As it is Friday it is of course time to share five things with you. This week I have five happies from the last seven days.
1. A quick little revisit to the slugs... Yes, really, this is a good thing!!! Earlier in the week I shared with you about my blog meeting and the little gifts that we exchanged. Lazy Daisy Jones crocheted each of us a slug and although I shared a picture of mine, I didn't have a group shot. Today though......
Mine is the yellow one!! Are they not the cutest group of slugs you have ever seen. In fact, the only cute picture you will ever see of a group of slugs! Pic is from Lazy Daisy Jones - I hope that this is OK LDJ!
2. The promise of good things to come! I have bought and sown two packets of seeds that are good for nectar which I hope means that they will attract all kinds of flying and buzzing things and keep them happy. Of course I am hoping for a riot of colour too!!
Not yet planted is this packet of Zinnia seeds, the pack says they should be planted outside from May so I am going to wait for just a little longer before sowing these. There should surely be at least one colourful patch in our garden this summer!
3. Find a place for my heart. Of course my heart is in my home, you knew that already, but a place for these two hearts has always alluded me somehow. Normally people have little tags hanging from their decanters declaring the nature of the contents - brandy, whiskey etc - but I don't have any of those and as we don't actually put anything into our decanters they would not be much use in any case! So my hearts are hanging from them and they definitely add some cheer to this corner of the room!
4. Sticking with the theme of hearts and good things, this week my heart was touched greatly by the kindness of my best friend. She is a wonderful person who totally gets me and understands me and who I trust totally. I hope that I do the same for her in return, I certainly love her a lot! In the friend kind of way you understand. I had a rocky time and she sat and listened and cared and said lovely things and understood me. I am so grateful for her.
5. It has been so warm and sunny this week that we have enjoyed sitting in the garden with a cold drink or cup of tea when hubby arrives home from work. It has been so blissful to just sit in the garden and look around and enjoy the cooler evening air. Plus it has encouraged me to sit out and read! What could be better than that.
So, five good things!
I hope that you all have a great weekend with lots of good things coming your way.
Although I have changed the layout of this post, you are still very welcome to take part in Five On Friday! I just thought I would swap things about a bit.
If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.
To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post. Please do go and visit their lovely posts!