Saturday, 29 November 2014

Liebster Award

Recently the lovely Jodie from Lupey Loops kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award.  As I explained in this post, I am always very grateful to receive awards and to take part in answering the questions, but I don't chose specific blogs to pass any awards on to.  However, I would love to invite you to take part and answer Jodie's questions as well!  If you decide to have a go, leave me a link in the comments and I will pop by and read your answers!

Thank you so much Jodie for nominating me for this award, I really do appreciate it.  Make sure that you go and visit Jodie's lovely blog too!

Ok, so, on to the questions!

1. Why do you keep a blog?
 
I like to read other peoples blogs and see what they have been up to and to get inspiration for crafting and other ideas and I was inspired to take part and have a go myself!
 
2. How did you decide upon your blog name?
 
Well, I love my home, and it is love that made my home, my blog is about my home, so it just all seemed to fit really!
 
3. What is/are your favourite creative pursuit(s)* or hobbies?
 
I think that the header of my blog says it all really!  Crafting, homemaking, gardening, travel, depending on the day or the weather really!
 
4. How has technology affected your creative pursuit(s) and hobbies?
 
Learning to crochet via the internet has been a wonderful thing for me, I really enjoy it so much and would never have done it without the internet.
 
5. What has been your favourite creative project so far?
 
Whatever I am working on at the time!  Right now I am trying to finish a shawl - it should be done today I hope.  That is my favourite right now....
 
6. What are your favourite colours?
 
I wear denim jeans a lot, so as far as clothes go, anything that goes with denim blue.  Otherwise, I tend to the neutral tones and then add spots of colour in accessories, both in the home and garden.
 
7. What are your favourite clothes?
 
Oh, I should have read this one before I answered number six.  Jeans and in summer my birkenstocks, not really very fashionable perhaps but very comfy in both cases!
 
8. What's your preference: indoor or outdoor?
 
Winter = indoors, Summer = outdoors!  Best of both worlds that way.
 
9. What are your current reads?
 
Christmas magazines.  I have rather over shopped on them I fear and now that December is here on Monday I am trying to read them all!  I have also spent quite a lot of time poring over the pattern for my shawl to make sure that it get it right.  Not sure that counts as reading though!  I am of course always reading blogs too!
 
10. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
 
If I could go back in time I would love to meet Lady Iliffe who owned and restored the house where I work, she died before I started work there, but I think that she would have been a fascinating person to talk to.  As far as someone who is alive right now I would love to meet a really great gardener and have them come round and advise me on what to do and plant in my garden.  That would be really interesting.

 
11. What are your plans for 2015?
 
Some years ago we drew up a five year plan, but we have been rubbish at sticking to it.  One of the things was to go on holiday to Norway, so perhaps I might look into that for 2015.  I would also like to get a new lounge room carpet and to finish some of my WIP's and other crafting projects that are waiting in the wings.  Most of all I want to enjoy life and my husband's company and to spend time doing happy things.  I would also like to worry less.  I worry about how other people are, I am always terrified that I have offended someone or upset someone or other and it would be amazing to overcome that fear.  Sounds as though I have just come up with some new years resolutions!
 
Thank you again Jodie for nominating me for this and some great thought provoking questions!
 
I look forward to reading your answers dear readers, so go on, have a go!
 
Amy

18 comments:

  1. Oh I so identify with 'worry less'! Maybe they'll invent a pill to cure it! Norway would be fabulous-maybe 2015 will be the year for that. Thanks for blogging it brightens my day reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love reading your answers, gives a little insight to you and your blog. I have been pretty rubbish about blogging just lately feel like I have lost my mojo, but would love to take part, might give me the kick start I need. I too can relate to the worrying bit - I often wonder if I have said or done something wrong, silly really but can't be helped. Lorna from lovinglyhandmadebylorna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - it's always nice to get to know someone a little better. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to find out a little more about people through posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very interesting Amy and I can certainly relate to some of your fears in No.11. I'm the same. Loved learning a little more about you. I'll jot down the questions and think about it. Hope you are having a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kind of posts, so interesting. I'd really like to worry less too, if you find the secret do let me know! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great answers and really interesting to read these little insights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plans (in our lives - Husband n me) tend to deviate from the original ...so we tend to use them more as guidelines :) ! interesting post - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoying reading these kind of posts, it feels like we get to know you a little better :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading your answers Amy! I am with you on the denim!!! And I hope that you do take that trip to Norway!!! Sorry I am behind in reading....the stomach flu made its way into our house this week!!! Happy weekend to you friend!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love finding out a bit more about you, Amy! I taught myself to crochet, too (before technology - from a magazine). Have a lovely weekend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so shockingly behind on leaving comments! I enjoy thee types of posts, it's always lovely to find out a little more about each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go to Norway in 2015 Amy - my eldest son and his family lived there for 5 years - it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy, thank you for the lovely compliments and thank you for participating in the Liebster Award.
    I have enjoyed getting to know you a bit better and it is interesting to know that we are both jeans people.
    Dress for comfort (but with style). I have friends in Norway and from what I have learned from them, it is a very beautiful and fascinating country. If you do go, I will be keenly checking for your happy snaps and blogging of your travels.
    I am so glad the internet gave you the opportunity to learn crochet and that you are enjoying it so much - can't wait to see your finished shawl.
    The idea of meeting a good gardener for some advice is a great one! That's something useful for you and me both!
    I am glad that the last question killed two birds with one stone by helping you make some resolutions!
    Thanks for taking time to share. I look forward to visiting the blogs of those who pick up your challenge to give their answers to these questions. Cheers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amy.....
    Interesting facts.....try not to be so hard on yourself.....relax and enjoy!
    Plan that trip to Norway!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fascinating read Amy, love having a little more insight. As to Norway, you really should go, it is beautiful, but then I am very biased ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to learn more about you. Thanks for telling us. We crusied to Norway about two years ago and really loved it. We'd like to go back again some time. It's expensive but such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These were such great questions, and I loved reading your answers! Your "worry" comments...okay, I confess that I worry that you might not know how much I appreciate you and your blog, because I am so inconsistent with commenting! I'm so glad you share your corner of the world across the pond with me! Thank you for being you, Amy! *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx