Wednesday, 24 July 2013

How did this happen

I like to think that I am fairly organised.

Look.  This isn't bad.



So, what on earth happened here.




Same kitchen, less than 10 feet apart.  What is going on.

The ONLY rational explanation is that the mess bunny has struck.  He must have (note the mess bunny is a boy.  A girl would NEVER do anything like this!).  It can't have been me just stuffing things back in the cupboard.

Tin of beans falling on your head anyone?

I took everything out and put it on the bench.  Clearly, the only way is to start again.


 
I'm running out of space.  I better move the kettle.
 


Halfway there.



 
 
Done!  What a lot of stuff in such a little cupboard.

Look what I found.



5 jars of jam.  What am I doing with all this jam.  We hardly eat any jam.  Perhaps once a month.  Literally.  Where did it all come from?  Why did I accept 3 jars from my Mum's stash.

I looked in the fridge where I keep open jars.  There was more in there too.



The Damson Jam is wonderful by the way.  If you buy some can I suggest hiding it, as others will try and steal it from you.

All these beans.  We love beans.  But 6 cans.  For two people!



A lot of seeds.  Why so many?  Plans for bread that are not going well.



All sorted out now though, and plans made for it.  Well, apart from all those seeds.  Not sure what to do with them.  My no knead bread is NOT going well so far.  I had planned to add them to the top, but I am reluctant to waste them when my bread is not working.

I cannot show you a picture of the bread.  It was so horrible I didn't even photograph it.  I just checked back through my pictures.  Not one snap.  It must have been bad!!!



All neatly put back in the cupboard.  Probably not perfect.  But not so precarious and all the same sorts of things grouped together.

I hope these photos will remind me not to let this happen again.

Now, what to do next.

Some sort of cake is needed for the jam mountain.  I think I have a recipe for some cake bars with a layer of jam in the middle.

Also, more practice on the breadThen we can spread jam on our bread.

Bean salad or chilli for all the beans (probably salad given the heat we are having).

I am off to research recipes.  What do you think of jam flavoured palmiers.  There is some puff pastry in the freezer...  I'll let you know how it goes!

Amy

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! This post was fun. I am the same way, sometimes I have to just rip everything apart and clean it up. I tend to accumulate way too many cans of beans too. I'm following you by email and looking forward to reading along and getting to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer thanks for your comment and for following me. I hope that you enjoy it. It helps when you are writing to know that someone is reading! Amy

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy...I read your comment over at Jennifer's wonderful blog,and I decided to pay you a visit...You are doing a great job on blogging...
    I red your post about the no-knead bread...I have an even easier recipe, and has turned out wonderfully everytime I make it...
    Come over to my blog...and look at April 22,2012 post...the recipe and pictures are there!! Or click on "bread" under my labels...
    Let me know if it works for you!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda

      Thanks for your comment. I will come and have a look at your bread! I certainly need some help with this. I'll let you know how it turns out.

      Amy

      Delete
  3. I know it was not your intention; however, I love the little tour of your kitchen I just got!

    You must try the No-knead bread recipe I love so much! You'll have no trouble using those seeds. Just check my blog for No Knead Bread! You already have the Dutch oven you need... I saw it on top of your stove! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet

      I hate to say, but it was your recipe! A friend told me though that UK flour is not the same as US flour as it is a different sort of wheat. I have never managed to get my US recipes to work over here, but I know I managed when I lived in the US. I didn't know it was the flour. I will keep trying, I have had a go with all bread (high gluten) flour, plain (all purpose) flour, so I am going to try a mix of 50/50 next.

      I'll let you know how it goes!

      Amy

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx