Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Curtain post do over - I hope with photos!!

OK, so, this post is a do over from yesterday.  Somehow half of the photos went missing between being posted and the post appearing with all of you!

No idea where they went or why, and I am not going to figure it out.  I didn't want to delete the post because then I would lose all of your lovely comments, and they are the best bit of blogging!

So, if you want to see the comments from this post see here.

Otherwise, read on and you can see the pictures (I hope, she grimaces!) this time.

If you're not bothered don't worry, I won't mind!

*******************

We were able to order some new curtains earlier in the year for our lounge and dining room. We were so excited, it was the first time we had ordered curtains, and we would have curtains that fitted the windows properly for the first time too.

We looked at lots of options. We really wanted these, but they cost... well, you can imagine!


So, we chose this fabric.


To replace these.


We measured, ordered, and waited. It is amazing how long a week is when you are waiting for something isn't it.

They arrived. We hung the first pair.


We congratulated ourselves on our great choice, they looked fab, they fitted, we were so happy.

Onto the second pair, they looked great, they went all the way across the doors, no gap in the middle.


Then we looked down. Oh no....


If you order made to measure curtains that is it, no returns! So, two choices, order some more, or make the best of it.

Now, when we took down the old curtains, I was horrified to see how grubby the bottoms of this pair of curtains were. I am blaming it on the fact that we have these doors open all summer and the old curtains would blow outside and drag on the door frame (and I am sticking to that excuse by the way!).

So, a stripe along the bottom would be a double problem solver, it would cover the gap, and disguise the grub that comes in from outside. I found this lovely soft grey fabric which went well with the leaves.

After a bit of fiddling around, voila, one grey stripe along the bottom.


Now, do I tell people that this is because I can't measure windows or because the bottoms of my curtains get filthy...


I reckon I will go with it being a deliberate decorative style choice.

Amy

14 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the Dandelion Clocks fabric, but love what you have chosen. Great fix up on the lounge pair too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have just done another post with some cushions if you want a look - you might like the fabric! xx

      Delete
  2. Much better....
    They look great!
    I am glad you got it sorted out...keep an eye on your Picasa album...if you have too many pics, and they are too big...it will not let you upload anymore...happened to me twice...I was freaking out!!!
    So...when you clean out the Picasa, it removes them from the post....just sayin'...

    Enjoy your evening..♥
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEK Linda - don't scare me!! I've just done another post about some cushions - let me know what you think!

      Delete
    2. Brilliant decision to add the grey fabric Amy, I really love your choice of fabric too, its gorgeous xxx Penny

      Delete
  3. Glad to see the pictures back! I think that the grey border really grounds the curtains. Looks great! I love the print too. Bravo. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie, I'm glad I got them back too! Now they have been up for a few days I think that I might actually like them more than my first choice of fabric. xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you got the curtain problem sorted with the extra hem added. Both patterns are pretty, but the second choice is just as nice and a lot cheaper! Sometimes you just have to compromise in life. I like that page in a certain newspaper supplement where they show the expensive item and another very similar at half the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we have the curtains up and I have resolved that little situation (ahem!) I think that I actually like these more than I would have liked the first choice as these are a little more unusual I think! I like those compare and contrast articles too, I often find I like the look of the cheaper items!! xx

      Delete
  5. Your curtains look brilliant, as if you planned it. Well done! I'm in the middle of curtain problem-solving, too ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fiona, I'll look forward to seeing what you have been up to with curtains when you are done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a genius solution AND improvement on the intended style! Well done, you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx