Sunday, 8 February 2015

Sunlit Sunday

Today is a beautifully sunny day as you can see from the lovely blue sky!  Yay!  Always a thing to celebrate and indeed I have put a note of this into my jar of Happy, Thankful and Grateful things.  I suspect that when I open it at the end of the year the weather will feature quite a bit as I have made two weather related notes just this week!



Because it is so sunny the obvious thing to do - of course - was go out into the garden and stalk the flowers a bit - no pun intended, but what a good one hey!  In particular the pots of bulbs and the bulbs that are coming up in the grass.  So far the only flower appearing in the pots is this lone crocus, but what an amazing sunny colour it is.  Where one leads, more are sure to follow. 


Isn't a beautiful sight, especially close up.  I hope that the rest come out very soon.



There are a couple out in the grass too.  When we moved to this house there was a "flowerbed" across the width of our garden, it had nothing growing in it apart from lumps of concrete so we removed all the debris and dead things and levelled it out and turfed over it.  There were lots of snowdrops and a few crocus bulbs left behind in the soil - intentionally - that come up in the grass each spring and they are a wonderful sight.  There used to be more crocuses, but they seem to have diminished each year sadly.



I wonder what the neighbours thought of me with my camera on the ground trying to get a bugs eye view of the flowers!  We have all done it though - haven't we...



The snowdrops really are looking beautiful and seem to have come out even more after their little bit of snow earlier in the week.  They are stunning aren't they.



Of course, I am somewhat biased about them because they are mine, but I don't know anyone who doesn't love snowdrops.  They are so beautiful inside as well.


Tomorrow I will add some more colour with this pack of polyanthus to go in the pot by the front door, and I might move one of the pots of crocuses to join them.  They will make a nice greeting to visitors I hope.


I hope that you are having a sunny Sunday. 

I am joining Karen at My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday.

Amy

29 comments:

  1. Your spring flowers look beautiful Amy, I love how they pop up through the grass. It's lovely and sunny here today, but I'm staying in the warm. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spring flowers, I love crocuses as they are usually the first to pop their heads up. Sadly snowdrops dont grow well here too warm I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so lovely to see such pretty photos of spring !!
    Slowly winter is fading - about time, I think... I need sun/green in the garden /blue in the sky....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see signs of spring coming, your photos are so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a beautiful sunny day here today too, lovely to see some blue sky for a change. None of my crocuses are flowering yet, I think it'll be a while before they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - such a blue sky and a sunny day. It has been grey and misty here and most of the time we haven't been able to see the end of the street. I did pop into the garden to see what was happening and there are little shoots of green here and there:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely sight, the first sign of Spring approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see the crocuses and snowdrops. I love that they are coming up in your grass, such a great idea. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blue sky! I love bulbs. Spring must be just around the corner when the crocus and snowdrops make appearance. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm quite envious - it was a perfect day for being in the garden. (I was watching rugby!) I have a lone crocus in flower too - maybe a few more will join in this week too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been a beautiful clear day here too.I was tempted to work in the garden have spent the day Spring cleaning instead. Bright sunny days always make me want to clean... Maybe because they show up the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been grey and drizzly here so I envy you your blue skies. Beautiful snowdrops - February's fair maids. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seeing all those Spring flowers makes me happy! Can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doesn't it make your heart fill up when all the little bulbs start to appear, it doesn't seem as though the winter has been that bad then does it?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have snowdrop envy! My garden is looking so sorrowful, and you're right, today was a perfect day to get out and give it some TLC - but instead I was crafternooning with friends!
    Lovely pics, and I'm sure the neighbours enjoy your antics 😉
    Happy week to you
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love snowdrops as,when I was little (even litter than now!) they were the only thing in flower on my birthday.
    Our crocuses won't be in view until April.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness, Amy, there's more popping up over in your neck of the woods, than in my Mediterranean garden! AND, to top things off, we're expecting freezing temps and snow!

    Thanks for the little bursts of sunshine!

    xx
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. it will be quite a while until I see some snow drops or crocuses but I can enjoy yours :) Lovely views! We are getting more snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my how I love to see a new plant pushing it's way through the sod.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Snowdrops are the prettiest things. I have a few growing in my garden and keep trying to move a clump to a more visible place, but they don't like it and I never see them except in the original spot. Crocuses are starting to bloom here, too. Lovely photos of the yellow crocus, like sunshine growing in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful flowers. Our snowdrops are flowering but the crocuses not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful flowers, the snowdrops are so cutexx

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cool you are already seeing crocuses and snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How lovely to see blooms and know that our snowy/icy part of the world will soon be seeing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Crocus and snowdrop blossoms; how beautiful! I'll look forward to mine, later on in the season. The primroses are pretty too, with their different colours. It's starting to look like spring is coming to your home, Amy!

    Hoping your week is a happy one,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have "snowdrop envy," too! They are such sweet, dainty flowers. The odd crocus and snowdrop popping up in the grass is such a treat. The bright yellow crocus is a sign of beauty to come! Smiles..Susan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all those snowdrops coming up in your lawn. Crocuses are beautiful too, I usually have pale purple ones.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The snowdrops and crocus look lovely - a sure sign of springtime. We probably have a good six weeks of winter left and I'm eager for spring to arrive. The primroses are pretty too. Have a good week and enjoy your sunshine and flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx