Wednesday, 4 February 2015

A little more snow!

Sorry I have been a bit AWOL for the last week since my little photo incident!  It still isn't totally fixed, but I am getting there.  Trying to catch up though now.  Sorry if I am not reading and commenting very well and replying to comments has also fallen by the wayside too I am afraid.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful messages of support in the comments and by e-mail.  They really have meant so much and were so kind of you all.  Bloggers really are the best people!  I have decided.  It is official!

The photos are still being fixed up, but I have backed up now - see my last but one post - and the next job is to work on "the button".  More to follow on that in a few days no doubt.  Or not.  Depends on whether or not I can work it out!!  I have excellent instructions to follow though, so it will depend on my own abilities.

The snow melted fairly quickly yesterday thank goodness, but I did see two different car accidents when I was out which was rather scary and proof that you don't need much snow to make conditions dangerous.  Before it all went I popped out into the garden to get some more piccies just in case the opportunity doesn't arise again.


You can see how the road started to clear by the time I returned from my morning errands.



So I thought I had better go and get some more pictures before it melted any more.




The sedums in the pots above will be alright, they are pretty tough little plants really.



The bulbs are happy enough too.  They have been attacked rather by our resident squirrel, but there are still quite a few buried in their pots.  Goodness knows what he has done with the missing ones!



I wasn't really dressed for the snow, I had cut off trousers on, long socks and crocs - what a combination hey!





You can see the snow was gradually dripping off the leaves as it melted, slowly slowly!



Everything looked very pretty though with the dusting of icing sugar.



It seemed to be melting before my very eyes, you can just see the melting water dripping off the edge of the shed roof here.  The ferns looked beautiful in the snow though and will appreciate the water I am sure.




Of course I had to take some pictures of the snowdrops actually in the snow!  It would have been a crime not to really wouldn't it!



We used to have a lot more, I think that Mr Squirrel has been digging these up and eating them as well.  Grrrr!!!



These white berries are called Snowberries, very appropriate for this time of year hey!


I love the way the bright red cornus stems look against the fence and the snow and the rosehips showed up very well too.



Something had been out making tracks in the snow before I got there, you can see that my footprints below are very different to the birds that had been wandering around the garden!



I don't think that it was this little robin that was making the footprints though.  He is busy guarding the rhubarb that is still trying to grow up through the snow.



I was amazed to see this parsley looking so green still, it is a lot hardier than I would have thought it to be.



Of course a journey around the garden highlights jobs that need to be done, a new cover is required for the bench and the grape vine needs pruning before the weather warms up.  The birds enjoyed the grapes though!


Today is clear and sunny, so I hope that it will be warm at work, but I doubt it.  Nothing like working in a historic building with little or no heating on!  Hey ho!  There are other compensations and at least I can dress up warm and wear my cosy boots.

I expect that was all of our snow for this year, but you never know do you!

Thank you all again for your support and for bearing with me, I really do appreciate it!

Amy

45 comments:

  1. I think you have to take pictures of snowdrops whatever the weather's like. I'm sure there's some law about it somewhere :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Snow Drops! I planted LOADS last autumn and ONE came up. Hmmm. SOMEONE has eaten them... It was a REAL TREAT to see yours, looking so pretty and delicate in the snow. Hope you don't get too chilly at work today :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, Love the snow pictures, keep warmxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day at Basildon - I hope it's not too cold. I have been very remiss and not taken any photos of the dusting of snow we've had the last couple of days. Yours are very pretty though. I can be found (hopefully not seen!) in my PJ's taking photos sometimes, so I think crocs, cut off trousers and socks is quite dressed up for the occasion! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I have had a breath of fresh air but remained warm and cosy. I love the snowdrop pictures. We have escaped any snow really, just a dusting but it has been so cold and dry. Me and the girls all have straight hair and it is so static. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you are with your snow and here we are with two sunny days on the trot. It's still bitterly cold though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowdrops are so pretty, especially peeping out through the snow. We have so many garden jobs to do... not going to worry about that yet though. Keep warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No good wearing crocs in the snow, it get's in through the holes. The close reminds me of Purley where it flooded. Snow is still round here though slowly melting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see that someone else like the crocs, I know they don't look very glamorous but aren't they comfy ?
    Lovely shots of snowdrops, soon be real Spring.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely stroll around your garden, the snowdrops are a real delight at this time of year. Mine have disappeared I don't know why unless they are just late!!!! I love the robin, I have a little chap that visits my garden regularly but every time I pick up the camera he disappears, maybe I should buy a permanent fixture like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you wonder if that is why they do call them Snow Drops? because they show up in the worst time & get frozen like that? i do wonder? what cuties. i enjoy your slush. we have had no snow. a bit here and there but nothing that stinks around any length of time. have a lovely week. i appreciate your visits. big big hugs. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  12. your snow drops in the snow are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely little snowfall. My favourite photos are the ones of the snowdrops in the snow. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous! We hardly ever get snow around here! Glad you are working out your picture problems. I know it has been a massive pain. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures. I especially love the pretty snowdrops. Good luck getting everything sorted. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that your blogging problems are getting sorted. It is a complete nightmare isn't it. I agree Bloggers are the best and you are definitely one of them. Stay safe and warm if you can xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wore crocs out in the snow? Amy! What were you thinking of?

    The snow still looks good, and the garden is beginning to show little shoots everywhere. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely snowdrops - ours are still very tightly in bud. I'm looking forward to them opening up!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a Croc's girl too! Mine are in a shade known as 'Celery' very fitting for the veg plot. Love the snowdrops mine never came up, I really must plant more bulbs for next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed all of your photos-we have about that much snow coming in here this afternoon-but it is to be very very cold with high winds-so I got my firewood in for wood stoves and fed the wildlife early today-

    ReplyDelete
  21. I spied the 'attack' robin in an early pic...I sooooooo hoped we'd see a close up...and we did!
    He's fabulous!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such pretty pictures! I hope we get one more snow before winter leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful photos, I love the robin and the snowdrops peeking out of the ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, those snowdrops !! I haven't yet spotted any around here... Maybe there are too many naughty squirrels here ? (We do have a lot of them, now I think about it) I didn't realize they like eating the bulbs !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Amy,
    Lovely snowy pictures. The snow lasted about five minuted in St Ives. I love the pictures of the hardy early Spring bulbs peeping out from their blanket of snow.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. There's still quite a bit of winter left, you may see some more! Stay warm and drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, snow galore and melting away....We have been so lucky to have some temps in the 70's here. Stay warm..

    ReplyDelete
  28. We have had another sunny day, but very cold.. love the photos of the Snowdrops coming up through the snow.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can just feel your garden waking up through your photos friend! Absolutely stunning!! And your snowdrops!!! Wishing you a wonderful day Amy!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really such pretth pictures Amy!!
    And love this little snow like dusting!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely photos, Amy. I doubt we've seen the last of winter yet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your snowdrop photos. All our snow is gone now :(

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely to see the snowdrops - mine seem to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's February, it's snowing and the snowdrops look great. That's why I do like this time of year.

    Then have some warming mushroom soup - just great,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just loved all of your snowy photos Amy, especially the snowdrops! I'm a snow lover to the core and very happy now that I can look outside my windows and see snow everywhere! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the Snowdrops....
    You are a pretty snappy dresser, eh? Hahaha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. You got some great photos! I love the snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the snowdrops - for some reason they won't grow in our garden, I can only have them in pots ...... and even then they quite often won't come up again the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Amy and glad things are getting better for you blogwise. Be careful out in that snow! We're sitting with about 15" right now and it's supposed to snow some more. I love those sweet little snowdrops. I want some of those.
    Hope you're doing well and thank you for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm so glad you have been able to get your blog sorted out and mostly restored. I want to thank you for providing me with a wake up call. I have now backed up my blog, and need to remember to continue to do so on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your snowdrops are fab....can't find mine, not sure where they are! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. There is just something so beautiful and almost magical about pretty green growing things coming up through the snow. Just love your photos - and especially your crocs!! ;)
    Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. The snow is quite beautiful and festive. I'd love to see it from inside my house with a cup of tea in my hand.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow.. snowdrops and parsley.. Can't imagine as we are covered in several feet of snow right now. So glad I came across your blog through Cornish Cream.. Lovely.. I am now your newest follower.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx