Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Well... It was a great day!

Well...  Yesterday was a very exciting day for me!  I met, in person, for the first time ever - that I know of!! - another blogger!  Although I have e-mailed some of you extensively and made great pen pals with you, and you are of course utterly wonderful, and I have spoken to a lovely blogger on the phone - who is incredibly wonderful!! - until yesterday I had never met a real live actual blogger.

Having met my first blogger, I really hope that I will meet lots more of you now.  It was SO exciting.  I was incredibly nervous and so was she.  We had swapped pictures of our crochet brooches - there wasn't a crochet brooch convention going on thankfully!! - and so we knew who we were looking for.  The waitress described us as being on a blind date!  Goodness knows what she thought we were doing.  Probably best not to think about it actually.

We sat and talked and talked and talked for literally hours.  It was amazing.  I don't think that I ever met anyone who can talk as much as me, and it was wonderful!!!!  Those who I e-mail with though will know I can talk a lot in e-mails, and from your replies, I imagine that you can too - I hope that you do!  So, who was this blogger, and how did I know that it was her you are asking.

It was Selma from Eclectic Home and Life!  We decided not to photograph each other or ourselves - which I was more than a teensy big glad about as I was already wondering what the waitress thought of us as I said....  However, I knew it was her because she was wearing the cutest little Scottie Dog crochet brooch.  It looks a bit like this one. 


Except it isn't this one.  Selma's doggie is brown with a creamy edging.  Selma made this one for me!  You can see Selma's in her post about our meeting.  Wasn't that so nice of her to make this.  Of course, I then whipped out my keys to show her the Stanley felty dog (who is looking a bit shabby now!) I made and have on my keys and keyring that I have (if you are a CK person you will know Stanley!) and of course the little Scottie Dog Selma made looks just like Stanley.  How did she know.  I love dogs, especially ones that look like this.  Yes, Teddy and Poppy, that means you!


There are no pictures to show you of the beautiful package, wrapped in red tissue and tied with some lovely red twine - I love twine! - because it would have been far too difficult to wait for that.  You can imagine that part though. 

I had hoped to make something for Selma in red and white Scandinavian Style - because she is, as you will know from her a blog a lover of all things Scandinavian and Norwegian - but time had got away from me.  However, I handed over, with great delight in my heart, my flower brooch that I had been wearing and asked Selma - expert crocheter that she is - not too look at the stitches too closely!  I have never given anyone anything that I have crocheted before apart from a few Christmas trees two Christmasses ago.

 
It was a great meeting, the location was great, close to us both, and wonderful food and drink.  It never occurred to me to book a table for our chosen meeting place, but Selma heard that we would need to because it is really busy.  She managed to secure a table thankfully.  It was very busy, but that was good because everyone was talking so much they didn't notice our gabbling on for ages!  Of course the company was brilliant as well as the food!.  We plan to meet again and I hope that we will be good friends because, well, she is lovely and I think that she liked me too!

So, if you are ever in doubt about meeting a blogger, provided you do it in a public place and tell someone where you are going and who you are meeting - just think about what you would tell your children!! - go for it I say!  (you will understand what I mean here when you read Selma's post!).  If you have half as much fun meeting a blogger as we did yesterday, you will not regret it for one moment!  Thank you for a great time Selma!

Now I am looking forward to meeting some more people.  Blogging is great fun, but it is great to talk in real life too!  Any takers??

Amy

47 comments:

  1. Dear Amy, what a lovely day for a blogger meeting. I have only done it once, and had the same warm and wonderful experience. We also met up in a public area, and it was instant friends! Would you believe, I have a few vintage scottie dog brooches, and have liked them since I was a child, when I had a similar dog called Poochie, an Australian terrier. Then many years later, we had another one for our children. They are the cutest, smartest little dogs. Great post, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you were able to meet, Selma sounds lovely, I shall go and have a look at her blog at once. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, judging by both your posts, you are going to meet again soon, glad you both had a fab timexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has made me go all goosebumpy, reading about our meeting from your point of view mirrors my own. Loved the day, loved everything about it and cannot wait to meet you lots more. Thank you Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be intriguing - but a little scary - to meet a virtual friend in real life! Many of them are probably completely nuts; I'm a squirrel myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like fun! You know I love meeting bloggy peeps - and the first time we had a gathering of local crafty bloggers, I hosted it at my home (with the Hubby in attendance, just in case anyone turned out to be an axe-murderess!) and from the moment we all met, we never stopped nattering. But we did have a little giggle at meeting strangers we'd met over the internet! Hope you can make it in April - and bring Selma too :-)
    Oh and your brooches are both lovely! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Amy
    It's lovely to read about your meeting and how well it went. I took part in a blog swap a year ago, to find that my swap partner lived near me so we arranged to meet for a coffee and swap our parcels in person, which was great fun. We talked a lot too!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just come up for air after reading this post Amy, lol. It looks as though you had such a lovely time. I have often thought about meeting some of the readers but don't have the bottle to do it. Well done you.
    By the way, I love the brooches.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased that you both had a lovely day. I met a couple of bloggers for the first time last year and I believe I made some lasting friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting meet up! I'm glad you both had a wonderful time and enjoyed each other's company. I'm off now to read more about it in Selma's blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit that I've met one of my blogger friends here in Oz and 6 whilst in UK on holiday and its the best. I keep in touch with some via email and just skyped one on Tuesday which was awesome. My blogging has opened a whole new world for me. Glad you enjoyed your meeting and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amy, sounds like you had a great time. I have not met any bloggers at all, I think a few are near me as well. Maybe we could have a blog gathering somewhere in between us all???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I met up with some other bloggers too yesterday - it must have been the day for it! It's a great thing to do, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It IS so much fun to meet other bloggers! So glad you and Selma had such a wonderful visit! And, exchange of lovely gifts! Here's to your next meeting!! =) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great time. If I was little nearer I would love to meet you, maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear aunty Amy, we are so pleased you had a lovely time meeting your blogging chum and even more that she gave you a brooch that looks like us! We have been arguing which of us it looks more like - mum solved the debate by saying both of us :-). Lots of love from T and P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful Amy!! How fortunate that you were able to meet a fellow blogger, and how I wish we could meet one day too! I had a peek at Selma's post too, and you got to meet in such a beautiful village. I'm so jealous of that. The brooches you both exchanged are adorable, and I love that you used them as your identity badges! Glad you both got on well and that you were able to find just a little bit in common to talk about ;) I hope you're able to enjoy meeting others soon! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely to meet another blogger. I know there are several within a reasonable distance from me here in Texas (because it is a huge state), so hope to initiate a meeting sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like y'all had a great time. The brooches are so cute. Such a perfect gift to give each other. Thanks for sharing your meeting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear you both had such a lovely time when you met up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds great fun, I met 2 "virtual friends" and we broke all the rules, I went to one house and someone came to mine. But it was fine and I think that meeting is a grand idea. If anyone can get to my part of Wales I am happy to meet up,

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely meeting you had with Selma, I am so glad you had such a great time together! Your brooches are gorgeous......I love both the flower posy and the cute little dog!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun. I was able to meet one of my favorite bloggers at the end of 2013, she and her daughter traveled to Savannah, GA for a week and then on to New Orleans. It was great. Just like you said, we talked and talked and talked.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad your meeting went well Amy it's great to meet like minded folk people that you have things in common with.None of my usual friends blog or live in blogland like I do, they have no love of computers or spending hours on the net looking at patterns or reading blogs, nor do they craft that much. I have never met a blogger but I have met ladies from loving hands in fact we meet up every month and have become great friends. I love the little dog and the flower posy, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I will let you know I don't mind where we meet up as long as there's cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is exciting! I have met one bloggy friend like that, but I flew to Florida to spend three days with her on a vacay. I flew from Texas and she from Chicago! We had a good time, but I do understand the nervousness completely. It wasn't long before we were chatting away like old friends. Glad you got to experience meeting someone new and it all went well. Friends are treasures. Love both of the brooches!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm happy that your meeting with Selma went so well and that you two hit it off. I have met 4 bloggers in person, one being in the nearby city but I didn't know her before. They are all wonderful people and we enjoyed our meet ups immensely. I'm going to pop over to her blog for a visit. We've already had a chat through email comments last week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Isn't meeting a blogger friend in person the greatest. I've have the honor to meet several now, and even had Martha from NY stay in our home for a few days. Another blogger and I found we had been married by the same preacher several years apart. Small small world... I love that you had such a good time. I met one blogger years ago, and we didn't click....but that OK..she moved on and so did I.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So glad you hit it off. When I met up with some fellow bloggers a couple of years ago it was just like meeting some old friends! And what a lovely pair of brooches they are (of course your Christmas trees still make an appearance each year!) Keep warm x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, how fabulous! It's lovely to meet bloggers 'we know'...I've been lucky enough to meet three over the years.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad you enjoyed your meeting with Selma. If I lived nearer I'd love a meet up too. I've met one bloggy friend who lives close by and we see each other often. We all enjoy our like minded friendships with our blogging friends and I think we're comfortable with what we know about them. Loved be brooches too. P x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad that it all went well! I have now met several bloggers and they have all been lovely ....... and of course I have had the biggest thrill of meeting up with two very special bloggy friends in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is always fun meeting a fellow blogger, sometimes a surprise too, if they don't match the image in your mind. So glad you had a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well you know I'd LOVE to meet you, and one day I may just have to come to Basildon Park to visit the history and to meet you too! It would be so much fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so pleased your meeting went well. I've met lots of bloggers now and can confidently say they were all lovely and fun to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've met one other blogger in real life, and was hoping to meet more at Yarndale.... :o(
    One day I'll meet the ones closest to me and then I'll meet the ones far away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It sounds so lovely, I can't see any of your pictures though xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sounds like you had a great time, Amy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So wonderful you were able to have a get together, off to read Selma post now, I think both the brooches are very pretty.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. How nice.....what did you have for lunch? Hahaha!
    Seriously.....must have been so nerve wracking thinking about it before....
    Two ladies chatting....sounds wonderful!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Amy

    How exciting for you to meet up with Selma, and have a wonderful day.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Amy meeting up with another blogger-that is really lovely! Your brooches are so gorgeous-I love doing brooches too but not as beautiful as yours and Selma's yet!. You must have had so much to talk about, what a lovely day it must have been! I will check out Selma's b log
    Best wishes
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely, exciting day you both had! I love your brooches too. I've not met any other bloggers yet, but I'd like to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. glad you had a lovely time, bloggers are lovely in real life too x

    ReplyDelete
  44. I just knew it would go perfectly. Selma is so wonderful. So glad you had a great time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. It is always such a strange experience meeting a fellow blogger as you are meeting a stranger but you know so much about them that after that initial hello it's just like seeing an old friend. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Glad your bloggy meet up went well, I will visit Selma's blog too, to read all about it. I recently met a bloggy friend for the first time, and we were both extremely nervous but we got on very well and are planning to meet again next month. Like some of your other commenters, I didn't tell my children, as it would have rather negated my constant warnings about online friendships! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx