Sunday, 29 March 2015

Sunlit Sunday - final week this year!

Today is the last Sunlit Sunday link up for this year.  Thank you Karen so much for hosting for the last three months.  I do so enjoy reading your posts, and others too as well as joining in myself when I can.

The instructions from Karen are to be as literal or figurative as we like in our posts.  So this year mine have varied from either end of that instruction. 

This week seemed like a good time to reflect back on the last three months worth of posts.  If you want a read you can find all of my posts here.  Here is a quick recap of some of the highlights from 2015! 

I took pictures of the blue sky and clouds.



Noticed the way the sun shone through things on the windowsill.


I spent a lot of time in January looking at the sky.



 See how it looked different on different days.

 
 
I also spent time watching the raindrops on the windows.



 I also played around making sparkles.

 
 
Then I turned to looking at the sunsets.


 
More looking at things with the sun shining through them.
 
 
Then my posts became a little more figurative, thinking about my jar of happy and gratitude.



Of course I could not stop looking at the blue sky though!



And watching to see what was coming up in the garden.


 




 The snowdrops were so beautiful.  I shared them several times.




 My skywatching wasn't all about sunsets or blue skies though.  I saw these amazing contrails one day.



 

 More crocuses came out all over the garden and made a beautiful sight.

 
 
 
 

Then two weeks ago I returned to the figurative with these words (not mine I should say!).

Exercising Gratitude
 
Like many of us, I have emerged from winter battered and exhausted, unable to raise the emotional thermostat from the low settings it had precipitated.
 
Like many of us, I have started to go back to exercising the "almost inevitable" pause of the Christmas period.  Except that this time I have added a simple routine which does not involve getting sweaty or breathless, but it does have a similar beneficial effect on my wellbeing and, if you agree with the butterfly effect, on the world's wellbeing too.
 
Once a day I find a quiet spot, I get comfortable and I bring to my mind ten things which I am grateful for, counting them on my fingers.  Professor Mark Williams, a clinical psychologist at the University of Oxford, states that it is important to get to ten things, even when it becomes increasingly harder after three our four!  This is what the exercise is for - intentionally bringing into awareness the tiny, previous unnoticed elements of the day.
 
Modern neuroscience has proved what ancient spiritual wisdom had recommended for centuries  and followers of Jesus are invited to do: saying thanks works.

This seems like a good place to leave Sunlit Sunday for this year.  I hope that you have enjoyed my posts.  I have certainly enjoyed taking part and I thank you Karen for hosting Sunlit Sunday again this year.

I wish you all a great year ahead with lots of sunlit moments and things to be grateful for.  I am grateful for you all stopping by here and being such wonderful people!
 
Happy Sunday and Happy Sunshine!
 
Amy

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Amy Wishing you many many sunlit moments my friend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you sunny photos and blue skies on such a wet, windy day. Sunshine will be indoors today! :) Enjoy your Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy for such an inspirational post. I'm going to start counting my reasons to be grateful every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, I enjoyed your beautiful selection of photos. It is difficult to choose a favorite but I do love the colorful crocuses. Wishing you a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely - lovely images and lovely words, I must try the ten things list - I am doing #365Grateful but relaly love this idea - and your gratitude jar of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ten things to be grateful for every day, sounds quite hard, even for the most optimistic person! Perhaps it gets easier with practise? X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous photos they were, lovely to see them all together, and to have a reminder to pause for a moment and feel grateful. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for such a wonderful post. Your photos are beautiful and I LOVE the sky ones.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are spot on, I need to do that exercise too. There is so much to be grateful for and I need to take the time each day to appreciate the life I have.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started typing a comment and it vanished. Please delete it if it came through half-finished! :-)

    I have really enjoyed your Sunlit Sunday posts, Amy. And that is so interesting about the importance of coming up with 10 things to be thankful for each day. In the past I've done a thankfulness journal where I've come up with 3 things each day. I think I'll give your method a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And one of the things I'm thankful for is blogs like yours, thank you Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your jar is gradually filling now with its happy moments and gratitude. I love your sky shots and that spring has sprung in your garden once more. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. It's nice to look back on your posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great collection of crocus! Love seeing their cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post Amy with many beautiful photos, will be good to look back on at the end of the year.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a lot of fun with your Sunlit Sunday posts. I think it's great to exercise gratitude and thankfulness. If more people focused on that, the world would be a much happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely review post Amy and a lovely reflective one too. I've been enjoying joining in with your gratitude counting but a couple of times I've nodded off in bed before I got to ten! Your pictures are great and you've really captured the essence of this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos - sun, gratitude, flowers... All so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful pictures. It was fun to look back with you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh!!! Look at the garden just bursting through my friend!!! Love those crocuses!!! And the light you captured in those bottles is amazing! Take care you.....and enjoy your spring this week!!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some beautiful pictures there Amy. The picture of the plane is amazing. It's a lovely review x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved looking through all your pictures! Nice. Wish I had some "wild" violets.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great selection of photos! And I also like the gratitude jar, it is so easy to stop and forget the many blessings that we have in our lives.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the sunny recap, Amy. I hope your spring goes on as beautifully as it has started. Here, I'm still waiting for crocuses to appear, but took in some forsythia branches and the yellow flowers are opening on them, a sign of things to come outside.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx