Sunday, 29 September 2013

Holiday

Hello, did you notice that I have been away for the last week?  Hopefully if my efforts to work out how to schedule posts to publish whilst I was away meant you didn't.  (notice I was away that is!).  You kept commenting, so you must have been reading something!!

Anyway, Hubby and I have been away on our hols - to Sorrento in Italy.

I could give you a long explanation for why I didn't tell you, but it isn't very interesting to anyone else, so let's move on.  I'm back now and ready to share all that I saw and did - yay!  I am sure that what we did is more interesting than why I didn't tell before.  I know you will forgive me for holding out on you!

We had a great time, lots of food, wine, relaxing, a little culture, a very dodgy taxi ride - the driver dropped my suitcase on my foot after he had an argument with the hotel porter about how to stack our cases in the taxi!!

I have no photos to share as yet because I have spent most of today catching up with what you have all been doing.  Gosh you can do a lot in a week if you are a blogger it seems, I never realised everyone got up to so much.  Hope that no one thought I was stalking them today when I kept leaving comments on their posts as I got through reading them all.....  I even resorted to leaving apologies in case anyone thought that I was a stalker!

Tomorrow (Monday) is the big photo sort start day, it could take some time!  I will post as and when I get them sorted into some sort of semblance.  I also need to get out in the garden and photograph all the changes that happened in just one week.  The grass has greened up, the colchicums have bloomed, the mums are out and the apples are dropping like...  well, you can add your own word here, the "apples" are more like very bitter and rock hard marbles than apples!

So, I have two days to sort my photos, do the laundry, photography all my "finds" to show you, do my posts and 1000 other things before back to "normal" life on Wednesday.  Good job I had a holiday!!

Lovely to be back with you all, and thank you so much for your lovely comments and keeping on visiting me here, I really appreciate it and as much as I love sharing which is why I blog, it is nice to know that someone is reading!

Oh, and pineapples, I have something to say (and show!) on this, but you won't have seen anything yet.  Keep a lookout for any pineapple that you see in a strange place and then when I post about it you can let me know where you have seen them.

Another oh too... just finished catching up with Downton Abbey - no spoilers - but I laughed and laughed as they were all so rude to each other and then cried and cried when they were so nice to each other.  What am I like!  Loved it being back though.

Have a good week everyone!

Amy

24 comments:

  1. Welcome back, dear Amy! I missed you terribly! Cannot wait to hear all about your holidays in Italy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to telling you all about it Janet, I have some things to show that you will love!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, Amy!
    Now....get crackin' on those photos!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, I will get straight to it!! Need to go and buy some food today though, can I get a dispensation for that please!

      Delete
    2. That's good - I already went ha! Trying to find homes for all the food and all the stuff I bought in Italy - yes, I will post pics. Why would a GF person buy 4.5 kilos of non GF pasta!! I just couldn't resist the packets and the shapes crazy huh!!

      Delete
  3. You lucky lady!!!! It sounded like an outstanding get away! I can not wait to see the pictures of your trip!!! Good luck catching up with everything around the home and in the garden! Have a lovely week you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time, thank you. Looking forward to sharing!

      Delete
  4. Italy!!!! You lucky girl! Cannot WAIT to see the photos (blog stalker at large!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, stop stalking and start talking!! I will pop over to yours and visit when I get a chance. Good to "see" you, stop by again soon.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. Hope that you have a good week!

      Delete
  6. Welcome home. Hope you manage to get the photos sorted out, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I am trying to sort the photos now, just a few under 2200!! Gleeps! It might take some time.....

      Delete
  7. Benvenuti! Nothing beats an Italian holiday! I also did the scheduled posts when I was away, just because...and nice to see you have your priorities in order - catch up with Downton, THEN do the food shopping! ;-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well what else would one do when faced with two weeks of Downton!! Food shmood!! Still working on the pics, not yet ready to post a thing, but at least I watched Downton.... xx

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, I'm glad you had a nice trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous. We hope to visit Italy one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Linda, hope to see you again:)! I hope that you get to visit Italy, having been I would recommend it to anyone. I'm working on all my posts right now, so more to come!

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful destination for a holiday! I was in Italy for my first time last summer and it was so amazing. Looking forward to seeing your photos. I've been negligent on blogs for the last couple of weeks, and am having trouble getting into the swing of it again. Wendy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is an amazing place isn't it! I have just posted some of my pictures in the first of as many posts as I think you will all be able to bear. Have fun catching up on all your blogs, it is amazing isn't it how much everyone gets up to when you are not around for a little while! xx

      Delete
  11. We've been away too and last week I was so busy getting ready for our short trip I haven't been able to get on the computer. I'm only just catching up so I'm looking forward to seeing your posts on your trip to Italy and one of my favourite parts of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, look forward to your comments when you are able to catch up on my posts - there are rather a lot I'm afraid! Hope it will give you some good memories of your times there.

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx