Saturday, 25 April 2015

Just for fun!

I didn't tell you, but we have been away on a little holiday over the last week.  That is why I haven't been replying to your comments, plus the internet coverage was just horrible!  The rest wasn't, that was wonderful!!!  Although I haven't been commenting, I have been reading and keeping up with your news and I think that I managed to pop by and comment to everyone who participated in Five On Friday yesterday.   Thank you for joining in, I do appreciate it, especially as I haven't been around much.

I will tell you all about it (the holiday!), but I need some time to get everything sorted out, there is laundry to do, a million - well, about 800 hundred, yes, really that many! - photos to sort out and groceries to buy.  All the usual return from holidays stuff.  Plus I need to take a turn around the garden.  That is the really important bit isn't it!

So, in the meantime, I wondered if anyone could guess, from this one photo, where we had been!  There is no prize, it is just for fun.  If you have an idea, let me know in the comments.  I won't publish any comments until tomorrow morning and then I will reveal the answer.  That will give you all a good time for guessing.


A couple of clues, it wasn't the moon, Buckingham Palace or The Antarctic.  We did not go on a plane, or a train, or a boat.  Actually, we did go on a little boat, but not very far and that was just a day trip!  Other than that all guesses welcome!

I hope that you are all well and doing OK, we will catch up soon I am sure.

Thank you again for still taking part yesterday and for all of your lovely comments this week.  I will reveal the mystery flowers that have now appeared and see if you can identify them, not tete a tete of that I am pretty sure!  Hopefully you can help.

Anyway, toodle pip for now!

Amy

Updated 26 April 2015 - the answer is this picture was taken on the seafront at Lyme Regis in Dorset.  I knew that those of you who knew - and there were a couple! - would know.  It is one of those places that you have to know to know - if you see what I mean...  But, if you know it, then you know - get it???? 

I will post some more about this and everything else very soon!

Thank you for all of the guesses.  There were some really great ones and thank you too for the good wishes!

31 comments:

  1. What a pretty cottage. Glad you had a good time away and the sun shone for you. I hope the weather isn't too horrid for your return. I've woken up to rain this morning - although the garden will be thankful for it. Matt's first cricket match - less so! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty Cornish village to me! And a beautiful spell of weather to boot!
    Enjoy the garden this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful time, I am guessing Devon. Have nice weekend and don't work to hard catching up it will still be there tomorrow, as my Mum is always saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr B guesses Sussex, more specifically Hastings! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow glad you've had some time away, hope it was wonderful and relaxing! Was it to Suffolk?! I see pink cottages and think Suffolk :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the south... Dartmouth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've no idea where you've been but glad that you had a good time. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like Suffolk to me - the house is painted Suffolk Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely no idea, but glad you had a good time :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you managed to get away Amy it always recharges the batteries, I think you have done very well visiting blogs when you have been away. I haven't a clue where you have been from the picture but it does look nice how about Cornwall? the lakes? I give up just tell us please looking forward to seeing the photo's. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy! I hope you had a great time on your trip. This is such a pretty house with it's thatched roof, but I have no idea of where it can be! ... Remember to take some fun breaks while you're catching up on all that laundry! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmm......Brighton? I have always wanted to visit there. Glad you are home, now get your laundry done!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen that house before..where the heck is it?!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My guess is Stow on the Wold or somewhere else in the Cotswolds. A lot of their buildings looks like the stone house on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a good time away. I have no idea where you might have gone, but the pink house is a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know, I know!!! That is along from the ice cream shop at Lyme Regis!!!! I will be there next week!!! Hope you are having a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for the REVEAL. I love a pink building!!! anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  18. No idea where that could be, but I'm glad you had a good break. I shall look forward to solving all of the mysteries. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back, look forward to reading about your holiday. I have no idea where you went.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have no idea, but what a cute place! Toodle Pip to you too! (I never heard that before, but I like it!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have no idea where you have been but it looks pretty. Hope you've had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm reading a book about Lyme Regis right now. Dorset is a part of the UK I've never been. It's a priority the next time I come overseas! More pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having been to Lyme on more than one occasion you'd have thought I'd have recognised the place! But no, I thought it was perhaps Suffolk, with that lovely pink building! Silly me.

    Re a previous post: sorting the coat rack. Perhaps I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a coat rack. We put coats away in our wardrobe when we are not using them. Everyone is different, but unless I had an actual 'boot room' where boots could be neatly lined up, with a rack for Barbours, fleeces, hats of all kinds, dog leads (if we had a dog, which we haven't), baskets, and all outdoor accoutrements, I simply don't want coats 'littering' up my hall. I like to keep the hall neat and tidy, with a table facing the front door on which I usually have a bowl of flowers as a 'welcome' to all who come to the front door.
    Look forward to pix of your visit to Lyme!
    Dorset is lovely, isn't it?
    About time we went there again ... and it's close to Hampshire, so we could pay a visit to one of our favourite NT properties, Kingston Lacy.
    Sorry you have lost your Ros Pilcher tape. I had a look on Amazon and, sure enough, none available except one for around £73+ which would be silly money when you have the book.
    I interviewed Mrs Pilcher some years ago - she was lovely, but very professional. I had just half an hour with her before she went away to prepare for an after-dinner talk a hotel in Plymouth (which I attended.) It was on the occasion of the publication of her last book.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Could it be in Suffolk? I have no idea but that is what came to mind. I typed "Suffolk" into a search engine and found the following... http://www.britain-magazine.com/features/history/suffolk-style/
    I want to go there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amy-- how wonderful that you had a little getaway to the coast... I'll look forward to your photos later:)
    Xoxoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your mini daffodils Amy! I can't wait for more of your posts on your trip! Such lovely photos! Take care.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that house! Sounds like a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx