As I get older though I realise that the small things are more and more important. This week I was pleased to see the way a colleague handled what could have been a difficult meeting in the most wonderful way. I also enjoyed seeing two of those bobbing flowers on the dashboard of a car in a car park. The car was parked, but the flowers were still bobbing up and down looking cheery. As well the sun has been shining and that always makes life better doesn't it.
Another wonderful thing was the comments on yesterdays post - thank you for them all! - as some of you mentioned remembering the same post that I did last year. It was so lovely to think that you remember my wittering's as I never write with any expectation, so to know that the post stuck with you so much was very surprising and very amazing. So thank you for all of the comments, and especially thank you for letting me know that you remember what I write. I cannot explain, but it is lovely!
On though to my five moments that actually have pictures to go with them!
1. I love to go for a walk round the garden first thing - with a watering can in hand - and sometimes in the evening with hubby - with my camera in hand.
These are just a few things I captured this week.
2. I know that I have already told you this, but I am soooo pleased to see the back of the skip! We just have the memory of the shape of it in the grass now. It will soon turn green again though and be ready for mowing. We are now done with skips! Barring anything major of course... They say you should never say never!
3. Work is progressing on my tapestry. Now that I have my floor standing frame all set up how I want it to be I have been working so much more quickly on this. Two squares of nine are completed and I have nearly finished the background of the third.
Square number one.
Square number two.
The nearly completed square number three.
4. Just so that you don't think I am totally off crochet! I made these two items this week. Any guesses as to what they are? I am still at the playing about stage right now. Really I should be writing up other things but you know how it is.
5. I had totally forgotten about this little ladybird whirligig thing but we found it tucked away in the shed in a box of solar lights that we put away for the winter. The wings have been spinning round in the slightest breeze. Although it is a silly and little thing, it makes me smile when I see it! See. Small things!!
There you have it, five very small things really, but things that are making me happy.
I hope that you have a very happy weekend and week ahead. Whatever you are doing. Big things or small.
Thank you - as always! - for joining in last week. I look forward to reading your posts again this week too!
If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.
A little reminder in case you haven't stopped by Five On Friday recently. The Five On Friday "opening hours" have changed and are now from 6 am on Friday until 7 pm on Saturday. Also I will be asking everyone to either include a link or the button to my Five On Friday post within their own post, or to make reference within their post to the button if it is in their sidebar. This is to be fair to everyone.
If you want to check out anything else about Five On Friday see the All About Five On Friday page - top right of my sidebar.
To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post. Please do go and visit their lovely posts!