Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Wordy Wednesday

Blogging has been a funny thing in the just over two months that I have been blogging here.  I have "met" lots of new people and connected with others whose blogs I have read for some time, but never before had the courage to comment.  It has been really great and I am loving it.

Thank you so much for joining with me, reading, commenting and replying to my comments to you!  All I need now is about 100 extra hours a day to do all the things that I would love to try from all of your blogs.  What a lovely problem to have though.  I cannot complain about this.

Now that I am "up and running" I can't imagine what took me so long.  So silly isn't it how we don't do things and then wonder why we didn't.  Oh well, I am sure that it is one of those universal situations that we all have from time to time.

I commented recently on a couple of blogs, and here, about "braveness".  I guess that starting blogging was about braveness.  I needed some.  The point was proved though, just get on and do it, stop worrying about what might happen and DO IT - I have to keep repeating it!!  I did finally, and the world didn't fall in - funny that, why would a blog cause the world to collapse - but there you go.

"Things" are still up and down, and I know that there is more to come, but, I am feeling braver and I wanted to thank you, my readers and commenter's, for helping my braveness.  You are all great and I want you to know that and to know that I hope that you are brave too.  Now, all I need is the patience fairy to come and land on my shoulders on the stressful days and stay there - she visited once for about half a day, it was wonderful until she flew off again.  Any suggestions on how to tempt in a patience fairy - it is not practical for me to wear flowers in my hair!!

I need to stop over thinking a few other things and just do them, so think of me in the next few months and send the patience fairy if you see her and don't need her yourself (keep her if you do, I believe she likes cake!).

In the spirit of DOING IT and not over thinking I decided that I needed to quit one of my jobs as it was (warranted or not) causing me stress and I was not enjoying it.  I didn't "need" to do it, hubby said quit, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

However, I quit earlier this week and so far the world has not collapsed due to that either!  I realised that it was totally the right decision as I was actually telling my boss and there were no "we'll miss you", "thanks for everything" or "hope it all works out" comments, so I think that must mean that all my thoughts about the situation I felt I was in were, despite what lots of other people said, correct.

I have two more weeks to go and then I am done with it.  I wish that I would miss it, because I have loved my work, but I fear that I am not going to miss it at all, which is very sad to me.  Oh well, I will find something else, because I am not a sit around and do nothing sort.  Only downside I see so far is that hubby will be hoping for more home cooking!  Not a problem as I got two new cookbooks for my birthday and have not tried a thing from them yet.

Thank you again for sharing, braveness and lots of fun.  Loving it and I hope that you are too.

Take lots of care of yourself.

Amy

12 comments:

  1. Bravo Amy!!!
    Funny how YOU know things aren't quite right, but it is sometimes difficult to convey that to others...
    I am sure you have made the right decision..:o)
    Now you will have more time for more blogging!!!
    Was this the job at the fabulous mansion?
    What are your interests at work?
    I quit about 16 years ago, when my younger brother died...and I have never looked back...
    I am sure your hubby will LOVE the cooking!!
    Mine sure does! ha!
    Enjoy your day...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda. It has taken me ages to make the decision, then when I made it I knew it was right and I feel really happy about it! I am still at the "fabulous mansion"!! In fact I was there today, and went round early taking photos for a post I have coming up. I can't really say much about what it was that I gave up, but whatever I do or don't do next it will be totally different that is for sure!! I am looking forward to doing more blogging and I might try and get "out and about" more and do some posts about that, we will have to see. No plans yet, just waiting to see where things take me...

    Love Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Amy. I hope it brings peace to your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahnk you Jennifer, I do feel very at peace with my decision. Sad that I made it in some ways as I said in my post, but I know that it was the right thing to do. Scary though!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you're making some positive changes, and I'm sure you'll be all the happier for it! Being brave and making changes can be so scary, but you have support all around you. Go for it! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly scary Chrissie, but somehow less scary actually doing it than it is thinking about it! Weird huh. I do feel much better for making a decision and as I have said above I am really happy with my decision (if scared!). No idea what will happen or not next, but we will find out when it arrives!! Thanks for your support, much appreciated. Amy x

      Delete
  5. Very brave of you to quit a stressful job. THink of how it will extend your life to be less stressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, not sure if it will extend my life, but it will give me more time to do other things, so it will feel extended that is for sure!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your blogging. It's fun and it inspires too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha for your comment, blogging is fun isn't it!

      Delete
  7. I love that you reached out to comment on my blog! I'm happy to know you and to know more about you through your blog! Keep up the good work and know that I'm thrilled to be reading along!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Janet I am thrilled to read your blog, so what goes around comes around doesn't it - I hope that I can keep you as interested as you keep me!

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx