Friday, 4 October 2013

Feeling autumny

Yesterday was a bit of a crummy day, so when I came home with a large bunch of leaves picked up from the garden centre, I decided not to wait for the weekend and I turned them into this.


Even though I say so myself, I do think it looks lovely on the door.  Hubby wanted to know where I had bought it from.  I resisted giving him a thump as it was actually a compliment, although he didn't mean it like that!


Today I bought a bunch of autumny colour crysanths,

 
some little munchkins,

 

a few little pumpkin choccies and I am feeling more autumny and more cheery,


and some very cute little pumpkin lights.

 

I was amazed that I could find anything autmny or halloweenish, as my local shops seem to be ignoring halloween this year.


Not a sign of anything in my local supermarket apart from the munchkins and some whopper sized pumpkins - plenty of christmas already though, grrrrrrr.


We had the boiler serviced a few weeks ago, much to the gas man's disappointment our ancient boiler is still fit and well and still doesn't need any work - ha to him! - but he delighted in telling us that our C02 alarm was "out of date".  Apparently these things have a use by date.  We also got told off for not having one in the lounge for the gas fire.


Two new C02 alarms and three new smoke alarms later we are ahead of the game as I don't have to do my usual autumn job of going round replacing the batteries in them!  Just have to make a trip to dispose of all the old ones and the old batteries now.  I would rather be safe than sorry though.


So, at the risk of sounding like your mother, check your alarms, make sure they are not past their use by date (it is printed inside) and change the batteries.  I would hate for you to be told off like we were, and even worse for your alarms not to work if anything were to happen!

 

Now, I am thinking that pineapple upside down pudding might be what I need to make this afternoon, so I'm off to see if the glace cherries are in date since I last used them at christmas!!

Amy

12 comments:

  1. How splendid AMY! Love your wreath, that is a great idea for the autumn. Great inspiration. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, thank you! I am pleased with how it turned out as I was worried it might look a bit plain with all leaves, but somehow it seems better for being all one thing. Perhaps I need to learn the art of simplicity!

      Delete
  2. Lovely autumn colours! Your leaf wreath looks fabulous! Such a great idea and it looks perfect on the door.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. I didn't realise how well the colour went with the door until I hung it up, sometimes fate works well! xx

      Delete
  3. That wreath is totally amazing, if my Pinterest account was actually working properly, I would be pinning that! Love the little pumpkin lights too, very cute, my girls would love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Leanne! When I saw the lights I had to have them. xx

      Delete
  4. Everything is looking lovely and fallish by you! I like your wreath very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer sometimes you need to change things up a bit don't you!

      Delete
  5. That looks great!
    You are away ahead of me...as far as decorating goes!
    Are those real leaves???
    It really looks great!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda they are real leaves, they are coloured somehow I think. I will look forward to seeing your decorating! Bet it will be fabulous. Happy weekend. xx

      Delete
  6. Your Autumn wreath looks brilliant, love the colour of the leaves :)
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally. Hope you have a good weekend. xx

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx