1. The beauty of a bunch of daffodils. How wonderful are these! They are like a bright ray of sunshine in a vase, especially a big bunch of them like this. I love love love daffodils and always buy some at this time of year - I buy them more than once! - until they start to flower in our garden.
Two different bunches of flowers at different times, both looking spectacular though hey!
2. There have been two pieces of amazing news this week. One is that a colleague of mine has a new job starting next month at a house called Hill Top. Now, this might not sound very thrilling, but it is because this is Beatrix Potter's house!!!!! Oh yes! For a great Beatrix fan like me it is very exciting. I have a little Beatrix post planned for sometime in the coming days in tribute. I hope that my wonderful colleague enjoys her new position and has a great time getting to know a new house and her own new home.
3. The other good news is about the person that I have been visiting in the nursing home. Finally, after months of waiting - since September - for carers to be put in place and being told week after week, sorry, still no one available, they seem to have found someone. Yay!!!!!! Hopefully she will be going home to her own home next week. Fingers crossed it is all OK as it still isn't written in stone yet, but the fact that there has even been an indication of this is amazing news.
4. I have been working on my February Mantel. Somehow though I just haven't been feeling it yet. There is a blue heart that is causing consternation, and I think it just has to go and then I will see how I feel before sharing with you. I love the heart, but it doesn't look right! The arrangement needs more playing around with.
5. Although we had that snow this week it came looked pretty and went just as quickly as it had arrived. So I am grateful for its beauty and the brevity of its visit. Also, it means that I have another excuse to show you Mr Robin!
I hope that you have all had a good week and that your weekend will be great too!
I am joining in Five on Friday, taking five minutes from our day to enjoy five things. Please go and visit the other people who are also blogging about Five on Friday this week.
|Wendy from September Violets|
|Michelle from Michelle's Make Or Bake|
|Leanne from Today's Stuff|
|Janet from Macque|
|Alison from Saver of Suburbia|