Friday, 16 May 2014

Five on Friday

There are lots of different ideas for gathering and sharing a weeks worth of photos, happy things, fun things, random facts about yourself or memories of different kinds in blogland.  Earlier in the year I thought about whether or not to join or start one working on of these.  After some consideration I started my jar of happy.  Although it is nice to write little notes of happy to myself I don't get to share them with you.

Also there are little things, little moments that I capture and like to remember which are not really a post of  their own.  I guess that some people would share these on other forms of social media, but as I don't use any of those I cannot share them in that way.

After some thought I came up with an idea of Five on Friday, inspired by Gillian at Tales from a Happy House.  I will share five (or so!) things on a Friday that are either happy things, or just things that don't quite fit somewhere else.  I might not manage it every week, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

********************

So, here we go, Five on Friday!

1.  I finally figured out how to crop photos using the photo program on my computer!!  (I only got this computer in January..........)  It was totally by chance that I worked it out and I am still not sure if I am doing it properly, but it is so much easier than using Picassa to do the cropping.  I don't edit any photos in any other way, what I take is what you get, but I do trim them down a bit to get rid of things around the edges.


Not cropped


Cropped

2.  Another look at my first mini bouquet from my garden, they are so pretty they deserve another look I think!


3.  My no two the same is coming along slowly but surely.



4.  This little bunny was another Mollie Makes kit make, it didn't go to plan.  The ears were too small to turn inside out so I unpicked it and sewed it up this way instead.  He doesn't look very happy and someone who shall remain nameless hubby has made some comments about him looking scary and having too big a tail!  Charming hey.  I will pop him in the Easter decorations box and see how I feel about him next year.  Or I might use him as a pin cushion - ouch!!  Not my best make ever, but I share the rough and the smooth here!




5.  How is it that the rhubarb that came up first looks like this.


The one that was missing in action for so long looks like this?  Why? 


I picked some from the bigger one in the hope that it might encourage the smaller one.  It has made no difference.


And finally....  I have been amazed at the response to my post on Wednesday about my 10 random things and mainly the interest in the Pavlova.  Because of this kind interest I am preparing a post for next week with some pictures, explanation and recipes which I hope will answer all of your Pav questions.  Please bear with me, it is coming!

Thank you as always for stopping by, commenting, following - welcome to newcomers - and your kindness.  I hope that you know how much you are appreciated.

Amy

30 comments:

  1. I actually remember the post and thought it was a great idea at the time, I even thought about having my own jar of thanks. Unfortunately real life takes over and I never really have time for everything I want to do. My husband and I both laugh since we have both took early retirement how we ever had time to go to work. I am still in love with the mini bouquet and did do the same. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, I love your five on Friday idea as somewhere to put little things that would be a small post on their own. I've just done a post on cow parsley with a completely random bit about tea on the end!!! I must learn to do more with my photos, like you what you see is what I take. I like the effect of the sunlight on your mandala. I think you little bunny is sweet, please don't stick pins in him (I'm feeling tearful already!). Don't know the answer to your rhubarb, perhaps it's just feeling a little crowded out by the other one? Have a lovely weekend, sorry I haven't visited for a while. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely happy Friday post, and I love the bunny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me happier just reading it.
    Lovely things to be happy about.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rhubarb. I really should grow some. Your 'no two the same' are coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I don't think the bunny looks scary, perhaps a little sad. He's probably wondering why he's going to be packed away for a year, I say keep him out and give him pride of place. Your blanket's going to be gorgeous, you've used such lovely colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rhubarb is really having an off day...poor thing.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your Five on Friday idea - it makes for a fun post. I think your bunny looks surprised. I will anxiously be waiting for the pavlova post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your happies are wonderful Amy!!! I need to link up to this fun party! I am loving that bunny and that sweet vignette you created with him! And that bouquet put a smile on my face...so great to see flowers from your garden in a pretty vase! AND HOLY RHUBARB!!!! WOW!!! I would say that all of your makings are just fantastic! Happy making pal! And a wonderful weekend to you!!!! I can't wait for that recipe!!! :)))) Nicole xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of five on Friday. Your bunny reminded me of a gingerbread man I made and I still have doubts about him, but I liked your bunny's tail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to your pavlova post :-)

    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! Your pictures are fab - you have a good eye for colour! I've had a computer for YEARS and I'm still finding out things I didn't know!!! Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blanket is looking really good.
    Not that it helps, but my rhubarb has gone like yours - I have no idea what happened.
    Maybe your bunny should sit with my Huggie Bunnie?! I need to work on the facial features. And I never blogged about the chick I made - it was just too scary!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good choice of 5 Amy....great cropping!
    I must admit I do cropping as well...sometimes some "odd" things in the background!
    Looking forward to your latest pics of your garden....
    Have a great weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely load of happies 5 for 5
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I think your bunny is cute. If anything, he looks a little shy to me. I'm sure he'll do you proud in the Easter display next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the happy Friday idea. I haven't made my bunny yet, he is still residing with the other free kits I haven't made. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your mandala - is it your own pattern?? I have just made my first one and I really enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna, thank you, you are so kind. Yes, it is my own pattern, a make it up (with a lot of ripping back) as I went along. I am not very good at following rules and therefore patterns, so I tend to invent things. Glad to hear that you are joining the mandala makers, I look forward to seeing yours soon! xx

      Delete
  19. Really loving your blanket! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's a great idea to capture your happy things, it's good to look back on too, and they will make you happy all over again. Have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy things on Friday - what a great idea, Amy! I love your yellow bunny - he is cute and quirky, and I do hope he comes out again next year. It took me years to learn how to crop a picture, but I'm glad I learnt. As you say, you can get rid of the unnecessaries around the edges... Your crotchet is perfection - I am still working on mine :) Happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia, you are so kind. Glad you liked bunny! Hope that you are having a good weekend. xx

      Delete
  22. I like these happy posts! Your blanket is looking great and the wee posy of garden flowers is very sweet.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, I hope that all is well with you. xx

      Delete
  23. Five on Friday is a good idea and you have chosen five lovely things that reflect your week! The bunny is cute and your rhubarb is looking good. For some reason I must have missed your 10 random things post so I'm off to have a read now:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bunny has a startled look-poor bunny! I hope you like rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really enjoyed your happies and particularly hubby's comments about the rabbit! Your mandala is lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did a great job of cropping your photo, Amy. The quality has not altered at all, and your mandala is wonderful! You are so clever. I loved the first photo and then saw the second... wow! Well, I like the bunny, ha ha! He looks cute to me. :) Do you think all the goodness from the soil is going into the other rhubard? Perhaps it would be better in a different plot? I never understand why some things thrive, and others don't - it is a mystery! I hope you get it sorted soon though. Have a great weekend, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving the five on Friday idea and here is to cropping, oh what a difference a crop makes. I am super impressed with your rhubarb, I suppose its what happens when you live a little further down south and as for the sweet bunny, you know the things that take the most work and cause frustration are often the things we love the most. BTW when I said I was finally catching up, I have just started and golly help me, there is a fair amount of reading to do, so excuse me if I am not going to comment on each post. Enjoy your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx