Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Five On Friday - The New Way

You might - or perhaps not! - have noticed that I have not been around blogland as much as I normally am.  I think that I am all caught up on your posts though now - gosh you are a prolific lot! - and read all your news.

So, where have you been I imagine you asking.  Well, do you remember my terrible blog disaster at the end of January when I was trying to make a blog button?

I have been - still - working on fixing my blog and there is more work to do on that.  I have also been working on making changes to Five On Friday.  Regular readers will know that this is a feature that I started last year and then in December small groups of other bloggers joined in each week too.

It has been very popular which is wonderful and more people have wanted to take part.  Some have had to step aside as well sadly for personal reasons.

Because of all of this it seemed like a good idea to shake things up a bit for the third incarnation - and hopefully the last, for the timebeing at least - of Five On Friday.

So, how will it all work?  This week will be the last of the current way of posting - so please come by and read my post and the posts of the others who are joining in.  Then from 20th February the new Five On Friday will begin.  Again, please come and visit then too!

You can join in at any time, you can post each week, monthly or just occasionally.  Whatever you want to do is fine.  As long as your post includes five things, and has a link back to my blog post you are welcome to take part.

You could choose to share five quotes and say why they mean something to you, five pictures from your garden, five favourite flowers, five cakes, five anything that you like!

I will write a post each week - on Friday - and there will be a link up that you can join in.  It really is easy to do if you are taking part.

None of this has been easy for me to work out, but I hope that I will have made it all easy for all of you!

There is no need for you to have been one of the writers of Five On Friday posts before.  Anyone can join in.  If you would like to add a Five On Friday button to your blog, you can find the code below.  I really must thank Anne for her help with this.  It is greatly appreciated.

To add the button, copy the code in the box below the picture and paste it into your own blog template.  You can also put this at the end of your Five On Friday posts.





It is, hopefully, very easy and you will all be able to take part and join in as and when you wish to do so.

Thank you for bearing with me through all of these changes and ups and downs, your support has been invaluable and I thank you so very much.

Thank you too everyone who has taken part in the Five On Friday posts to date, although it is sad that we cannot continue as we were doing, I hope that this will be the start of a great new fun chapter for us all.  Onwards and Upwards as you might have noticed in my sidebar!

Oh and one last thing.  Don't feel that you have to remember all this, or where this post is.  A new page will shortly be appearing in the top of my sidebar called All About Five On Friday - just click that and all of this information will be there, along with a link to this post.

I look forward to seeing you all and to you all visiting the blogs of those taking part in this.

Amy

21 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you will have on Friday. sounds fun!! i love your February mantel. so heart-ish!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an excellent way to make Five on Friday accessible to lots of people. That way, it is possible to participate when its suits. Well done you for making that lovely button thingy for the sidebar. I am not sure if it is called a button?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! I have added your link up to my side bar and looking forward to joining next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work well done for getting it all sorted, I may join you in this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for solving your blog issues! I struggle with the more technical side of things but there are always lovely people willing to help, aren't there?
    Looking forward to the link-up.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good plan Amy. I will post this Friday as usual and then try to sort out the button etc. well done for organising it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for all of your hard work Amy, I shall enjoy reading all the new Five posts and discovering some new blogs. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot of work you have put in Amy and what a fab idea. I would like to join in, it may not be every week, but I look forward to sharing five on Friday when I can xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Amy it sounds like you have it all sussed, I think that this is a much better idea because then people can join in as when they can. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, well done! What a big step to organise a link-up. Inspiring X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like there will be lots going on on Friday on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to it AMY!!! YAY on accomplishing this big task and pulling all of these bloggers together!!! Thank you buddy!!!! I knew you could do it! Wishing you all the best this week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fun, Amy - I will join up when you have the new one all set up. I never knew what it was all about - so never joined - now I understand it! Looking forward to it and thanks for hosting. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh great, I will set it up at the weekend. I'm pretty sure its my turn this week but I will have to check, if it is it will be a late posting. Thanks for organising it all x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great! Thank you Amy, I look forward to joining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done Amy - you've done more than I could do sorting it all out. I hope you all have fun, and I shall enjoy reading the posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to it, I struggle with all this bloggy techniness too so can well imagine the trouble you have been having. Thanks for organising
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done you Amy. Thanks for doing all the donkey work. We really all appreciate it. P x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Amy & hope to join in often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx