If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information about how to join in the All About Five On Friday page will tell you all that you need to know.
To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the links at the end of the post. Please do go and visit their lovely posts!
This week's five are total randoms! All different things that don't fit into posts of their own, which was, for me, how Five On Friday started. Right now I think that I need to be a bit more random, so this week I am running with it!
1. Like many people I cut recipes out of magazines, the newspaper and gather them from different places. Then of course I have no where to keep them. Last year I received a wonderful recipe box in a giveaway, and I have filled it with a collection of recipe cards that I kept from the years that I read Martha Stewart Living. Trouble is that I don't actually have anywhere to put it in the kitchen so it is in a cupboard and I never use it. So I didn't want to put all of my other scraps of recipes in there never to see them again. Instead I decided that I would start my own recipe book! I have simply taken a ring bound notebook and glued the different scraps of paper in.
They are all jumbled up, sweet with savoury, soups mixed with cake. It doesn't matter though, I am very happy with it. I can keep this on my recipe book stand in the kitchen, along with my diary and meal list and shopping list and then I can easily refer to it. I have noticed though that I have a lot of soup recipes for some reason.... As for the recipe box, I think that I will take all of those MSL cards out and glue the ones I really like into my book and toss the rest, then I will find a much nicer - crafting! - use for the pretty recipe box.
This book will never be as beautiful as the one that Carrie from Northwoods Scrapbook is making for her daughter, but it will at least be a practical way of keeping things together in one place!
Of course any recipe with a picture of crochet next to it has to be included.
I am planning to make these muffins on Monday - I will let you know how they go!
2. Any idea what these are????
They are glass fishing floats. They are supposed to be suspended in a sort of macramé string net thingy. When I went to visit Lady recently she asked me if I could make some new nets because after several decades of hanging up in her home the string had perished. Apparently I am someone who can do crafting things so she hopes that I can effect a repair. I am now on the lookout for some hairy string - it needs to be hairy to give an authentic look - and have been stalking pictures of fishing floats online!! I will let you know how it goes. I need to find some string first!
I am glad to take on this challenge for Lady, especially now that she is home and is missing having these hanging up!
3. If you follow me on Pinterest you might know that I have a board dedicated to brass pineapples. I am the only person I have found that has such a board! Lots of other people pin brass pineapples, I am very particular about the pineapples that I pin though! They cannot be just any old pineapple. So when hubby saw these new brass pineapple candlesticks for sale he bought them for me. How kind is he!! I love them so much.
They look just like the ones that I pin and without a candle in the top you would not know the difference between these and the very expensive vintage ones that I admire so much. Mine are just brass plated though.
The best thing is they are narrow enough to fit on the mantel, so in May, once my Easter decorations are put away, I can stand them on the mantel and enjoy looking at them!! You can find my brass pineapple board here if you are interested. It doesn't get many followers or repins. I can't imagine why..........
4. Once again I have built up a large collection of crafting "kits" from various magazines. It is time to pull them out and get working on them I think. So be prepared for a few posts of quick makes - well, quick if I actually get on and make them!
I did have a quick go at this little owl from Simply Crochet. He didn't turn out quite like the picture because I didn't have a smaller hook to hand to make the eyes with. So he is a little staring!
5. My quilt continues in a rather unsatisfactory fashion. I swither between carrying on as I am and taking all of the "ties" out and just sewing round the edges in a desultory fashion and calling it done! To tell the truth I am rather sick of the sight of this project and I imagine that you are too! I don't think that I am going to be a quilter any time soon. Or perhaps I just need to try something smaller. Considerably smaller. A pot holder perhaps!
You can see the tying below. Not very good is it!
Thank you all for your comments, for reading my blog and welcome to new followers. It isn't something that I get to say often enough, but I want you all to know that I am thankful for you!
As next Friday will be Good Friday I am taking a break from Five On Friday posting as I am sure that we will all be busy. Five On Friday will resume on Friday 10th April.
I hope that you all have a good weekend.