Thursday, 5 September 2013

Skiving

I am supposed to be spending today working at home, doing all the stuff that I should have done over the summer, but instead I have avoided it.


This morning I visited blog land - very nice, lots to see, read and comment on.  A very enjoyable couple of hours - skiving!!


Then I decided that I really must go into town to get something (I will show you what I got soon).  Now this was a bit of an adventure for me.  I often go into town, but the road I normally use is closed for roadworks at the moment.  So this meant going a different way.  I had to use a road that I have avoided for most of the last 5 years.  Almost exactly 5 years ago I was off to do some shopping one day and someone hit my car.  They not only denied it was their fault, they denied there was any accident or damage.  Eventually my court action resolved the issue, but it took a long time.  Although my car's dents were repaired, my confidence was dented for a long long time afterwards.


I avoided the road for about 3 years.  Even if hubby drove that way I hated it, and I never drove that way.  Since then I have driven that way a couple of times with hubby, but not alone.  Today, I decided - in the spirit of braveness - and because I could not use the normal road, to go into town that way.  I was very nervous, but I went and came back, and I survived.  More skiving completed!


A load or two of laundry on - skiving!


I have scooped all the stuff off my desk and put it into a basket and am supposed to be sitting on the sofa going through it all and writing the reports that I need for a meeting tonight (agggggghhhhhh!).  Instead, I am writing a blog post to ya'll!!  Even more skiving!!


So, I better go and get on with my pile of stuff and write my reports and do some work.  If you see me again in the next 3 hours tell me to go away and do some work - please!


Hope that you are having a happy sunny Thursday.  It is lovely here, I could go outside and see the garden..........


Amy

12 comments:

  1. I'm very good at "skiving" I do believe it is a condition. By admitting it as I have just done we are now on the road to recovery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I suspect that I am beyond redemption when it comes to skiving! I hope that you recover very soon though!!!!

      Delete
  2. Amy, I enjoyed the photos - I've been pretty much "skiving" today myself! Sounds like you, Elaina and I might need to start a support group for skivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could join that club!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will gladly have you Linda, trouble is I am not convinced that you are a skiver, you are always up to something! Can you sit still for long enough? You could be a sitting on the dock skiving member!!

      Delete
  4. I am pretty good at procrastinating too! It is normal and healthy...!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you do have all those crafting projects to take care of, and books to read, and ....!!

      Delete
  5. I did the same thing, avoiding a road where I had an accident for years. Something made me drive that way again one day, and now I always choose that route, although I've had a few close shaves at the identical spot.
    Hope you got your marking done. We are having lovely spring weather, which is very distracting when there's work to be done ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that you had a bad experience, but impressed that you choose to go that way on purpose. We are onto autumn of course here now, but it is so nice about blogging because you can be having one season where you live and watch another one somewhere else!

      Delete
  6. Skiving is a new word for me, I think we might say "slacking" as a similar meaning. I'm proud of you for driving on that road! I know how you felt and it's great that you did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that over here "slacking" is similar to "skiving". I like to think of skiving as doing other things to avoid what you are supposed to be doing and slacking as not bothering to do anything - hark at me trying to justify myself! Thank you for the lovely support about the road.

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx