No idea where they went or why, and I am not going to figure it out. I didn't want to delete the post because then I would lose all of your lovely comments, and they are the best bit of blogging!
So, if you want to see the comments from this post see here.
Otherwise, read on and you can see the pictures (I hope, she grimaces!) this time.
If you're not bothered don't worry, I won't mind!
We were able to order some new curtains earlier in the year for our lounge and dining room. We were so excited, it was the first time we had ordered curtains, and we would have curtains that fitted the windows properly for the first time too.
We looked at lots of options. We really wanted these, but they cost... well, you can imagine!
So, we chose this fabric.
To replace these.
We measured, ordered, and waited. It is amazing how long a week is when you are waiting for something isn't it.
They arrived. We hung the first pair.
We congratulated ourselves on our great choice, they looked fab, they fitted, we were so happy.
Onto the second pair, they looked great, they went all the way across the doors, no gap in the middle.
Then we looked down. Oh no....
If you order made to measure curtains that is it, no returns! So, two choices, order some more, or make the best of it.
Now, when we took down the old curtains, I was horrified to see how grubby the bottoms of this pair of curtains were. I am blaming it on the fact that we have these doors open all summer and the old curtains would blow outside and drag on the door frame (and I am sticking to that excuse by the way!).
So, a stripe along the bottom would be a double problem solver, it would cover the gap, and disguise the grub that comes in from outside. I found this lovely soft grey fabric which went well with the leaves.
After a bit of fiddling around, voila, one grey stripe along the bottom.
Now, do I tell people that this is because I can't measure windows or because the bottoms of my curtains get filthy...
I reckon I will go with it being a deliberate decorative style choice.