled with promise!!! Great post! Thanks for letting me join in...I am enjoying it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your blogaversary Amy and your 5 on friday anniversary, here's to lots more of both.Your flowers are beautiful and I hope that your hubbys hostas remain slug free mine have been been practically devoured. Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your garden is beautiful Amy and I love your posts about it. The Lavender really is gorgeous! Happy Five On Friday versary! I'm off to catch up on the week. As always, thank you for hosting xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. It certainly took a lot of effort for you to put this post together. (FYI: Number One links to this post rather than your very first Five on Friday as you mention :) Your garden is looking ever so lovely. Hope you have a good weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that you put together this link idea and have kept it up all this time for us to have so much fun. You wonderful hostess you!!

    Love all the photos of your garden, as always, and I love the different lighting you have here and there. Those "hot lips" flowers are so cool! And I just want to grab a bunch of that lavender and breath it in!!!

    Blessings to you for a wonderful weekend. xoxp

    ReplyDelete
  30. A super collection - and as it your game, you can bend the rules as much as you like!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've been away and missed your anniversary post. Happy blogaversary Amy... Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Bloggiversary Amy and Happy Belated FIve on Friday-versary! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Anniversaries Amy!! What a great couple of years in the blogging world. Your flowers look terrific!! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Blogging Anniversaries, Amy! Your flowers are wonderful! They look very pampered and happy! Thank you for hosting your fun link party, too! Hope your weekend is lovely. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always enjoy reading and looking at your blog - your flowers look lovely and I've always been a fan of Lobelia.
    Congratulations on your Anniversaries - Have a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Amy! Congratulations on all of your anniversaries! :) Your flowers are so very pretty! I wish I had your green thumb!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy belated anniversary! I love all your garden pictures, especially the hostas, I've only just discovered this plant :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. So admire your Five on Friday meme Amy. Always fun to read up on all the 'fivers' to see what has been posted! X

    ReplyDelete
  39. I do like this idea of reflecting back on the week and seeing the good.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm disgracefully behind, I do hope things are well with you & yours. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful floral post. But I think I love your grape vine most of all (even more than the lobelia), because I have a bit of a thing about growing things that you can eat. Enjoy your grapes.... once they're a little bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have that salvia too - the smell of the foliage is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Amy, lovely post!!! I very much enjoyed looking at all your pretty flowers and plants in your garden. Yesterday I was pottering about on our balconies (we got two). It's great to watch everything growing!!!
    Happy blog anniversary!!!!
    Hugs,
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  44. HI Amy, I'm way behind in visiting. Your flowers are so beautiful and such a variety. I love the lavender and mine is just blooming now so I'll be cutting some for the house. I hope you are getting the rest you need this week. Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Amy! Just getting around to visit everyone for a bit this afternoon. I didn't check all comments, but I know your mystery flower is what I call "rose campion". I have them in my garden too ... and they seed themselves down :) Such a pretty bright flower that seems to do well in the heat, the rain, everything! Your garden looks amazing, but that lavender is GORGEOUS! My little lavender hedge is pitiful in comparison. I will be snipping off a few flower heads too, but like you I'm hesitant to take too many. I've read your newer posts too, but see you turned off comments. Big hugs to you, and I hope everything is OK. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx