Saturday, 13 December 2014

Christmas kindess

The bounds of bloggers knows no kindness in my view.  As you know I organised a Christmas Card Swap at the start of the month, and I swapped cards with several people and have also received some others from bloggers that I have been in touch with.  Your kindness is wonderful.  Thank you all!  Thank you as well to those of you who took part in the card swap, I know that cards have been winging their way around the world and I hope that it has bought some joy to your lives.


This week I was also overwhelmed to win a giveaway from the wonderful Gina at Fan My Flame.  Gina is a textile artist and she also teaches her art to others, she is very talented and makes the most wonderful things.

The giveaway was for one of Gina's beautiful Christmas crackers.  Isn't beautiful!  I love how it shimmers and can only imagine how much work it took to make this.  The cracker has now taken its place on our Christmas tree and it looks so lovely there.  I haven't taken pictures of the tree yet, but I will show you the cracker in situ when I do.  It will be part of the special decorations that I bring out each year.



Of course it was wonderful to receive this cracker from Gina, but I was so surprised when I saw that Gina had included one of her lovely robins in the package too!  He is very cute isn't he!!  I love the dangly legs.


Thank you Gina so much for your wonderful cracker and the robin too!

Thank you all for your cards and kindness throughout the year!

Amy

22 comments:

  1. It was fun to take part!
    That cracker...is a 'cracker'!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful giveaway the cracker is certainly a work of art, a stunning piece. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on your tree. I really enjoyed the card swap thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kindness of others is often amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwww...such a sweet robin! That CRACKER is amazing!!!!! She is very talented.

    All your cards look so pretty! I see mine made it in there too. ;-) It had a long trip across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that christmas cracker !! It is just gorgeous !!
    And the cute little red robin with his christmas boots just makes you smile, doesn't he :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've received some beautiful cards and the cracker and robin are really lovely. I've known nothing but kindness from other bloggers, it's such a wonderful community to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Next year when I am not working I hope to be able to do more swapping and writing. The cracker and the robin are absolutely wonderful. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy! What nice and pretty cards and the cracker is so pretty! I love all the sparkly. The little bird is so cute. I made a lot of seasonal felt ornaments for my little granddaughter's white tree and this is so cute. I like the dangly legs too. Oh, I appreciate, always, your visits to see me and 'I' am the lady who crocheted the Nativity! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is lovely! I sent mine dear but I know take some day my card arrive to England especially in Christmas!
    I love the cracker!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift from Gina and so well made. I'm glad that the Xmas card swap has been a success. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wrappings and homemade cards are a bit of an anomaly these days. We got a blanket email message from some friends the other day...sort of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous cracker, you're right, a lot of work went into that, I can see why you'll treasure it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Christmas cracker is just gorgeous, good for you with that win.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for organising the swap. It was lovely to discover two new blogging friends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gina is so talented! I love both of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cracker is absolutely beautiful, Gina is so talented

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for organising the swap. And the Robin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you received some beautiful cards and gifts! It's so much fun to receive little gifts in the mail, especially when they're a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right back at ya Amy!!! So glad you have been showered with sweet gifts friend!!! It is all so lovely!!!! I am just getting back to my blog today as I was sick again this week.....getting my energy back finally!!! Hugs to you and merry wishes!!! Nicole xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy you liked the cracker and robin Amy. It was my pleasure. And thanks for your very kind words. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the cracker so much detail, and the robin is so cuteXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx